• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freedom of speech 'no longer exists' in Australia and the UK: Katie Hopkins

Then I guess she still has freedom of speech, right?

Rowan the host listening to her agrees with what she said.

She also advocates for the white South African farmers 4% remaining she says, who have genocide practiced on them. That is a major problem don't you think?

She also advocates for the white South African farmers 4% remaining she says, who have genocide practiced on them. That is a major problem don't you think?

I don't give a damn what Rowan says. If she was able to say this, she still has free speech.

As she exercised her free speech.

A major problem that is irrelevant as to whether or not free speech is disallowed.

She was complaining about the lack of freedom of speech in the UK and Australia after her Twitter ban. But the decision to suspend her account permanently was done in San Francisco. We are totally at the mercy of American moderators of these social media giants based in California, which is the most liberal state. Compared to Ms Hopkins who is well-known for her racist remarks, Trump's tweets were relatively moderate. The Trump ban completely derailed his 2024 campaign.

Controversial commentator Katie Hopkins has been permanently suspended from Twitter for violating its hateful conduct policy, the social media giant said.
Ms Hopkins, who had more than one million followers, was previously suspended in January for a week.
But Twitter said her latest ban is permanent.
The social network did not, however, say which tweets Ms Hopkins had posted, to result in the ban.
"Keeping Twitter safe is a top priority for us - abuse and hateful conduct have no place on our service and we will continue to take action when our rules are broken," it said.

Last edited:
I guess you still have no substance. ⬆ ⬆ ⬆ ⬆
You started a thread to discuss the topic, you even asked for Brits and Australians to comment. I'm here to discuss the topic and have addressed what little there was in to OP; I disagree that we don't have free speech in the UK (with a couple of glaring examples why) and I don't consider Katie Hopkins a valuable source of information on this (or any other) topic.

A logical next step would be for you to give other reasons why you believe we don't have free speech here and we can discuss them. Of course, that assumes you were actually interested in an intelligent discussion on the topic in the first place. :cool:

You started a thread to discuss the topic, you even asked for Brits and Australians to comment. I'm here to discuss the topic and have addressed what little there was in to OP; I disagree that we don't have free speech in the UK (with a couple of glaring examples why) and I don't consider Katie Hopkins a valuable source of information on this (or any other) topic.

A logical next step would be for you to give other reasons why you believe we don't have free speech here and we can discuss them. Of course, that assumes you were actually interested in an intelligent discussion on the topic in the first place. :cool:
First I hoped the video would be discussed. I had a bad feeling Democrats would convert it away from the video to making it about me.

I got told by a Brit and Aussie I believe they have free speech. Perhaps you know why Katie Hopkins and others agree that free speech is dead in Both England and
Australia?

Remember this too. Approved speech is not free speech. Approved speech is what the master allows.

She is brand new to me as of the creation of the OP.

I get a kick out of her spunk.

She lost a suit that I know of that could have been settled for 5 pounds. She learned a lesson that time.

She was complaining about the lack of freedom of speech in the UK and Australia after her Twitter ban. But the decision to suspend her account permanently was done in San Francisco. We are totally at the mercy of American moderators of these social media giants based in California, which is the most liberal state. Compared to Ms Hopkins who is well-known for her racist remarks, Trump's tweets were relatively moderate. The Trump ban completely derailed his 2024 campaign.

Twitter and Facebook and to a lesser degree Youtube decided to be in charge of America's free speech on the internet.

Democrats a long time learned valuable lessons.
1. Take control of the Teachers
2. Take control of Unions
3. Take control of the on line internet
When they did all of that, it makes freedom harder to keep.

I want to comment only briefly about racism. Racism as the Democrats use it as a bludgeon is against only whites. Blacks can easily be racist and get away with being racists.

I do not accept the test is superiority. The true test is effect.

If you use race to get your way, you are a racist.

Should it be outlawed?

I do not think that is necessary.

I think if we keep having only black lives mattering, we are on a troubling path.

You're defending Katie Hopkins.

That's a losing position however you look at it.
You yourself admit you know almost nothing about her and you're arguing with people who have had years of having to listen to her spout shite.

Just pick someone else to defend.

First I hoped the video would be discussed.
Maybe you should have started a thread about South Africa then. :cool:

I got told by a Brit and Aussie I believe they have free speech. Perhaps you know why Katie Hopkins and others agree that free speech is dead in Both England and Australia?
I did explain why I think she says what she says - she is a professional agitator who makes her living saying and writing controversial things.

Remember this too. Approved speech is not free speech. Approved speech is what the master allows.
By that argument, there has never been free speech in any nation throughout history. A key aspect of the claims here though is that we no longer have free speech, which suggests a measurable change at some point. There are perfectly valid discussions and debates to be had on that topic but nothing meaningful can be started on the basis of a Katie Hopkins rant. You need a much stronger factual basis for meaningful discussion than that video alone.

She is brand new to me as of the creation of the OP. I get a kick out of her spunk.
That's why she is successful at what she does. As I said though, she doesn't present any concrete basis for her statements, she just asserts that we don't have free speech.

Then he should have moved to Parler earlier.

I am still in my profile avatar.

I am still looking for evidence "Freedom of speech 'no longer exists' in Australia and the UK".

She is freely speaking on Sky News. Is she not? He documentary is available. Is it not?

She speaks of losing her house. Guess what. Poor choices. Poor outcomes.

"I could have settled by giving £5,000 to a migrant charity but chose not to, and the ensuing court action and legal bills forced me to apply for an individual voluntary arrangement ."

SO she is supremely stupid.

Can't pay the fine? Don't do the libel.

I am still looking for evidence "Freedom of speech 'no longer exists' in Australia and the UK".

She is freely speaking on Sky News. Is she not? He documentary is available. Is it not?

She speaks of losing her house. Guess what. Poor choices. Poor outcomes.

"I could have settled by giving £5,000 to a migrant charity but chose not to, and the ensuing court action and legal bills forced me to apply for an individual voluntary arrangement ."

SO she is supremely stupid.

Can't pay the fine? Don't do the libel.
I presume by your query you plan to contact Katie Hopkins.

Let us all know what she has to say.

Back
Top Bottom