• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox’s Peter Doocy Battles Jen Psaki in Tense Confrontation on Crime in America: Does Biden Know That ‘People Do Not Feel Safe?’

I think anyone with a school age child must have that kind of fear - I know I do but personally for myself I feel perfectly safe and I live in what's considered a 'bad' part of town. The kind of hood these people who are that scared probably picture in their head.

As far as school shootings, my daughter had me watch a short film on Netflix: "If anything happens i love you" I cried and then got pretty upset that we can't even come together to at least have some ideas how to prevent school shootings. I never felt like that at school and it sucks our kids are scared but what they are expecting of Biden really has nothing to do with that kind of scared.

Sandy Hook was the defining moment, by which I mean if anything was going to get done, it would have been done then.

Instead we (collectively) have decided that victims of mass shootings are acceptable collateral damage in our safeguarding of the 2A.

**** the right wing. For starters, complete ****ing cowards who never feel safe.

sEcondly, the same assholes crying about crime fight against livable wages,affordable healthcare, welfare and other support for poor people, and do nothing to address crime. Then blame dems. Same moronic shit over and over. The same tired "we need more police and more prison sentences" in a country with the highest rate of imprisonmenmt in industrilized world, on par with some ****ed up countries (Land of the Free my ass), and nothing changes with crime.

So as usual, just moronic lies and scape goating from the right. YOu people are responsible for all the shit and your worship of greed and exploitation of workers for that greed.

I live in a city that has high crime, and I feel safe. Because I'm not a chickenshit like republicans

Just a note: Most criminals get away with the crime committed. Police are not a guarantee to prevent crime. No stats have been shown that adding more police to a force lowers violent crime. The number one reason people buy guns is for security though most gunowners live in lower crime areas. Hilarious.

Come on guys. Seriously. Can anyone find any Fox News person telling the Trump administration that people didn't feel safe? Just one comment please.

Very straightforward reporting of today's argument HERE.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.
Questions like "why are there so many guns on the street?" 'cause that's a good one.

If guns was the problem we'd have had just as many school shootings in the fifties and sixties. Obviously it's a societal problem not a gun problem.

That's one of the problems, you don't even want to talk about it as any factor in the equation. I am very "pro-gun" but I also don't get defensive and stubborn anytime any sense of gun control is mentioned, especially in regards to schools. Sure a student can use a knife - but would be easily disarmed. Sure a student can make a bomb - but that takes a little more time and resources. So perhaps if you could lessen your stance a little we could begin to talk about it. I know you have the "right to bear arms" but we also are sensible enough to understand arms don't necessarily include all weapons, right? Even right wing hero Ronald Reagan took on the gun lobby and supported an assault weapon ban, maybe it's because he actually cared about gun violence.

Sandy Hook was the defining moment, by which I mean if anything was going to get done, it would have been done then.

Instead we (collectively) have decided that victims of mass shootings are acceptable collateral damage in our safeguarding of the 2A.

Once the fetus has been born into an actual human, it's worthless. Give that baby a glock and wish it well.

That's one of the problems, you don't even want to talk about it as any factor in the equation. I am very "pro-gun" but I also don't get defensive and stubborn anytime any sense of gun control is mentioned, especially in regards to schools. Sure a student can use a knife - but would be easily disarmed. Sure a student can make a bomb - but that takes a little more time and resources. So perhaps if you could lessen your stance a little we could begin to talk about it. I know you have the "right to bear arms" but we also are sensible enough to understand arms don't necessarily include all weapons, right? Even right wing hero Ronald Reagan took on the gun lobby and supported an assault weapon ban, maybe it's because he actually cared about gun violence.

Many of us gun supporters would probably back reasonable gun control if we didn't feel the Left would use it as momentum to further chip away at our rights. You have to admit, some of the rehtoric that comes from liberasl and Democrat leaders makes us defensive to even give an inch.

Does your side feel the same when it comes to abortion rights and any sort of restrictions?

LOL! Democrats have been in control of Detroit, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for over 50 years.

Not only have they failed to get a handle on crime, but poverty, homelessness, and addiction have risen as well.

Notice how the left have amnesia about their history of governing large cities. In fact, they can't point to one single success story.
If you were more interested in addressing the issue of violence you'd have a better understanding of why your blaming diversion does not fly.

REDUCING VIOLENT CRIME IN AMERICAN CITIES - from the Police Foundation

"There exist several federal government tools (e.g., focused deterrence) and resources (e.g., gun tracing) to assist local law enforcement in its crime reduction efforts. They should be easily accessible to state and local police agencies that could benefit from such tools and resources. Additionally, the support of the U.S. Attorney is critical to a jurisdiction in fighting local crime. Building strong, federal cases can not only hold offenders accountable but send a message to others that all available resources will be used against those who violate the law. Lastly, the new Administration and Congress must confront the impact that firearms have on violent crime in America. Trafficking, illegal markets, theft, and diversion of guns has not been addressed sufficiently. Legislation and federal initiatives must be developed and used to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals."

Please explain how the Democrats are responsible for the gun violence in their cities when they have little to no control of the crime guns being imported from red states.

Under the last administration did they (AGs of major cities) have the support of the US Attorney General? :unsure:

Many of us gun supporters would probably back reasonable gun control if we didn't feel the Left would use it as momentum to further chip away at our rights. You have to admit, some of the rehtoric that comes from liberasl and Democrat leaders makes us defensive to even give an inch.

Does your side feel the same when it comes to abortion rights and any sort of restrictions?

What kind of rhetoric are you speaking of exactly? And even if they do, just because libs are being poopyheads you can't work to come up with your own good gun control proposal? That's the shit I hate about partisans, justifying your stubbornness because the other side does it.

And my side as in "pro-choice"? Yes, there should be reasonable restrictions on abortions after XX amount of weeks. Provide more education on sex and contraception and make contraception free and available. Colorado is a great example on how they were able to cut their rates in half doing those kind of programs.

Highlighted the problem. Are democrats responsible for your feels, or do you take responsibility for your negative emotions and act to dispel those fears? Your "side" blames instead of acts.

Sandy Hook was the second most horrible day in my lifetime, behind 9/11. The images of those children in their coffins will never leave my head.

Highlighted the problem. Are democrats responsible for your feels, or do you take responsibility for your negative emotions and act to dispel those fears? Your "side" blames instead of acts.

........................there's a reason we roll our eyes at liberals

What kind of rhetoric are you speaking of exactly? And even if they do, just because libs are being poopyheads you can't work to come up with your own good gun control proposal? That's the shit I hate about partisans, justifying your stubbornness because the other side does it.

And my side as in "pro-choice"? Yes, there should be reasonable restrictions on abortions after XX amount of weeks. Provide more education on sex and contraception and make contraception free and available. Colorado is a great example on how they were able to cut their rates in half doing those kind of programs.

Comical.

Get back to me when Democrats come up with their own proposed restrictions on abortions and a woman's right to choose.

Got it. You can't possibly come up with any ideas until the Democrats do.

Naw. You came up with an idiotic idea and when asked if your side would be willing to do the same whe it comes to an equally contentious issue your side holds dear, you ran away from answering.

Naw. You came up with an idiotic idea and when asked if your side would be willing to do the same whe it comes to an equally contentious issue your side holds dear, you ran away from answering.

No I did not. I said I was willing to compromise with common sense abortion measures like limiting after XX amount of weeks and using funding to provide education and contraceptives to avoid abortion in the first place. Now you can counter with what you want regarding abortion and we can go from there, no?

So now on the topic of gun control, would you agree with an assault weapons ban? What do you or don't you want?

Maybe people don't feel safe because there are so many people running around with guns. I think Doocy opened the door on that one.

The idea that so many violent and dangerous people are running around (allowed to roam freely among us) couldn’t possibly be the problem, it must be all of those tools causing the (increasing) crime problem. Oddly, the ‘root cause’ of stabbings is almost never said to be knives, yet the ‘root cause’ for shootings is frequently said to be guns.

**** the right wing. For starters, complete ****ing cowards who never feel safe.

sEcondly, the same assholes crying about crime fight against livable wages,affordable healthcare, welfare and other support for poor people, and do nothing to address crime. Then blame dems. Same moronic shit over and over. The same tired "we need more police and more prison sentences" in a country with the highest rate of imprisonmenmt in industrilized world, on par with some ****ed up countries (Land of the Free my ass), and nothing changes with crime.

So as usual, just moronic lies and scape goating from the right. YOu people are responsible for all the shit and your worship of greed and exploitation of workers for that greed.

I live in a city that has high crime, and I feel safe. Because I'm not a chickenshit like republicans

I'm a conservative living in Louisiana.

My neighborhood is probably 90%+ black.

You wouldn't willingly walk down my street I guarantee you.

But I feel perfectly safe.

Because unlike Democrats. I'm not a chickenshit

No I did not. I said I was willing to compromise with common sense abortion measures like limiting after XX amount of weeks and using funding to provide education and contraceptives to avoid abortion in the first place. Now you can counter with what you want regarding abortion and we can go from there, no?

So now on the topic of gun control, would you agree with an assault weapons ban? What do you or don't you want?

Your personal compromise aside, you're party would never be willing to propose that on it's own. It would be considered a bipartisan acknowledgment that abortion is an issue and would likely lead to calls for further restrictions in the future.

As for me personally, the assault weapons ban is about useless as shown the last time it was enacted but if we want to ban comsetic features on weapons to make some people feel better, go right ahead. I could possibly get behind a more comprehensive background check for any Ar type gun purchase as well as mandatory safety training. I would also likely support universal background checks on any weapon transaction and a lifetime ban on any violent felon owning a gun with severe sentencing guidelines.

Of course in return I would expect some type of affirmation of our gun rights.

........................there's a reason we roll our eyes at liberals
Not an answer. Do you not take responsibility for your own negative feelings about hypothetical enemies?

*rolling eyes*
Psychology brings several theoretical perspectives to the study of avoidance:
A. its use as a means of coping;
B. its use as a response to fear or shame;
C. its existence as a personality style or predisposition;
D. its existence as a component in anxiety disorders.

All of the above?

Psychology brings several theoretical perspectives to the study of avoidance:
A. its use as a means of coping;
B. its use as a response to fear or shame;
C. its existence as a personality style or predisposition;
D. its existence as a component in anxiety disorders.

All of the above?

Or I could simply consider you just another liberal joke not worth engaging.

Or I could simply consider you just another liberal joke not worth engaging.
Avoidance again, this time with an ad hom. Hilarious, and you're still engaging! ;)

I remember when Peter Doocy asked the Trump administration if they knew that people didn't feel safe.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

He might have, if he hadn’t been drowned out by all the Lib guys and their “gotchas.” Remember the time Jim Acosta asked a dumb question about “the Schumer shutdown,” implying it didn’t exist, and Mick Mullvaney had to remind him that a minority faction could indeed shut things down? Anyone remember that one?

Back
Top Bottom