• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those who think conservatism is losing it's appeal...

That's right...if black people don't show up it's something wrong with the blacks, not with the message. :roll:

And let's expose a couple myths right now:

1) That the Constitution is somehow infallible and the end-all be-all of sound political philosophy
2) That there's only one right way to interpret the Constitution, and
3) That conservatives actually adhere to the Constitution more closely than anyone else on the political spectrum.

Last edited:
Yes, I think this is exactly why the Republican party has trouble attracting any sort of non white voters. It aint the phone, it is the racism. This post asserts black people have a character flaw, they want things for free. I was going to pretend another conservative racist post wasnt racist, but this one is straight up racist. How am I wrong?
We think they should pay for their own phones. ;)

That's right...if black people don't show up it's something wrong with the blacks, not with the message. :roll:

I never said that... Since his book is about preserving the constitution and the founders intent, maybe most black people are opposed to that... You tell me?

And let's give expose a couple myths right now:

1) That the Constitution is somehow infallible and the end-all be-all of sound political philosophy
2) That there's only one right way to interpret the Constitution, and
3) That conservatives actually adhere to the Constitution more closely than anyone else on the political spectrum.

1) It's not infallable, but it's better than anything else that any other government has come up with.
2) That's correct... Based on the intent of those who wrote it.
3) That's correct.

Asa truly small-government conservative, the thing that pisses me off most is how small-government politics are co-opted by racists. I fight tooth and nail to oppose racism because the perception of racism is what ****s up the legitimacy of the small government position. Saying stupid **** like "Blacks are brainwashed" ignores the obvious reality that in the past, state's rights and small-government positions were merely tools being exploited by racists and bigots to achieve their ultimate goal of racial subjugation (slavery, anti-civil-rights, segregation, etc).

Maybe, just MAYBE, if those of us who support small-government, I don't know, acknowledged that ****ing reality, and demonstrated an understanding of why black people and other minorities MIGHT be reticent to buy into the small-government mantra because of how often it has been used historically to undermine their rights as people, maybe e can start winning their hearts and minds. But as long as stupid ass bull**** like "Blacks just hate the constitution" and "Blacks have been brainwashed" is the lie that small-government conservatives keep telling themselves, minorities will have no interest in supporting these positions.

To me, the greatest enemy of small-government are those who claim to support it while harboring racial animosity.

It aint the phone, it is the racism.

The phony race card crap again.... The card that just keeps on giving... lmao

This post asserts black people have a character flaw, they want things for free.

He was being sarcastic... The smily should have made that clear.

I was going to pretend another conservative racist post wasnt racist, but this one is straight up racist.

You are full of crap.

How am I wrong?

Because no racism exists in this thread.

Asa truly small-government conservative, the thing that pisses me off most is how small-government politics are co-opted by racists. I fight tooth and nail to oppose racism because the perception of racism is what ****s up the legitimacy of the small government position. Saying stupid **** like "Blacks are brainwashed" ignores the obvious reality that in the past, state's rights and small-government positions were merely tools being exploited by racists and bigots to achieve their ultimate goal of racial subjugation (slavery, anti-civil-rights, segregation, etc).

Maybe, just MAYBE, if those of us who support small-government, I don't know, acknowledged that ****ing reality, and demonstrated an understanding of why black people and other minorities MIGHT be reticent to buy into the small-government mantra because of how often it has been used historically to undermine their rights as people, maybe e can start winning their hearts and minds. But as long as stupid ass bull**** like "Blacks just hate the constitution" and "Blacks have been brainwashed" is the lie that small-government conservatives keep telling themselves, minorities will have no interest in supporting these positions.

To me, the greatest enemy of small-government are those who claim to support it while harboring racial animosity.

I'm not a supporter of small government in and of itself but I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly.

If this is not a racist statement, what is?
We think they should pay for their own phones. ;)

The phony race card crap again.... The card that just keeps on giving... lmao

He was being sarcastic... The smily should have made that clear.

You are full of crap.

Because no racism exists in this thread.

1) It's not infallable, but it's better than anything else that any other government has come up with.

Switzerland's confederacy is far better, IMO.

2) That's correct... Based on the intent of those who wrote it.

Which ones? There was a whole lot of disagreement back then. We have a Hamiltonian society right now, where the federal authority is supreme and state authority is inferior.

A Jeffersonian/Madisonian perspective was a dual confederacy (like that of Switzerland). Which founders are you on board with? The Marshall court, perhaps? The first "judicial activists" to legislate from the bench?

Actually if he did not mean it I did not get it.
It isn't racist, it's sarcastic... But that doesn't mean squat to people like yourself.

Switzerland's confederacy is far better, IMO.

Then you should be making travel plans to leave this 2nd rate country.

Which ones? There was a whole lot of disagreement back then. We have a Hamiltonian society right now, where the federal authority is supreme and state authority is inferior.

Disagreement does not change the intent of the document.

A Jeffersonian/Madisonian perspective was a dual confederacy (like that of Switzerland). Which founders are you on board with? The Marshall court, perhaps? The first "judicial activists" to legislate from the bench?

And that was not adopted.

So explain it to me, why does the RW have such a hard time attracting nonwhite voters?

Then you should be making travel plans to leave this 2nd rate country.

Why? Just because I believe their system of government is superior doesn't mean they are a superior country.

Disagreement does not change the intent of the document.

disagreement on the intent of the document most certainly affects the intent of the document.

Hamilton: the document granted supreme authority to the federal government

Jefferson: No it didn't.

Who's right?

And that was not adopted.

What are you talking about? There was nothing in that statement that could have been "adopted".

So explain it to me, why does the RW have such a hard time attracting nonwhite voters?

You tell me... The right no more stands for racism than the left does, so it must have something to do with what each is offering.

Well you know what I think. What do you think?
You tell me... The right no more stands for racism than the left does, so it must have something to do with what each is offering.

If this is not a racist statement, what is?
Give - me - a - break. Does nobody recognize sarcasm anymore???

I'm sick of the intellectually lazy, puerile "that's racist!" crap.

The only racists in this country today are those running around chanting and caterwalling "racist!" everytime they think they see something they don't like.

It's pure P.C. inanity, cultural marxist nonsense.

Unbelievable.... :doh

I did not get it. Sorry.
Actually if he did not mean it I did not get it.

Give - me - a - break. Does nobody recognize sarcasm anymore???

I'm sick of the intellectually lazy, puerile "that's racist!" crap.

The only racists in this country today are those running around chanting and caterwalling "racist!" everytime they think they see something they don't like.

It's pure P.C. inanity, cultural marxist nonsense.

Unbelievable.... :doh

Now why do you really think there are so few black republicans?
It's a paradox. Given the Democrat party has for the longest time done everything in its power to suppress blacks and hold them down, while Republicans have been the ones who emancipated them and done everything in our power to give them the rights they deserve. I don't have an answer for that. It doesn't make any sense that blacks have an iota of devotion to the Democrat party. Not any sense at all.

It's a paradox. Given the Democrat party has for the longest time done everything in its power to suppress blacks and hold them down, while Republicans have been the ones who emancipated them and done everything in our power to give them the rights they deserve. I don't have an answer for that. It doesn't make any sense that blacks have an iota of devotion to the Democrat party. Not any sense at all.

Back then, the parties held opposite beliefs about the role of government. The democrats were in favor of smaller federal authority (ergo the confederacy), the republicans wanted federal supremacy (ergo the union). Today, it's reversed.

Back
Top Bottom