• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forty-Four Republican Senators Demand Durham Report Be Made Public

The standard policy at the DOJ is to [Not Make Public] any investigations until and if there are indictments. So just chill out. If there are no indictments, there is nothing to see.

Of course there are always leaks, which are not supposed to happen. It seems Durham has done a good job keeping the investigation quiet up until now. One never knows, but after all this time, I am betting no indictments. The Carter Page FISA crap came out long ago and it seems that's all they found.

I do have one question. What ever happened to the massive law suit Carter Page promised to bring against the federal government? That was 4 years ago. Maybe he backed off because he really was a Russian operative.
The Mueller report was made public so why would this be any different?

Trump has lost the election over and over again since November. Do you really want to see another defeat? I would think if there are no indictments, Garland would be preventing the once again humiliation of Trump and his supporters. You should be grateful.

And I wouldn't push it. The DOJ has all the evidence they need to investigate the one time looser for tax evasion. I hope that they are.
This is the DOJ we're talking about.

If you really think they are threatening to prosecute anyone in retribution for releasing a report that makes them look bad... the whole bunch should be thrown out. Do you really think the corruption goes that far?

that lawsuit absolutely was...showed how insecure and immature he is....and btw....Carl...why do you suppose Trump didn't declassify the Durham report?
What lawsuit? Is it related to the Durham report being made public??

This is the DOJ we're talking about.

If you really think they are threatening to prosecute anyone in retribution for releasing a report that makes them look bad... the whole bunch should be thrown out. Do you really think the corruption goes that far?
That's not at all what I meant. NY has already indicted the Trump org on tax evasion. They have done all the leg work. if state tax code was broken, it stands to reason federal tax code was too. There is no logical reason the DOJ doesn't go after Trump.

That's not at all what I meant. NY has already indicted the Trump org on tax evasion. They have done all the leg work. if state tax code was broken, it stands to reason federal tax code was too. There is no logical reason the DOJ doesn't go after Trump.
It sure looked like what you said.

If members of the FBI behaved inappropriately, we should see that report, and feel confident that the appropriate corrective action was taken.

Whether someone may have committed a separate, and in this case, unrelated, crime - is irrelevant.

It sure looked like what you said.

If members of the FBI behaved inappropriately, we should see that report, and feel confident that the appropriate corrective action was taken.

Whether someone may have committed a separate, and in this case, unrelated, crime - is irrelevant.
You have to try and remember that anyone back in 2016 who was trying to prevent Trump from getting elected should get a medal. And as it turns out, even though they never found any direct crimes at the time, Trump turned out to be the most corrupt president in our history. Never has a president had so many people close to him get indicted and convicted. The man was a joke.

So you'll never convince me those who tried to prevent a Trump presidency were criminals. So release the report. I don't worry about stuff that isn't there. You're just hoping there is something there.

Since neither of us have any say whatsoever in the outcome of the report, we should probably stop arguing about it. It won't make any difference.

You have to try and remember that anyone back in 2016 who was trying to prevent Trump from getting elected should get a medal. And as it turns out, even though they never found any direct crimes at the time, Trump turned out to be the most corrupt president in our history. Never has a president had so many people close to him get indicted and convicted. The man was a joke.

So you'll never convince me those who tried to prevent a Trump presidency were criminals. So release the report. I don't worry about stuff that isn't there. You're just hoping there is something there.

Since neither of us have any say whatsoever in the outcome of the report, we should probably stop arguing about it. It won't make any difference.
Again - set any bad actions by Trump to the side. That's not the issue here.

I think there's little doubt, based on what has been released, that FBI agents acted inappropriately and unprofessionally. We should expect better.

Uhh, you went from "muh law enforcement" to randomly bringing up schools?
It's the unions who are destroying schools, not conservatives. The unions want to hold kids hostage, for pure self-interest.
They're greedy rapacious unprofessional crooks.
The current push to defund schools is being done by a few GOP governors who are trying to restrict those schools from enforcing rules for their students' and staff's health and safety.

doubtful that 44 repub senators want it released for nothing.
They want it released for political purposes, because they want something else to sell to the rubes to keep up support. Because if they don't constantly keep up the lies and misinformation, people will start to question the entire thing, all the lies and misinformation they have been fed. Whatever they can spin will work, even if it is just a couple of missed i's and t's that should have been caught.

They want it released for political purposes, because they want something else to sell to the rubes to keep up support. Because if they don't constantly keep up the lies and misinformation, people will start to question the entire thing, all the lies and misinformation they have been fed. Whatever they can spin will work, even if it is just a couple of missed i's and t's that should have been caught.
Then why is anyone opposing it's release? If it's just 'missed i's and t's' - then show that.

Then why is anyone opposing it's release? If it's just 'missed i's and t's' - then show that.
The spin prospect there is important. It is the same reason that it was good to oppose the "audit" in AZ because it is nothing more than trying to spin facts to push the lies.

Since this hasn't been released yet, even to Congress, then why should anyone be pushing for its release until they know what is in it? I don't support compromising other cases either for political BS.

The spin prospect there is important. It is the same reason that it was good to oppose the "audit" in AZ because it is nothing more than trying to spin facts to push the lies.

Since this hasn't been released yet, even to Congress, then why should anyone be pushing for its release until they know what is in it? I don't support compromising other cases either for political BS.
Because it's an audit and report on government misconduct. If you favor transparency - which is really important for good and effective government - you should push for it's release regardless of the findings.

No, they shouldn't compromise other cases. That's what redactions are for. Personally, I think this type of report should be structured like the Mueller report - Have a report you can release, and put any classified material in an appendix.

Because it's an audit and report on government misconduct. If you favor transparency - which is really important for good and effective government - you should push for it's release regardless of the findings.

No, they shouldn't compromise other cases. That's what redactions are for. Personally, I think this type of report should be structured like the Mueller report - Have a report you can release, and put any classified material in an appendix.
I favor all such reports going through a review process first. The government should not be transparent about everything because that is not rational, reasonable and can do harm.

Which means they have to actually review it first to find out what needs to be redacted.

But I also very much understand rightwing, Trump supporter spin. Even a small typo or error becomes evidence of corruption rather than human mistakes or one person, even in a small, low level position, doing wrong.

I favor all such reports going through a review process first. The government should not be transparent about everything because that is not rational, reasonable and can do harm.

Which means they have to actually review it first to find out what needs to be redacted.

But I also very much understand rightwing, Trump supporter spin. Even a small typo or error becomes evidence of corruption rather than human mistakes or one person, even in a small, low level position, doing wrong.
I'm not saying that 'everything' should be released. But this is a review of an important issue, and should be. Period. It's not 'spin'.

The current push to defund schools is being done by a few GOP governors who are trying to restrict those schools from enforcing rules for their students' and staff's health and safety.

The effect of the rules is to ruin the entire school experience for kids, In which case, what are those schools needed for, if parents want better alternatives?

Those schools are apparently a jobs program to keep those union members employed, and the kids are just an afterthought.

Schoolteachers likewise have no business indoctrinating their personal ideology into children.

The effect of the rules is to ruin the entire school experience for kids, In which case, what are those schools needed for, if parents want better alternatives?

Those schools are apparently a jobs program to keep those union members employed, and the kids are just an afterthought.

Schoolteachers likewise have no business indoctrinating their personal ideology into children.
No, the effect is to protect them from others and others from them. My kids are in school and doing just fine with the experience. In fact, their classmates were likely just saved from an outbreak of something besides covid this week because they went to school Monday and found out Tuesday they were sick with whatever I have/had since at least last Sat (we all tested negative for coronavirus). Likely, the masks wearing helped keep other kids from having to go through that, at least a couple.

I'm not saying that 'everything' should be released. But this is a review of an important issue, and should be. Period. It's not 'spin'.
It can be spun and will be. We've seen it happen over and over again. This entire "review" was partisan crap to begin with, looking for anything whatsoever to bring forward, regardless of how small to get back at the Dems.

No, the effect is to protect them from others and others from them. My kids are in school and doing just fine with the experience. In fact, their classmates were likely just saved from an outbreak of something besides covid this week because they went to school Monday and found out Tuesday they were sick with whatever I have/had since at least last Sat (we all tested negative for coronavirus). Likely, the masks wearing helped keep other kids from having to go through that, at least a couple.

And was your school being directly mentioned as part of some de-funding effort?

Back
Top Bottom