• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First exit polls show Herzog and Netanyahu with 27-28 mandates each

what is the economic interest of the USA to potentially see 4 to 15% of global oil production knocked offline?

No Arab oil embargoes are likely. If anything, right now, there is a tremendous oversupply of oil on the world market with oil trading just under $43 per barrel this morning.

what is the economic interest of the USA to potentially see 4 to 15% of global oil production knocked offline?

You didn't recall the left talking about how it is all global did you? So with that play.....concept flows down like that trickle stuff. Right back to the original source. What happens?

No Arab oil embargoes are likely. If anything, right now, there is a tremendous oversupply of oil on the world market with oil trading just under $43 per barrel this morning.

has nothing to do with embargo, has to do with making the region , and hence 2-3 of the world's largest producers, uninhabitable for a few millenia.

further, the fact that you don't realize the oversupply is the result of an acceptable loss for gain of political feud, not a real consequence of market factors and *real* supply availability....... is frightening.

Just a few thoughts.

Regarding Netanyahu - Democracy and the people have spoken and he is clearly the popular choice. Let that be a lesson to the Palestinian Leadership of the correct way to do things in a civil and peaceful manner. Elections there are way overdue.

American media outlets and citizens should be mocked for their Partisan nonsense. They scream anti-semite like it's going out of fashion when someone dares be critical of Israels POLICIES but in the same breath they say the most despicable things about their own President. Clearly they are Anti American right? (If you're dumb enough to use their logic.)

Netanyahus claim that "he will never establish a Palestinian State" isn't as newsworthy as some are making it. Basically all that comment has done is fulfilled many peoples suspicions that he was never really serious about peace negotiations to begin with. A sentiment that even some of the staunchest Pro Israel supporters here have voiced previously.

Hello Settlement expansion in occupied West Bank. There's no stopping him now. You aint seen nothing yet.

Regarding your last point; I believe that Netanyahu is going to play the moderate role during this term seeing how his predicted coalition is a purely right-wing coalition. He needs to balance it somehow as he cannot allow his government to be completely hijacked by radical elements from one side of the political map.

neither are you, so why should anyone care about your objection to his objection?

A) How do you know? B) I didn't start mumbling about what I'd be doing if I were the President.

has nothing to do with embargo, has to do with making the region , and hence 2-3 of the world's largest producers, uninhabitable for a few millenia.

further, the fact that you don't realize the oversupply is the result of an acceptable loss for gain of political feud, not a real consequence of market factors and *real* supply availability....... is frightening.

Now just how is the region going to become Uninhabitable for a few millennia? Is there something you have that says this is a definite outcome for this region of the planet?

I'm not advocating war. If Iran doesn't reach an agreement with strict verification, sanctions should be ramped up.

Moreover, even those who have argued for military action have not advocated using nuclear weapons, much less in 2 or 3 countries. At least what I've seen deals with limited air strikes and possible use of special forces. Personally, I don't think we're at the point where military action is necessary, so I don't expect it at least through this year.

I'm not advocating war. If Iran doesn't reach an agreement with strict verification, sanctions should be ramped up.

Moreover, even those who have argued for military action have not advocated using nuclear weapons, much less in 2 or 3 countries. At least what I've seen deals with limited air strikes and possible use of special forces. Personally, I don't think we're at the point where military action is necessary, so I don't expect it at least through this year.

The issue isn't whether "we" (your profile, New York) think it's necessary. Israel just elected someone who - from all rational observations of his comments-- thinks it is.

Can someone explain to me how he could have declared victory, even celebrated, before the results were confirmed? I had a very uneasy feeling about that, but will be convinced that everything went kosher if presented with a plausible explanation.

Because even according to the exit polls when he was in a tie with Herzog he knew that he has a much bigger chance to form a coalition than Herzog does since the right-wing block is larger than the center-left one. For Netanyahu to lose the elections Herzog had to win by a mile (4-5 seats at least), which he didn't. Eventually he lost by a mile.

First, even if Likud had wound up with a few seats less than the Zionist Union alliance, the composition of the rest of the Knesset might have allowed the Prime Minister to form the government. The initial exit polls showed an even number of seats.

Second, like most major campaigns, Likud probably had internal polling data and the early results probably validated that data giving the campaign confidence that it had prevailed.

Thank you.

Because Netanyahu is a racist, destructive, fear-mongering piece of **** whose behavior is both disrespectful to the United States and ultimately against U.S. interests. If I were President, I would cut all financial and political ties to Israel w/in a year.

So exhibit A on why you would make a terrible president.

Thank you

Because Netanyahu is a racist, destructive, fear-mongering piece of **** whose behavior is both disrespectful to the United States and ultimately against U.S. interests. If I were President, I would cut all financial and political ties to Israel w/in a year.

Lol, tell us how you really feel.
I do agree with you about financial ties, but for other reasons. Financial assistance has either too many strings attached, or not enough, depending on recipient country.

Well, as a soon to be massive oil producer (if prices don't stay in the tank), the US interest will soon be to have supply restricted...

The issue isn't whether "we" (your profile, New York) think it's necessary. Israel just elected someone who - from all rational observations of his comments-- thinks it is.

I have seen no indications that Israel would use nuclear weapons against Iran or any other country.

Mornin LB.
hat.gif
Pretty much in a nutshell. The tie would give him the win.

As he would have the backing of other coalitions.

Good morning, MMC. :2wave:

What I found particularly interesting was the news that the small Kulanu party, which only has 10 seats, seems to be the most important group at the moment - for both sides! Fascinating! They're interested in the "bread and butter" issues that affect the people directly, and Netanyahu is expected to name their leader, Kahlon, as Finance Minister. Shrewd thinking!

I'm not going to be on here much in the coming days as I'm dealing with the after-effects of a badly flooded basement due to sump pump failure on March 15. We had at least six inches of water covering everything, and more was coming in before we got the water pumped back outside where it belonged which required a quick trip to Home Depot to buy said pump; blah blah blah. The insurance adjuster has been here to look at damage, so now I'm getting work crews lined up; waterlogged carpet has to be taken up from all the rooms that were carpeted and dumped in the dumpster that's been ordered; at least 75 sheets of drywall and paneling torn down and replaced in all the rooms; I have to go through boxes of stuff that were on the floor in the storage room to see what can be salvaged; plus all the floors have to be washed with bleach water first before anything else gets done. And that's just the beginning, since my son has gently informed me that I've got months of having workers coming in and out before everything is back to normal around here. AAARGH! :shock:

I have seen the same DS. :2wave: There is no call or any advocating for the use for Nukes. Certainly not even the Iranians themselves would want this to happen. Nor the Saud. So it won't!

The usual hypothetical thrown in.....huh?

Good morning, MMC. :2wave:

What I found particularly interesting was the news that the small Kulanu party, which only has 10 seats, seems to be the most important group at the moment - for both sides! Fascinating! They're interested in the "bread and butter" issues that affect the people directly, and Netanyahu is expected to name their leader, Kahlon, as Finance Minister. Shrewd thinking!

I'm not going to be on here much in the coming days as I'm dealing with the after-effects of a badly flooded basement due to sump pump failure on March 15. We had at least six inches of water covering everything, and more was coming in before we got the water pumped back outside where it belonged which required a quick trip to Home Depot to buy said pump; blah blah blah. The insurance adjuster has been here to look at damage, so now I'm getting work crews lined up; waterlogged carpet has to be taken up from all the rooms that were carpeted and dumped in the dumpster that's been ordered; at least 75 sheets of drywall and paneling torn down and replaced in all the rooms; I have to go through boxes of stuff that were on the floor in the storage room to see what can be salvaged; plus all the floors have to be washed with bleach water first before anything else gets done. And that's just the beginning, since my son has gently informed me that I've got months of having workers coming in and out before everything is back to normal around here. AAARGH! :shock:

Mornin Lady P.
hat.gif
Yep.....that's what I had heard with Kahlon. He was with the Likud. Netanyahu does have to watch how much he tears apart Bennet. As who else will they have as a leader after Bibi?

So much for Obama sending operatives to meddle in the elections of an ally.

Back
Top Bottom