• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox’s Peter Doocy Battles Jen Psaki in Tense Confrontation on Crime in America: Does Biden Know That ‘People Do Not Feel Safe?’

A million less guns by making guns illegal just means a million less guns in the hands of law abiding citizens while criminals are armed to the teeth. See Mexico.
That is a totally a false equivalency, Mexico's legal system is entirely corrupt. There are places in Mexico that are safe, but not many.

That is a totally a false equivalency, Mexico's legal system is entirely corrupt. There are places in Mexico that are safe, but not many.
That's for sure. Their vacation resorts aren't even safe.

I feel safe.

Maybe if conservatives turned off the perpetually running Haunted House for Old White People that is Fox News, they would feel safer.

Maybe Doocy is asking Biden to come to the houses of frightened conservatives in order to change the channel to Storage Wars.

Maybe if conservatives turned off the perpetually running Haunted House for Old White People that is Fox News, they would feel safer.

Maybe Doocy is asking Biden to come to the houses of frightened conservatives in order to change the channel to Storage Wars.
That is partisan nonsense. People don’t feel safe because of the new(ish) soft on crime approach adopted by progressive DAs. For example, the SA in Illinois who refuses to prosecute shootings in broad daylight.

That is partisan nonsense. People don’t feel safe because of the new(ish) soft on crime approach adopted by progressive DAs. For example, the SA in Illinois who refuses to prosecute shootings in broad daylight.

You are literally saying that the Fox-News-as-frightening-conservatives claim is partisan nonsense, and then to prove your point, you are mentioning a Fox News story that frightened you.

<<< Hopefully, Americans will send a clear message of disgust this November.
It's certainly possible. Americans did just that in early November/2020, even though the loser wouldn't accept the loss, opting to incite some of his useful idiots to perpetrate an insurrection, as he holed up in the safety White House 'after' he lied to those useful idiots about attending the insurrection with them at the U.S. Capitol.

You are literally saying that the Fox-News-as-frightening-conservatives claim is partisan nonsense, and then to prove your point, you are mentioning a Fox News story that frightened you.

It’s not a “Fox News story.” It’s a fact widely reported on.

When I realized that GOP policies were creating the hopeless conditions that gave rise to the the hopeless people that the GOP demonized, that's when I started my walk away from that party. Curiously it was someone on an internet forum who helped me wake up to this. Political forums aren't known for changing hearts and minds, other than to make them dig in deeper, but someone did help me see the light.
I would say you are 0ne in a million. Nice to hear..

Well to begin with, I would ask "Who doesn't feel safe?" Not to say plenty of individuals don't feel safe, some probably with good reason. However, to make a blanket statement with no references is really a vacuous "gotcha" statement, such as "people are saying".

Was that question concerning some ant-crime proposal or just one side hammering the other?

I am suspicious of politicians that see such issues as simple and easy. "Just do A and B and crime will go away". I daresay most wish it would be so easy.

Furthermore, did the reporter provide some information that showed people feel less safe now that say 18 months ago?

Unfortunately, a lot of crime is complex, not that easy to find one or two easy solutions. And politicians LOVE to find a scapegoat, history is full of such.

School shootings are inexcusable, and our nations inability to address this issue is reprehensible. The NRA seems to believe the solution is "more good guys with guns" but absolutely no gun safety regulations. I don't profess to have the answer but if we come to the table unwilling to even consider any idea that doesn't come from our side we're probably never going to get anywhere. I wish that all sides could come to the table open minded truly seeking a solution. Unfortunately, this isn't going to happen. If there would be one topic that I would hope we could address as a nation school shootings would be that topic.

Unfortunately, crime has always been here and isn't going away.

The Bozo Biden spoke positively about cashless bail around the time that habitual criminal asshole dude plowed into that Christmas parade. He also advocated for it during the Prez campaign. THEREFORE, asking him anything regarding crime, especially bail "reform", is very relevant.

Okay. So what authority does he have on the subject?

Typical right winger, make up a position no liberal takes.. Your trolling is really shitty, since I'm actually on topic and all you are not. You got nothing, no argument, no facts, nada, which is why all you have are moronic deflections

The facts are in the OP and you've said nothing to contradict the evidence that Biden has totally punted the problem of crime. That's the topic from which you've deflected.

And Mexico has extremely tough gun laws.

"Mexico’s constitution guarantees citizens’ right to own a handgun and hunting rifles for self-defense and sport. Legally getting your hands on one, however, requires clearing a series of bureaucratic hurdles far stricter than in the U.S. and, for many customers, traveling great distances to reach the country’s lone gun store."

Very straightforward reporting of today's argument HERE.

I have to hand it to Jen Psaki; she rattles off the company line with remarkable speed, even though I'm sure she rehearses a lot before doing the press conferences.

I would fault Doocy, however, in that asking for an accounting as to why "people do not feel safe" just gave Psaki the chance to ignore the question and to harp on gun control.

He should have asked her about whether or not Biden's past position on cashless bail has been in any way altered by the upsurge in crime.

Psaki attempted to spin Biden as a supporter of funding police. Whether or not Biden has done enough is something that could not have been covered in a press conference. And I suppose that if Doocy had complained about liberal judges and distinct attorneys, Psaki could have just claimed "that's the states' business; don't you conservatives think the states should chart their own courses?"

Still, maybe Doocy will stampede some lemmings into asking harder questions on the crime topic.
On Maslow‘s Hierarchy of Needs, safety is at the bottom of the hierarchy, Trumping everything above it. That’s why Republicans are pushing crime as an issue and laying it Biden’s feet, as if presidents, instead of local officials, are responsible.

What is ironic is that gun violence would be greatly reduced if Biden had is way on gun laws, that Republicans hold up.

I agree that we have way too many guns. That has nothing to do with answering the questions about why there are so many impoverished black males pulling the triggers and killing each other.

You see, it's not just democrats running these inner-city urban ghettoes, they are BLACK democrats. Look at Washington DC for example. Who has been in charge of the mayors office, city council, ward leaders, and police chiefs since the 60's?

A: Black democrats. They have been in control for over 50 years and they can't even stop the cycle of drugs-gangs-drive by shootings-prison-poverty-unwed pregnancy etc, etc.

These are the facts.
Doubling down on the blame game, now it's black democrats.

Answer me this, who's in charge of the states with the highest rates of violent crime, states with a high percentage of gun ownership, black democrats or white republicans? (I left DC out because it does not function as an independent state, Congress runs the city.)

Clipboard.jpg

Here are some figures to ponder from the justice department that breaks down who is killing who, by race - doesn't match the card you just tried to play.

Snap 2022-01-25 at 12.51.48.jpg

Answer me this, who's in charge of the states with the highest rates of violent crime, states with a high percentage of gun ownership, black democrats or white republicans? (I left DC out because it does not function as an independent state, Congress runs the city.)

View attachment 67371053

Here are some figures to ponder from the justice department that breaks down who is killing who, by race - doesn't match the card you just tried to play.

View attachment 67371054

Every single major city urban center on the east coast plus Chicago and Detroit is run by black democrats.

Prove me wrong.

Every single major city urban center on the east coast plus Chicago and Detroit is run by black democrats.

Prove me wrong.
Answer the quote you're responding to or go fish somewhere else.

Fox News has been running stories on increased crime since the Summer of Hate.
Fox News runs stories on crime whenever it's a slow day or a republican has a scandal. They don't count.

And what's the 'summer of hate?' Do conservatives have their own festivals now? I've never heard of it.

View attachment 67371053

View attachment 67371054
Divide the state into cities and it paints a different picture (Since Democrats are in control in most all the big cities)
Or continue the deflection. Up to you.

Divide the state into cities and it paints a different picture (Since Democrats are in control in most all the big cities)
Or continue the deflection. Up to you.
Not deflecting, just not responding to your dog whistling strawman.

Separating the cities from the rest of the country so you can paint the picture you want does not make for a credible argument.

Not deflecting, just not responding to your dog whistling strawman.

Separating the cities from the rest of the country so you can paint the picture you want does not make for a credible argument.
You tell me then, what do you think paints a more accurate picture in the attempt to assign blame?

State-wide results or city wide results?

The smaller the local the more accurate you could assign blame. This is a very easy concept.

Back
Top Bottom