• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox’s Peter Doocy Battles Jen Psaki in Tense Confrontation on Crime in America: Does Biden Know That ‘People Do Not Feel Safe?’

Very straightforward reporting of today's argument HERE.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.
I'm actually a bit worried that I feel safer than I should.
I keep second guessing it and wondering if I should be more concerned.

But **** that, it's no fun.

LOL! Democrats have been in control of Detroit, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for over 50 years.
talkin' nationally--------and not just who is "in charge" at the moment
Not only have they failed to get a handle on crime, but poverty, homelessness, and addiction have risen as well.
ditto the cause-----GOP obstruction in ridding us of the causes
Notice how the left have amnesia about their history of governing large cities. In fact, they can't point to one single success story.
??????? they all have success

ditto the cause-----GOP obstruction in ridding us of the causes

The GOP doesn't run any major city urban center. All inner cities are run and have been run by democrats.

...for decades.

I find it laughable how Republicans whip out the same tired garbage about them being tough on crime, democrats being weak. On top of the points that I made regarding dems plans to address the root cause of crime, republicans go with the same moronic failed shit. More police, more prison sentences, more locking people in jail in definitely withotu trial because they can't afford bail, and yet, crime rate doesn't go anywhere.

Also, the same people extending the pandemic, which is making people even more poor and desperate, also whine about payments to those out of work, etc. So its as typical with them, they do nothing but whine and finger point while the moronic policies they support fail.

But it does one thing they love, it locks away disproportionately people of color and poor people. But of course, as soon as they go to jail like the insurrectionists, they start whining about how tough prison is
Excellent post.

Well said. (which all but guarantees Trumpers won't like it and/or read it)

I guess maybe you might not feel safe...if yer yella.

LOL! Democrats have been in control of Detroit, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for over 50 years.

Not only have they failed to get a handle on crime, but poverty, homelessness, and addiction have risen as well.

Notice how the left have amnesia about their history of governing large cities. In fact, they can't point to one single success story.

Do they tell you to name those three cities over and over again, or do you just not know any other cities in this country?

Jacksonville is now known as the "Murder Capital of Florida". It saw a massive uptick in crime. It has a Republican mayor. Did he cause that?

Dung rolls downhill------------from GOP policies & obstruction on a national/state level

Jesus, that's a new one. Hear that folks? The Democratic Party can't solve problems in the cities they run because GOP.

We are very lucky to have FOX. Thank you, Mr. D.

Otherwise, most Americans would be blissfully unaware of the orgy of violence currently engulfing all our cities.

Hopefully, Americans will send a clear message of disgust this November.
No surprise you get your “information” from Rupert Murdoch.

I live downtown in a big city and I feel perfectly safe. I'll often take my dog on late-night walks down by the waterfront.

Who are these people who supposedly don't feel safe?
Republicans who live in the suburbs and countryside.

With answers like those Psaki gives, it's no wonder they poll so terribly on handling crime.

The ABC News/Washington Post poll released Friday morning revealed that just 38 percent of Americans approve of the 46th commander-in-chief’s response to recent crime spikes nationwide.

I live downtown in a big city and I feel perfectly safe. I'll often take my dog on late-night walks down by the waterfront.

Who are these people who supposedly don't feel safe?

I'll bet cash money you couldn't walk down Martin Luther King Blvd in DC late at night and survive without at least being beaten and robbed.

I'll bet cash money you couldn't walk down Martin Luther King Blvd in DC late at night and survive without at least being beaten and robbed.

I would not leave my house without a youth baseball bat.

Posts like that are why you are not someone I take seriously.

Posts like that are why you are not someone I take seriously.

Your laughable claim that you walk nonchalantly into urban alleyways in the middle of the night without fear is just as ridiculous.

Is that why no one lives in SF, LA, Seattle, DC, etc? Because they are so awful? Is that why Sandusky is such a bustling metropolis?

Your laughable claim that you walk nonchalantly into urban alleyways in the middle of the night without fear is just as ridiculous.

What is in the alleyway that I need? What? Do I live in a Batman comic? Jesus. You are a joke. Let's just throw you on ignore. I am tired of reading your trash.

Who would have thought in an election year the GOP would suddenly pivot to a heretofore unnoticed 'crime wave' in the 'inner cities'. What an enormous surprise.

I find it laughable how Republicans whip out the same tired garbage about them being tough on crime, democrats being weak. On top of the points that I made regarding dems plans to address the root cause of crime, republicans go with the same moronic failed shit. More police, more prison sentences, more locking people in jail in definitely withotu trial because they can't afford bail, and yet, crime rate doesn't go anywhere.

Also, the same people extending the pandemic, which is making people even more poor and desperate, also whine about payments to those out of work, etc. So its as typical with them, they do nothing but whine and finger point while the moronic policies they support fail.

But it does one thing they love, it locks away disproportionately people of color and poor people. But of course, as soon as they go to jail like the insurrectionists, they start whining about how tough prison is

And the Mad Lib position is the opposite; if you pat career criminals on the head, maybe they’ll scale down their violent gun battles and kill a few less innocent children.

Try to stay on topic, if you can even follow it.

Back
Top Bottom