• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox's role in Kasich campaign questioned

I figured you would wait until enough posts were made that you could avoid having to man up for your false statement.

Good Job!
You are full of it Grim. What false statement did I make oh great one?

There is nobody on Fox including O'Reilly that can give a fair interview To Strickland, they're all in the tank for Kasich.

as opposed to the rest of the media? Strickland was endorsed by the NRA-I am having a tough time with this one since I don't like Kasich but I want to do everything possible to flush the Dems out of the White House in 2012

There is nobody on Fox including O'Reilly that can give a fair interview To Strickland, they're all in the tank for Kasich.

But, since Strickland chickened out, we'll never know if he would have gotten a fair interview.

You are full of it Grim. What false statement did I make oh great one?

Take a look here, then get back to me... Or you can run away for a while and pretend you never said it. Seeing how that didn't work the last time though...

zero & zero

was false, as has been demonstrated. Weasel away.
I admit I made an error when I posted that. However I can't blame Strictland for not appearing on Fox, nobody could be fair there. Fox promotes GOP candidates.

Take a look here, then get back to me... Or you can run away for a while and pretend you never said it. Seeing how that didn't work the last time though...
Tell me Grim, why is Fox the arbiter on who get interviewed? Why is it that a cable channel gives interviews to state governor nominees. Also, why will certain GOP candidates appear only on Fox? Sharron Angle, Joe Miller and Christine O'Donnell come to mind?

Man up, Grim I'll be waiting for answers to those questions. :2razz:

Answers to what questions? Why Fox is the arbiter of who it interviews? Why shouldn't it be? Who else should be?

Why shouldn't a cable channel give an interview to a "state governor nominee"?

You tell people that Democrats shouldn't appear on Fox, yet wonder why some Republicans might not want to appear on other networks which would be hostile to them? Oh, that's right; no other network is anything but perfectly fair. ('Coz, you know, openly referring to their political affiliation as "teabaggers" says "yes, we'll be fair to you" like nobody's business.")

Last edited:
Tell me Grim, why is Fox the arbiter on who get interviewed? Why is it that a cable channel gives interviews to state governor nominees. Also, why will certain GOP candidates appear only on Fox? Sharron Angle, Joe Miller and Christine O'Donnell come to mind?

If a candidate is invited to be interviewed and the candidate declines, then the candidate was the arbiter. :2wave:

4 invites compared to 16 is not any where near even.

Let's face facts... Dems shy away from FOX NEWS because they know they're going to be asked some tough questions... one of the few times that happens to Dems. In fact, they don't simply shy away... they boycott debates hosted by FOX. Further, the candidate could ask for air time... think the Dem Gov. candidate asked to be on and was denied by FOX? LOL...

This is all about nothing.

Why do they decide who gets interviewed? Because it's their network. Or do you have government expansion in mind for this... to match the networks loaded with Journolists?

Why do Angle, Miller and O'Donnell shun the Journolists? It's a smart move... they can get the message out via ads, FOX and talk radio. They can do precisely what Dems have done to FOX... ignore them and their Journolists.

For the first time in my lifetime, right wingers can largely ignore the Journolist Propaganda Machine and get the message out. FOX crushes all the other networks combined (wonder why...LOL), and talk radio has huge audiences nation wide. The internet replaces a lot of TV. The Journolists are losing control of the process, which is tremendous. They aren't toothless yet though, as noted by their successful propagandizing for Obama in 08... but that is now proven to be an airball of such huge proportions that Joe Public now realizes they were sold a bill of goods by Obama's hatchetmen... the Journolists and their networks.

The media landscape continues to change, and this isn't good for left wingers.
Looks like we've dodged the Fairness Doctrine (aka Pravda Doktrine) for now.

Last edited:
Again, I thank Mellie for her honest post:
16 appearances since June isn't very many especially since he's a former employee and friend.

John Kasich is a former Fox host and is 'family' and they will do anything to get him elected. He has been on Fox 16 times since he announced his candidacy for governor or Ohio - a key state to win.

It matters little how many times Fox offered to interview Strictland, they couldn't afford him the same hospitality as they gave Kasich.

Again, I thank Mellie for her honest post:

John Kasich is a former Fox host and is 'family' and they will do anything to get him elected. He has been on Fox 16 times since he announced his candidacy for governor or Ohio - a key state to win.

It matters little how many times Fox offered to interview Strictland, they couldn't afford him the same hospitality as they gave Kasich.

Well, Pete, you think it's a crime that they don't "offer" to interview Strickland (though you have no idea how many times they did; you just DECLARE that they only did it a few times), yet you also say you think Strickland would be smart to turn them down.

So maybe they did offer to interview him as many times, maybe he turned them down. You'd say that was smart of him, but at the same time, you'd blast Fox for not having him on.

While, of course, you remain willfully blind to MSNBC's electoral favors.

What are you talking about? They offered the guy the chance many times and he turned them down. They afforded him every hospitality they could and he refused every time it was offered. You seem to be beating a drum that is broken. A fact everyone seems to be aware of and trying to inform you of, but it would seem you are deaf to the lack of sound coming from the drum and from the people telling you of the fact the drum is broken. Please try to listen up..

There is no other kinds of hospitality they can offer but their ear and a place for his voice to be heard. What do you believe they could possibly do to provide more? Total agreement with his views? That has nothing to do with hospitality.

Well, Pete, you think it's a crime that they don't "offer" to interview Strickland (though you have no idea how many times they did; you just DECLARE that they only did it a few times), yet you also say you think Strickland would be smart to turn them down.
According to post #11 he was only offered to be interviewed four times. Yes, I don't blame Strickland for not appearing because be would not get the same treatment as Kasich. But that's Strickland's choice, not mine.

So maybe they did offer to interview him as many times, maybe he turned them down. You'd say that was smart of him, but at the same time, you'd blast Fox for not having him on.
The race for governor of Ohio is a high profile race and an important one. I think it's wrong to promote either candidate.

While, of course, you remain willfully blind to MSNBC's electoral favors.

When did they interview Stickland even once?

According to post #11 he was only offered to be interviewed four times.

You are correct on that point, which was my oversight.

Yes, I don't blame Strickland for not appearing because be would not get the same treatment as Kasich. But that's Strickland's choice, not mine.

So . . . Fox should have him on, but he should choose not to go on?

The race for governor of Ohio is a high profile race and an important one. I think it's wrong to promote either candidate.

It's amazing how blind you are to anything but Fox. It really, truly is.

When did they interview Stickland even once?

That isn't what I'm talking about. You refuse to acknowledge it, but you've seen the examples of MSNBC's own help for candidates.

Besides:

Governor Strickland Interview With Chuck Todd - ProgressOhio: POtv

There's "even once." I have no doubt there's more, but I don't really have much desire to dig it up.

My god man... READ YOUR OWN DAMNED POSTS!... It tells you in the article.

It doesn't say interviewed Grim, it says appeared, HUGE difference, my friend.

Chuck Todd is a journalist and not a partisan hack like Hannity and O'Rielly. He gave a fair and unbiased interview to Strickland!!

How could he possibly have done so if Strickland never appeared on MSNBC "even once"? :doh

Strickland had something to hide that's all, and he wants only SOFT questions like MSNBC, CBS, NBC, etc. etc.

He wants an interview where they can make him look and sound good.

Chuck Todd is a partisan hack!
It's not a surprised that YOU would say that, because you think everyone who works at NBC News are partisan hacks as evidenced by your surprise in the OP of the following thread:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-...tually-does-fair-profile-nj-gov-christie.html

Chuck Todd is the White House correspondent for NBC news, Major Garrett was the White House correspondent for Fox , if they were seen as a partisan hacks, they would not have that position. Trust me.

Oh, and you think Beck and Schultz are pundits, when they are partisan hacks.

If you invite me to your soiree, and I don't show, the first, the second, the third, you are going invite me a fourth time. Please.

Apparently there was not enough begging and pleading by Fox. The OP and this idiocy about Fox is about as ignorant of a thread as I've seen. OOpss.. my radar is picking up sock puppet from the OP. Hmm... gotta get the thing adjusted. Or do I....

Back
Top Bottom