• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freedom of speech 'no longer exists' in Australia and the UK: Katie Hopkins

This is the actual topic.

Robert gets easily upset. Not a good trait in a chat forum.

This is the actual topic.

If she said that, Katie Hopkins is wrong (or, more likely, lying for attention). She is an unreliable source of information on this (or anything else) given that she is a professional provocateur who says and writes controversial things because it makes her money. There is also the minor point that she was freely speaking on a broadcast television show, which somewhat undermines the claim.

It is not merely here in America this comes up (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter daily censors) but in England and Australia protests are out that Freespeech has ended.

We hope some here from both England and Australia will grace us with their comments.

Do you deserve free speech?
Is it a right?
England and Australia has banned guns for personal use. How long before they fight back?

Only in gun happy countries like the US would they care about "personal use" guns. They have democratic governments and laws which regulate such things, people just don't obsess about the right to own personal guns.

If she said that, Katie Hopkins is wrong (or, more likely, lying for attention). She is an unreliable source of information on this (or anything else) given that she is a professional provocateur who says and writes controversial things because it makes her money. There is also the minor point that she was freely speaking on a broadcast television show, which somewhat undermines the claim.
Check her video in the OP.

Only in gun happy countries like the US would they care about "personal use" guns. They have democratic governments and laws which regulate such things, people just don't obsess about the right to own personal guns.
I would not claim the USA is gun happy. I would say we do actually have a bill of rights and owning guns happens to be one of our rights. If we w were Zimbabwe it might be different

Check her video in the OP.
I did but didn't hear anything of substance worth commenting on. I responded to your thread topic as you asked. Do you have anything to offer on the actual topic you raised?

I did but didn't hear anything of substance worth commenting on. I responded to your thread topic as you asked. Do you have anything to offer on the actual topic you raised?
I guess you still have no substance. ⬆ ⬆ ⬆ ⬆

Back
Top Bottom