• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First question

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
What is Biden going to do about the national debt???

See, I told you folks. But you already guessed it: the moment a D is in, they suddenly pretend to care about debt.

Trump had us borrowing over a trillion a year in the great economy Obama handed him just to fund his and Bush's tax cuts. That was fine. It's also fine that he oversaw the most massive increase in debt in history by far.

Now it's all Biden's fault and personal responsibility to clean up. Oh, but Biden better not suggest raising taxes back to where they were so we can actually afford what we spend, oh no, because they'll bitch about that, too. The solution is clearly to get rid of the safety net. Which of course they would also complain about because guess how many red staters need all these programs the people they vote for want to quash.

It'd be hilarious if I didn't have to actually live through this.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful post to highlight Trumpism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done.

See, I told you folks. But you already guessed it: the moment a D is in, they suddenly pretend to care about debt.

Trump had us borrowing over a trillion a year in the great economy Obama handed him just to fund his and Bush's tax cuts. That was fine. It's also fine that he oversaw the most massive increase in debt in history by far.

Now it's all Biden's fault and personal responsibility to clean up. Oh, but Biden better not suggest raising taxes back to where they were so we can actually afford what we spend, oh no, because they'll bitch about that, too. The solution is clearly to get rid of the safety net. Which of course they would also complain about because guess how many red staters need all these programs the people they vote for want to quash.

Some people have cared about it for a long time, but here you go with your middle school gymnastics right on que.

I told you folks. But you already guessed it: the moment a D is in, they suddenly pretend to care about debt.

You told us? LOL, was there someone that did not know this that needed telling?
Not likely.

Maybe he should focusing on vaccine distribution and stopping the 4000 deaths that are occurring everyday because of this virus. The debt and economy can't be fixed without fixing the virus.

Exactly. For starts we need to roll back taxes to the pre Ray-Gun level.
Next we need to pass an amendment forbidding any new programs until the budget is balanced.

The Constitution of Virginia requires a balanced annual budget.

The Fed's should operate the same way.

Explode it another ten trillion or so. :cool:
A Demo House and a Dem Senate - no adult supervise at all. Obama’s first term all over.

As long as they "keep their goddamned government hands off my Medicare!"

🤣

The Constitution of Virginia requires a balanced annual budget.

The Fed's should operate the same way.

Making it a legal requirement to have a balanced budget is a hamfisted and unnecessary policy that falsely assumes all borrowing is inherently bad.

We can balance a budget, when times are good. We should do that.

Are you willing to significantly sacrifice military spending to get there?

Some people have cared about it for a long time, but here you go with your middle school gymnastics right on que.
When have you cared about it for a long time. Was it the last time A dem was in control, you bet. Maybe we can sut the debt by reducing retirement payments for the military? Is that okay with you . It would help reduce the deficit. And just so you now, I come from a military family and am a Vet myself.

The OP indeed is rather hilarious almost as if on cue. Then again it does such a good job of highlighting the irony that I wonder if Logical1 actually is a left-leaning Democrat hiding in plain sight. After all, it's not possible to highlight GOP hypocrisy more strongly than the OP.

In any case, the deficit is an important issue and while the previous Administration more or less completely ignored it, I hope the current one will take a stab at reining it in. I'd like to see a soft goal of perhaps keeping 2021 flat to 2020, and 2022 flat to 2019. The current trend is not sustainable and once again it will fall to a Democrat in the White House to bring us back from the precipice.

Back
Top Bottom