• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forty-Four Republican Senators Demand Durham Report Be Made Public

Yes and he is taking the hit for 20 years of failed policies in Afghanistan and he is glad to do it because it is the right thing for America. Yes Biden would have done a better job of withdrawing if it was up to him but a President lives with what his predecessor leaves him. You don't understand that? Biden did not surrender to the Taliban and let 5000 of them loose over a year ago did he? Do you think the Taliban will have them all report back to jail just because Biden did not want them released? They are abiding by the agreement the one term mistake made with them and Biden can't change that can he?
You seem to forget that Biden was Obama's VP for eight years while America was still in Afghanistan. Did he learn nothing?

You seem to forget that Biden was Obama's VP for eight years while America was still in Afghanistan. Did he learn nothing?
He learned that we would never win anything by staying there. He knew what a waste of men and resources it was.

He learned that we would never win anything by staying there. He knew what a waste of men and resources it was.
And so he decided to lose everything by leaving.

This is what the American people voted for and this is what they got. Happy now?

This is what the American people voted for and this is what they got. Happy now?
We win by admitting our failure and moving on. There is no other victory there than that. They did vote overwhelmingly for the man that promised to get us out of Afghanistan. Promises kept. Mr. One and done says he would have gone back in with a vengeance. We have had enough of that thank-you.

Yes and he is taking the hit for 20 years of failed policies in Afghanistan and he is glad to do it because it is the right thing for America. Yes Biden would have done a better job of withdrawing if it was up to him but a President lives with what his predecessor leaves him. You don't understand that? Biden did not surrender to the Taliban and let 5000 of them loose over a year ago did he? Do you think the Taliban will have them all report back to jail just because Biden did not want them released? They are abiding by the agreement the one term mistake made with them and Biden can't change that can he?
So the Puppet in Chief has no control over how we withdraw our troops from Afghanistan. Biden is helpless because we had a previous leader. Poor baby. Sounds to me like he isn't much of a leader. I think I will take Trump's failures over Biden's successes. Good God help us.

So the Puppet in Chief has no control over how we withdraw our troops from Afghanistan. Biden is helpless because we had a previous leader. Poor baby. Sounds to me like he isn't much of a leader. I think I will take Trump's failures over Biden's successes. Good God help us.
You must like failures a lot then and a good part of the chaos in Afghanistan has the one term mistake written all over it. The irony is that he actually helped Biden to get this debacle of a war over quick and far more bloodless (so far) than anyone could imagine. It actually helped that the Afghani's decided to have a peaceful transition of power after being so demoralized by Mr. One and dones agreement with the "enemy" that they surrendered to his chosen winner even before the battle began. He proved to the Afghani's that the Taliban could intimidate the U.S into releasing their prisoners and leader with literally nothing promised by them in return. They saw for the first time that the Taliban truly must have been chosen by God to lead Afghanistan after succeeding in such a feat against the "Great Satan". I wish them well and good luck. See ya. We have our own country to build.

Last edited:

Biden is helpless because he has no brain, and is just a figurehead on the throne, imagining he's an able leader. Now illusion meets cold hard reality -- and guess which one wins?

Biden is helpless because he has no brain, and is just a figurehead on the throne, imagining he's an able leader. Now illusion meets cold hard reality -- and guess which one wins?
Supporting links for your opinions?

Trump's approval rating craters in final days - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com › news › 2021/01/13 › trump...
Jan 13, 2021 — Tarnished by last week's riot at the Capitol, Donald Trump is ending his presidency with his lowest-ever poll numbers.

Isn't this thread about 44 RWE U.S Senators bitching about "a report" they don't know exists?

October 24, 2019
"...Justice Department officials have shifted an administrative review of the Russia investigation closely overseen by Attorney General William P. Barr to a criminal inquiry, according to two people familiar with the matter. The move gives the prosecutor running it, John H. Durham, the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to convene a grand jury and to file criminal charges.

The move also creates an unusual situation in which the Justice Department is conducting a criminal investigation into itself.

Mr. Barr’s reliance on Mr. Durham, a widely respected and veteran prosecutor who has investigated C.I.A. torture and broken up Mafia rings, could help insulate the attorney general from accusations that he is doing the president’s bidding and putting politics above justice.

It was not clear what potential crime Mr. Durham is investigating, nor when the criminal investigation was prompted. A Justice Department spokeswoman declined to comment.."

You must like failures a lot then and a good part of the chaos in Afghanistan has the one term mistake written all over it. The irony is that he actually helped Biden to get this debacle of a war over quick and far more bloodless (so far) than anyone could imagine. It actually helped that the Afghani's decided to have a peaceful transition of power after being so demoralized by Mr. One and dones agreement with the "enemy" that they surrendered to his chosen winner even before the battle began. He proved to the Afghani's that the Taliban could intimidate the U.S into releasing their prisoners and leader with literally nothing promised by them in return. They saw for the first time that the Taliban truly must have been chosen by God to lead Afghanistan after succeeding in such a feat against the "Great Satan". I wish them well and good luck. See ya. We have our own country to build.
We will never know how this would have turned out if Trump had handled it. We are sure just how bad a job Biden has done. His utter failure to handle the situation is his legacy. This is his doing and he deserves the credit for the debacle that is a direct result of his failure to accomplish the the task.

We will never know how this would have turned out if Trump had handled it. We are sure just how bad a job Biden has done. His utter failure to handle the situation is his legacy. This is his doing and he deserves the credit for the debacle that is a direct result of his failure to accomplish the the task.
So you think the one term mistake would have rescued 100,000 Afghans like Biden is doing? Nothing he could have done would have changed the situation for the better. The surrender to the Taliban he signed off on was a done deal. Biden has stated that he is willing to take the hit for withdrawing from Afghanistan because it was the right thing to do and I fully agree. His legacy will be that he was the 1st President of the last 3 to have the guts to do the right thing no matter how it effects him politically.

Links supporting your opinion? Trump boasted at a rally that he had boxed in the military and Biden. Trump shut down vetting of "those who helped us"?

Biden postponed the withdrawal once. Please state your opinion of alternative action Biden should have taken, knowing what was available to know when, say... the U.S. withdrew from the Bagram base?

Post links supporting how you go in with a heavier presence and at the same time withdraw, anytime before the Afghan defense and government collapsed?

Answers need to be made available to the public on the investigation into the Russia Hoax that was played on Trump and the American public

At first glance this strikes me as an empty statement - was anyone suggesting that it should not be made public?

I mean, unless there are questions about it's accuracy and such?
But if the report is made public, we should be able to see the methods used to reach the conclusions made, if any.

So you think the one term mistake would have rescued 100,000 Afghans like Biden is doing? Nothing he could have done would have changed the situation for the better. The surrender to the Taliban he signed off on was a done deal. Biden has stated that he is willing to take the hit for withdrawing from Afghanistan because it was the right thing to do and I fully agree. His legacy will be that he was the 1st President of the last 3 to have the guts to do the right thing no matter how it effects him politically.
1629945962000.png

I an not going to speculate what Trump might have done. I am looking at the fact of what Biden has done. What I see is a fiasco and utter failure. As usual the left blame everyone but the clown in chief who screwed it all up.

I an not going to speculate what Trump might have done. I am looking at the fact of what Biden has done. What I see is a fiasco and utter failure. As usual the left blame everyone but the clown in chief who screwed it all up.
Failure would mean we were still fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan after over 20 years without success . This is a withdrawal from a war we lost. I'm pretty sure that is not a celebration or a cakewalk. We are on track to get as many as 200,000 of our Afghani friends out before we leave the airport. How many more Afghani muslims would we need to evacuate to your town for you to call this withdrawal a success? 300,000? A million?

Ok Cult, you always have the same answer about "no collusion and no obstruction found" regarding the Mueller Report, and that Trump wasn't found guilty of anything supposedly, then please explain his reaction when he found out he was going to be investigated by Mueller:

Answers need to be made available to the public on the investigation into the Russia Hoax that was played on Trump and the American public

the attorney general should accept the durham report and then prepare his own message to the public describing what it said, while eliminating the incriminating parts and vastly misrepresenting the exculpatory portions to mislead the American public
then, after a protracted outcry to see the original document, it should be released to be read by the 74 people who remain interested in its actual content
in short, treat the durham report in a manner identical to the way the Mueller report was disseminated

Ok Cult, you always have the same answer about "no collusion and no obstruction found" regarding the Mueller Report, and that Trump wasn't found guilty of anything supposedly, then please explain his reaction when he found out he was going to be investigated by Mueller:

crickets. LOL!

Leaving was a bi-partisan effort: arranged by a Republican president, followed through by a Democratic president.

His approval rating is higher than Trump's ever was, so yes?

We are out of Afghanistan, finally. You are welcome. Biden did the thing Trump only flapped his mouth about. Sorry something to do with Afghanistan wasn't as pretty as you would have liked. That is sort of the entire reason we left.

In fact it is NATO in Afghanistan and people from other NATO countries are trapped behind the lines as well. This demented piece of crap you call President, as well as his incredibly stupid staff, is responsible for one of the worst, and easily avoidable, humanitarian crises in modern history.

The British were able to rescue 338,000 British and French soldiers from under the noses of the Nazis but the head of the world's Superpower, with all the technology at his disposal, couldn't even arrange to get NATO workers and volunteers from a bunch of 7th century goat lovers. And now they are giving him ultimatums! Did you vote for this guy?

It's not like they didn't know it was coming.

In fact it is NATO in Afghanistan and people from other NATO countries are trapped behind the lines as well. This demented piece of crap you call President, as well as his incredibly stupid staff, is responsible for one of the worst, and easily avoidable, humanitarian crises in modern history.

Ha. I don't think this would crack the top 100.

The British were able to rescue 338,000 British and French soldiers from under the noses of the Nazis but the head of the world's Superpower, with all the technology at his disposal, couldn't even arrange to get NATO workers and volunteers from a bunch of 7th century goat lovers. And now they are giving him ultimatums! Did you vote for this guy?

Any examples more recent than 80 years ago?

Also, the way you think about the Afghans and the Taliban are exactly why we not only lost, but never had a chance. They last 20 years and four presidents. They aren't medieval goat lovers regardless of how much you want to overestimate the US and underestimate them.

Back
Top Bottom