• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

France- Yellow Vest Protesters are 'Too White', says CNN Producer

Lol. Who in hell cares what Mark Potok thinks?

There is no white race. Human DNA is about 99.9 percent the same across the full spectrum of skin color and ethnicity.

Epidemic? Please provide the epidemiological evidence as that would be interesting.

I once knew a British guy who married his Italian cousin. They didn't meet until they were adults and hence were strangers, so you can see how a romantic relationship wasn't impossible. Their kids turned out fine, but then apparently the risks have been overstated greatly:

https://www.popsci.com/marrying-cousins-genetics

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-getting-married-scientists-say-1210072.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/04/us/few-risks-seen-to-the-children-of-1st-cousins.html

So please do provide us the proof of this burden to the British HNS, because I was never aware of it when I worked in the system, and my old colleagues and friends still practising in the British NHS don't seem to be overwhelmed by it either.

Cousins marrying was very common in many western societies and still happens. I metioned the Brit I knew and his Italian cousin. Cousins marrying in Italy was once not that uncommon, and still happens since it is permitted by Italian law and with a bishop's consent, by the Catholic Church.

Italians are usually white and usually Christian. Am I thus supposed to make some broad sweeping generalisations about white Christians? Just askin' :roll:

When it becomes an epidemic, coupled with high birth rates, the chance of married cousins having at least one child with developmental issues becomes a very real problem.

It is estimated that at least 55% of British Pakistanis are married to first cousins and the tradition is also common among some other South Asian communities and in some Middle Eastern countries.

But there is a problem: marrying someone who is themselves a close family member carries a risk for children - a risk that lies within the code of life; within our genes.

Communities that practice cousin marriage experience higher levels of some very rare but very serious illnesses - illnesses known as recessive genetic disorders.

Recessive genetic disorders are caused by variant genes. There are hundreds of different recessive genetic disorders, many associated with severe disability and sometimes early death, and each caused by a different variant gene.

According to Ann Cryer MP, whose Keighley constituency has a large Pakistani population, much of the Pakistani community is in denial about the problem.

She tells Newsnight that she believes it is time for an open debate on the subject: "As we address problems of smoking, drinking, obesity, we say it's a public health issue, and therefore we all have to get involved with it in persuading people to adopt a different lifestyle", she says.

"I think the same should be applied to this problem in the Asian community. They must adopt a different lifestyle. They must look outside the family for husbands and wives for their young people."

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight | The risks of cousin marriage

Now, here are the ramifications.

The number of babies born with birth defects in Bradford is nearly double the national average, research conducted in the city has shown.

The study found this was largely because of marriages between first cousins in the Pakistani community.

Consanguineous marriage accounted for nearly a third of abnormalities in a study of more than 11,300 babies.

Of 5,127 babies of Pakistani origin, 37% had married parents who were first cousins, compared to less than 1% of married couples nationally.

Last year, the BiB project found cousins getting married was becoming more common among British-born Pakistanis in Bradford than a generation ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-23183102

London borough finds one in five child deaths caused by parents being related
Children of consanguineous couples accounted for 19 per cent of child death cases in Redbridge between 2008 and 2016, report shows

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...kistani-families-council-report-a7741146.html

As a former medical professional, how can you endorse this?

Lol. Who in hell cares what Mark Potok thinks?

Subversive groups like the SPLC have a lot of power behind the scenes. You may not know this, or be willing to admit this, but groups like the SPLC and ADL have blackmailed entire countries into doing what they wanted. The SPLC has also worked with Antifa to dox members of the right, in order to stalk, harass, and upend their lives. SPLC was contracted as a partner to help the FBI determine which groups represented a domestic terrorist threat for years, until a domestic terrorist carried out an attack based on information contained on the SPLC website.

So 'who in the hell cares what Mark Potok thinks'? Plenty of people, and his organization has millions of dollars at its disposal to guarantee people care what they think.

There is no white race. Human DNA is about 99.9 percent the same across the full spectrum of skin color and ethnicity.

This is an idea that originated from Franz Boas (German Marxist) and has been used by those with political angendas to subvert the USA and Europe. Boas also introduced the theory of cultural relativism, which has been proven absurd, although you'll no doubt recite some PC mantra to the contrary. Many of Boas' racial theories have been debunked, yet this one (race is a social construct) lives on, it's intended goal to mentally disarm Caucasians of their own history, culture, and uniqueness in the world.

Plenty of scientists have disagreed with the idea of race as a social construct. They've been shamed, threatened, and harmed into silence.

When it becomes an epidemic, coupled with high birth rates, the chance of married cousins having at least one child with developmental issues becomes a very real problem.

It is estimated that at least 55% of British Pakistanis are married to first cousins and the tradition is also common among some other South Asian communities and in some Middle Eastern countries.

But there is a problem: marrying someone who is themselves a close family member carries a risk for children - a risk that lies within the code of life; within our genes.

Communities that practice cousin marriage experience higher levels of some very rare but very serious illnesses - illnesses known as recessive genetic disorders.

Recessive genetic disorders are caused by variant genes. There are hundreds of different recessive genetic disorders, many associated with severe disability and sometimes early death, and each caused by a different variant gene.

According to Ann Cryer MP, whose Keighley constituency has a large Pakistani population, much of the Pakistani community is in denial about the problem.

She tells Newsnight that she believes it is time for an open debate on the subject: "As we address problems of smoking, drinking, obesity, we say it's a public health issue, and therefore we all have to get involved with it in persuading people to adopt a different lifestyle", she says.

"I think the same should be applied to this problem in the Asian community. They must adopt a different lifestyle. They must look outside the family for husbands and wives for their young people."

The number of babies born with birth defects in Bradford is nearly double the national average, research conducted in the city has shown.

The study found this was largely because of marriages between first cousins in the Pakistani community.

Consanguineous marriage accounted for nearly a third of abnormalities in a study of more than 11,300 babies.

Of 5,127 babies of Pakistani origin, 37% had married parents who were first cousins, compared to less than 1% of married couples nationally.

Last year, the BiB project found cousins getting married was becoming more common among British-born Pakistanis in Bradford than a generation ago.

Children of consanguineous couples accounted for 19 per cent of child death cases in Redbridge between 2008 and 2016, report shows

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...kistani-families-council-report-a7741146.html

Nothing we didn't already know, and you present no evidence of an "epidemic" nor of this immense "burden" on the British NHS. Do you know what the word epidemic means?

Former? Have work told you something I don't know?

I don't endorse cousins being married off automatically because certain strict communities expect it, especially when it's against their will. The forced marriage syndrome revolts me whichever community it occurs in. My point is that marrying cousins is not restricted to those few communities you hate. Now answer my question, which par for the course, you've conveniently ignored:

Cousins marrying was very common in many western societies and still happens. I metioned the Brit I knew and his Italian cousin. Cousins marrying in Italy was once not that uncommon, and still happens since it is permitted by Italian law and with a bishop's consent, by the Catholic Church.

Italians are usually white and usually Christian. Am I thus supposed to make some broad sweeping generalisations about white Christians?

Evidence reported on by French media and journalists who have been closely covering the protests has shown that at least half of the Red Scarves who participated in Sunday’s demonstrations had been bused into Paris for the demonstration. This has led to speculation about the movement’s actual extent of popular support, both in Paris and nationwide,.

Of course they were. Just like the Gilets Jaune who were bussed up to Paris. Did you think they all lived a spit away from the Arc de Triomphe?

"Yellow vests" causing mayhem in Paris. Note the circled individual.....

That is the Frenchman Mickael Takahashi who has fought for the Russians in Ukraine and Syria.

Where did you come by those pictures? You have a link for it?

*.........................it's intended goal to mentally disarm Caucasians of their own history, culture, and uniqueness in the world...................................~
Muahahahahaha.

The idea that you're actually not supreme in your whiteness really stings you, eh?

Plenty of scientists have disagreed with the idea of race as a social construct.
and far more, from anthropologist to biologists, have disagreed with the concept of there being any race at all.
They've been shamed, threatened, and harmed into silence.
Where you provide no proof of threats, let alone harm, shaming is the best thing that could have happened to them.

Only place they had a state-wide approval lately was with the Nazis, so no surprise there (not in the Third Reich and not in your little realm of fantasy.

How do you live with the proven fact, BTW, that you share 99 % DNA with the chimpanzees? Makes one also wonder how the chimps feel about sharing 99% DNA with you. Especially you.:lamo:lamo:lamo

Now answer my question, which par for the course, you've conveniently ignored:

Italians are usually white and usually Christian. Am I thus supposed to make some broad sweeping generalisations about white Christians?

"..Cousins marrying was very common.."

"Cousins marrying in Italy was once not that uncommon.."

If you want to be an idiot, that's your business. Comparing the present day situation to what 'was somewhat common once...somewhere... probably those Italians...yah, it was the Catholics I bet!' isn't a good look, but that's par for the course.

The thing with racists is that human empathy actually arouses pity for the stupidity they display (and indeed have to) in order to be able to justify their insane philosophy.

But then the conundrum arises that, together with their idiotic views, they also have to show themselves to be such despicable specimen of humanity, that any such human instinct as pity that practically any other in their environment would be afforded, finds automatic neutralization.

If you want to be an idiot, that's your business. Comparing the present day situation to what 'was somewhat common once...somewhere... probably those Italians...yah, it was the Catholics I bet!' isn't a good look, but that's par for the course.
Maybe you should bark your foam up the more proper tree (proper as in greater geographical proximity).

Like the 19 US states that allow marriage between first cousins, your own one included (state, I mean, not your cousin if you have one).

Do you have one?:lol:

And are you Catholic?:mrgreen:

I was making the point that you do not judge an entire community by the practices of some within it. That something, once again, went over your head is not shocking.

Now, for the third time, please provide evidence of this "epidemic" in the UK, causing such a "burden" on the NHS.

Maybe you should bark your foam up the more proper tree (proper as in greater geographical proximity).

Like the 19 US states that allow marriage between first cousins, your own one included (state, I mean, not your cousin if you have one).

Do you have one?:lol:

And are you Catholic?:mrgreen:

I'll answer your questions in kind when you answer mine.

Do you have cousins?

Are you Jewish? (either religiously or ethnically will suffice)

Bye now!

I was making the point that you do not judge an entire community by the practices of some within it. That something, once again, went over your head is not shocking.

Now, for the third time, please provide evidence of this "epidemic" in the UK, causing such a "burden" on the NHS.

- 55% of British Pakistanis who are married, wed their first cousin.
- The birthrate for women of Pakistani heritage in the UK is much higher than for other women.

I'll answer your questions in kind when you answer mine.

Do you have cousins?

Are you Jewish? (either religiously or ethnically will suffice)

Bye now!
Do you honestly think my questions were anything but rhetorical? Or consisted of anything but laughter at your asinine take of bashing first cousin marriages among the feelthy brown people, while ignoring that such marriages are legal even in your own state?

And considering the general silliness and dishonesty of your disingenuous offerings, what makes you think I'm interested in any sort of answer from you on just about anything?

Or even remotely interested in sharing anything at all with the likes of you?

You don't get to set conditions for anyone here and to assume that you are in any such position makes you look truly foolish.

~ You have to realize that Europe criminalizes speech to such an extent, that conservatives can face jail time for even questioning what the EU, UN, and home country's government are doing.

Which country's police force just called on its citizens to report offensive speech? ~
It was Britain. Yes, Britain has become a nation in which offensive speech can become a police matter.

Weren't you trying to say the UK doesn't allow commentary on anything to do with muslims and race before?

So I note with irony that you quote BRITISH sources on Pakistani first cousin marriage. You never fail to fail.

- 55% of British Pakistanis who are married, wed their first cousin.
- The birthrate for women of Pakistani heritage in the UK is much higher than for other women.

You weren't asked for that.

You were asked for proof of the "epidemic" of birth defects that is such a "burden" on the British NHS.

You were asked for proof of the "epidemic" of birth defects that is such a "burden" on the British NHS.

Don't hold your breath waiting on that. He big on exaggerations and not nearly as accommodating with citations.

Cut the crap Urethra. You do this every time we talk, you ignore the overall point I'm making and instead fixate over one word or phrase that you demand citations for. Admit when you're wrong dear.

Don't hold your breath waiting on that. He big on exaggerations and not nearly as accommodating with citations.

According to a report for the BBC’s Newsnight, British Pakistanis are 13 times more likely to have children with genetic disorders than the general population.

They are responsible for three percent of all births, but produce just under a third of all British children with such health problems.

In Birmingham, around one in ten children from first cousin marriages either dies in infancy or develops a serious life-long disability caused by genetic ailments, according to health officials in the city, where half the mothers of Pakistani origin are married to a close relative.

Meanwhile, a research document by the NHS-funded Enhanced Genetic Services Project reveals that in Birmingham in 2009-2010, the combined infant stillbirth and death rate ‘definitely or probably’ due to genetic disorders inherited from Pakistani cousin parents was 38 times higher than that among white European babies in the city.

Former Labour MP Ann Cryer, who represented Keighley near Bradford, has bravely highlighted this issue, but was attacked by the Left for calling for an end to such ‘medieval’ unions.

She said: ‘It’s not fair to the children or to the NHS which has to treat them. If you go into a paediatric ward in Bradford or Keighley, you will find more than half the kids are from the Asian community.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5927581/The-tragic-truth-cousin-marriages.html

Weren't you trying to say the UK doesn't allow commentary on anything to do with muslims and race before?

So I note with irony that you quote BRITISH sources on Pakistani first cousin marriage. You never fail to fail.

Say something controversial IC. Say the Pakistani culture is bringing the UK regressive, cave man practices, and impeding progress. Then you'll get that shoulder tap. We both know I'm right, only one of us is wise enough to admit it.

Do you honestly think my questions were anything but rhetorical? Or consisted of anything but laughter at your asinine take of bashing first cousin marriages among the feelthy brown people, while ignoring that such marriages are legal even in your own state?

And considering the general silliness and dishonesty of your disingenuous offerings, what makes you think I'm interested in any sort of answer from you on just about anything?

Or even remotely interested in sharing anything at all with the likes of you?

You don't get to set conditions for anyone here and to assume that you are in any such position makes you look truly foolish.

You thought I was being serious by mirroring the nature of questions you directed at me to fit you? I knew the self described 'nightcrawler' would never be forthcoming when asked directly. It's the nature of nightcrawlers to be elusive.

Say something controversial IC. Say the Pakistani culture is bringing the UK regressive, cave man practices, and impeding progress. Then you'll get that shoulder tap. We both know I'm right, only one of us is wise enough to admit it.
You're never right on anything at all and the idea of you being controversialatallcosts lending significance to what you spout is laughable.

One notes that you do not address the point of the post you respond to but that's kinda characteristic of you anyway.

The point having been here of you citing as evidence sources that you deem unworthy on account of their being gagged. Geez, what a pathetic spectacle is that then.

You thought I was being serious by mirroring the nature of questions you directed at me to fit you? I knew the self described 'nightcrawler' would never be forthcoming when asked directly. It's the nature of nightcrawlers to be elusive.
I actually don't credit you with any seriousness in whatever field. Only the serious I take seriously and thus afford them the courtesy of relevant exchange.

The point remains that your state allows first cousin marriage while you wandered off to further fields to satisfy your obsessions over others not as white as you, making once again a complete fool of yourself in the process.

Keeping that in mind it comes as no surprise that you run from your own offerings once you cannot counter their being challenged.

As you always do.

Cut the crap Urethra. You do this every time we talk, you ignore the overall point I'm making and instead fixate over one word or phrase that you demand citations for. Admit when you're wrong dear.

Cut the crap. You do this every time we talk. You invent facts and then can't answer a direct question when challenged. Admit when you're stumped, dear.

Back
Top Bottom