• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Keystone Pipeline worker says US energy crisis is result of Biden's policies: 'We tried to warn you'

Right, when your narrative is destroyed go back to the global issue blaming that for high prices and economic results. We aren't as dependent on the global economy as you want to believe
The price of oil is influenced by global economic dynamics that are largely beyond the control of any US President. And that's a fact. If you don't like what the facts are then that's too bad. Do you realize that the pipeline was only about 8% complete when Biden withdrew the US from the project. So with years of construction still ahead and the high likelihood of multiple legal challenges to it even if it hadn't been cancelled it doesn't really require that much brain power to figure out that a pipeline that doesn't presently exist and would not come into existence for several years still would be of absolutely no use to us or anyone else in the current situation. Besides that amount of Canadian oil can be easily transported via the methods of transport already in use. You need to get better sources of information.

Maybe you can answer the question I keep asking not getting answered.. Since that oil on federal lands is now much more valuable, shouldn't we raise the price on permits to drill on federal lands?
I'm still waiting to hear why we should be issuing more permits if oil companies still have some that have not been used.
:)

Green energy is going to happen. You guys can participate in developing it now or buy it from someone else later. Up to you.
I can hear What's going to happen in 5 or 10 years, "Why does America have to buy all this technology from Europe and Asia? Why didn't the Dems do something back then to encourage American innovation?"
It very well could but in the meantime people depend on fossil fuel and what is the Biden policies on fossil fuel? doubt seriously that anyone is going to clamor for European technology unless Biden destroys the profit incentive in this country.

Of course it isn't your problem as you sit comfortably in your basement ignoring the pain of the people the left claims they want to help. your total ignorance of the private sector, the cost of doing business with liberal rules and regulations is stunning. Any idea how much taxes you pay on a gallon of gasoline in Canada and what expense does the gov't of Canada have in stations, refineries, and plants?
What the Sam Hill does this mean?
Of course I know how much the price of gas is taxes. Governments need revenue and taxes are how they get it. If they cut the taxes off gas then yeah, gas will be cheaper but that lost revenue will have to be made up elsewhere. Right? Where do you want to pay more taxes to replace the gas tax?

It very well could but in the meantime people depend on fossil fuel and what is the Biden policies on fossil fuel? doubt seriously that anyone is going to clamor for European technology unless Biden destroys the profit incentive in this country.
The Biden policy is illustrated in that link I posted. 34% more drilling permits released than Trump.
What the hell do you want? And if you don' develop your own technology of course you'll have to buy it elsewhere.

Maybe you can answer the question I keep asking not getting answered.. Since that oil on federal lands is now much more valuable, shouldn't we raise the price on permits to drill on federal lands?
Until there is exploration there is clue how valuable that land is. What costs do the Gov't have on those federal lands that companies drill on? It does seem that people like you are clueless when it comes to value, Federal, state, and local taxes on gasoline are outrageous compared to the profit an oil company makes on a gallon of gasoline. It does seem all those liberal idiots out there have no understand as to the costs of exploring, drilling, refining, storing, and delivering products. The oil business has huge dollars because of the price of crude oil but the return is very small. Why don't you explore the costs oil companies have to pay for those expenses and what the actual profit per gallon is?

The price of oil is influenced by global economic dynamics that are largely beyond the control of any US President. And that's a fact. If you don't like what the facts are then that's too bad. Do you realize that the pipeline was only about 8% complete when Biden withdrew the US from the project. So with years of construction still ahead and the high likelihood of multiple legal challenges to it even if it hadn't been cancelled it doesn't really require that much brain power to figure out that a pipeline that doesn't presently exist and would not come into existence for several years still would be of absolutely no use to us or anyone else in the current situation. Besides that amount of Canadian oil can be easily transported via the methods of transport already in use. You need to get better sources of information.

Global economic dynamics.....

What the Sam Hill does this mean?
Of course I know how much the price of gas is taxes. Governments need revenue and taxes are how they get it. If they cut the taxes off gas then yeah, gas will be cheaper but that lost revenue will have to be made up elsewhere. Right? Where do you want to pay more taxes to replace the gas tax?
Very simple, Canadian has tax on gasoline to cover what expenses?

Until there is exploration there is clue how valuable that land is. What costs do the Gov't have on those federal lands that companies drill on? It does seem that people like you are clueless when it comes to value, Federal, state, and local taxes on gasoline are outrageous compared to the profit an oil company makes on a gallon of gasoline. It does seem all those liberal idiots out there have no understand as to the costs of exploring, drilling, refining, storing, and delivering products. The oil business has huge dollars because of the price of crude oil but the return is very small. Why don't you explore the costs oil companies have to pay for those expenses and what the actual profit per gallon is?

LOL... So you really don't want to run government like a business? What does a business do when their product becomes more valuable?

Very simple, Canadian has tax on gasoline to cover what expenses?
Ohfer****sakes. Do you think I'm going to track down all the federal, provincial and city taxes at the pump and follow where they go?
What a stupid thing to ask for.

LOL... So you really don't want to run government like a business? What does a business do when their product becomes more valuable?
Asked you a very simple question, what expenses does your government have in the petroleum industry? What taxes does your gov't collect on a GALLON of gasoline not a liter?

The Biden policy is illustrated in that link I posted. 34% more drilling permits released than Trump.
What the hell do you want? And if you don' develop your own technology of course you'll have to buy it elsewhere.
Yep. Precisely the point I made in post #125 in regards to China's efforts in green energy technology. It would be a laughable failure for the US to miss the opportunity in being a leader in this area, and instead be stuck in the same position it's in with fossil fuels. That would be a "leading from behind moment" if there ever was one.

Ohfer****sakes. Do you think I'm going to track down all the federal, provincial and city taxes at the pump and follow where they go?
No, let me help you

Your federal tax is .10/LITER or about 38 cents a gallon

Then there is province taxes of around 14 cents/LITER or .54 cents per gallon

Want me to contineu?

DO IT!!!

Bring us that glorious CSV file so we can drown in data!
🤓

Asked you a very simple question, what expenses does your government have in the petroleum industry? What taxes does your gov't collect on a GALLON of gasoline not a liter?

Are you sure you have a background in business? The expense of a product is just ONE factor in determining price. The VALUE to the buyer is the most important factor.. Good lord...

Yep. Precisely the point I made in post #125 in regards to China's efforts in green energy technology. It would be a laughable failure for the US to miss the opportunity in being a leader in this area, and instead be stuck in the same position it's in with fossil fuels. That would be a "leading from behind moment" if there ever was one.
So tell us how much an electric car costs today and what you do in the meantime before converting to Green energy and lower cost vehicles

Are you sure you have a background in business? The expense of a product is just ONE factor in determining price. The VALUE to the buyer is the most important factor.. Good lord...
Amazing how little you know about the true cost of gasoline, the taxes paid on gasoline, the cost of electric cars to the public, the problems with electric cars in the public but all is rosy in the liberal utopian world

Millions of tried to warn people in this country of that empty suit Biden and the pending disaster that will hit this country but hatred of Trump, leftwing propaganda prevailed and we are all now paying the price
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Man with hammer sees everything as nail!

No, let me help you

Your federal tax is .10/LITER or about 38 cents a gallon

Then there is province taxes of around 14 cents/LITER or .54 cents per gallon

Want me to contineu?

Then there's the city tax. Usually earmarked for public transit.
Are you really asking me to tell you what the federal and provincial governments spend that money on? Is that what this clumsy phrase, "Canadian has tax on gasoline to cover what expenses?" is asking for?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Man with hammer sees everything as nail!
As I recall Trump got 74 MILLION votes so yes there were MILLIONS and your ideology is trying to destroy the private sector for your own selfish reasons

Then there's the city tax. Usually earmarked for public transport.
Are you really asking me to tell you what the federal and provincial governments that money on? Is that what this clumsy phrase, "Canadian has tax on gasoline to cover what expenses?" is asking for?
That is the point, you really have no idea what taxes you pay or their purpose but have no problem telling people in this country how to make things better. you have healthcare paid for by all those high taxes that we don't have in this country. It really is time to be honest with the American people telling them that liberal social programs aren't free and are funded by high taxes. Think that is going to go over well here?

We have seen the hatred in this country from blue states when Trump capped the high state and local taxes of their federal return showing that true selfishness and ignorance of the left. For some reason the left wants to ignore the cost of liberalism but reducing federal tax deductions hit them right between the eyes so what did they do and continue to do, ATTACK TRUMP.

Americans have an opportunity to change their state anytime they want or to move to the utopia states of California and NY, the two states that gave Biden the entire popular vote win but choose instead to leave those state and move to lower cost of living states. It is about time you and other foreigners in this thread understood the true cost of what you are proposing and actually what you are paying, post 140 starts at over .90 per gallon

Back
Top Bottom