• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fifty seven percent

If Biden wins, you'll never hear about the kung flu again.

Biden most likely will never become President. If he wins we get Harris. About as far left as anyone in Congress. Next up is Pelosi. Those of you voting for Biden think about that.

Biden most likely will never become President. If he wins we get Harris. About as far left as anyone in Congress. Next up is Pelosi. Those of you voting for Biden think about that.

Was that intended to be a warning to Democrats?

You can't think what you want. The death toll is unavoidable until there's a vaccine. Even then, there will still be kung flu deaths.

The idea that the government could have kept the death toll at zero is the most idiotic thing the Left has ever come up with. And that's saying something...lol

Another straw man. I don't hear anybody claiming the government could have kept the death toll at zero. Why post such crap?

You want to blame the early federal response to COVID on being "surprised" by the virus, OK I can squint my eyes and almost buy that one. But the summer surge of the virus is all on Donnie Boy. You want me to buy that the COVID attack was a surprise in Feb and March? OK, I will play along. But by not having built up the bulwarks sufficiently or at all by May, clearly Donnies responsibility, he literally compelled the summer surge. Heck if I was religious enough to believe it I might claim that Trump invoked it from a mountain top.

You can't think what you want. The death toll is unavoidable until there's a vaccine. Even then, there will still be kung flu deaths.

The idea that the government could have kept the death toll at zero is the most idiotic thing the Left has ever come up with. And that's saying something...lol

We can look around the world for examples of competent leadership and estimate what our own death toll would have been.

Under Angela Merkel, Germany has had 9337 deaths. Using an appropriate comparison for different populations, that means that if Merkel (or, say, Hillary Clinton) had been in charge here, 36,911 people would have died. Horrific to be sure, but a hell of a lot less awful than 181,000. That means that the deaths of at least 144,000 people are on Trump's hands.

And since Republicans have absolutely no discernible morals whatsoever, we can well imagine how Republicans would have acted if 36,911 had died under a President Hillary Clinton. Far from agreeing that 36,911 dead Americans was "acceptable," they would be calling for her impeachment every day.

We can look around the world for examples of competent leadership and estimate what our own death toll would have been.

Under Angela Merkel, Germany has had 9337 deaths. Using an appropriate comparison for different populations, that means that if Merkel (or, say, Hillary Clinton) had been in charge here, 36,911 people would have died. Horrific to be sure, but a hell of a lot less awful than 181,000. That means that the deaths of at least 144,000 people are on Trump's hands.

And since Republicans have absolutely no discernible morals whatsoever, we can well imagine how Republicans would have acted if 36,911 had died under a President Hillary Clinton. Far from agreeing that 36,911 dead Americans was "acceptable," they would be calling for her impeachment every day.

Germany only has 83 million people. We have 350 million.

Also, Germany's numbers are climbing.

Coronavirus: German officials 'very concerned' by rising cases - BBC News

Why do y'all lie? :lamo

Another straw man. I don't hear anybody claiming the government could have kept the death toll at zero. Why post such crap?

You want to blame the early federal response to COVID on being "surprised" by the virus, OK I can squint my eyes and almost buy that one. But the summer surge of the virus is all on Donnie Boy. You want me to buy that the COVID attack was a surprise in Feb and March? OK, I will play along. But by not having built up the bulwarks sufficiently or at all by May, clearly Donnies responsibility, he literally compelled the summer surge. Heck if I was religious enough to believe it I might claim that Trump invoked it from a mountain top.

What is an acceptable tally, to you?

What contribution did you make to slow the spread?

Stupid question. You are getting desperate aren't you!

Hey I should just assign this response to a macro. I suspect I will be using it more and more as we get closer to Nov 3rd.

That's the percentage of republicans who think the death toll from covid in america is acceptable.

Think about this, not even ten percent of our population has been infected. What if that number jumps to thirty percent? Would the death toll still be acceptable to republicans?

And now the right wants your kids to go back to school. Heartwarming no?

As usual, this characterization of the poll is highly misleading.

First of all, it was 57% of respondents who identified as "conservative" that answered "acceptable" to that question, not 57% of those who identified as Republican. And only 35% of the poll respondents identified as "conservative."

Second, the question actually asked was "In evaluating the U.S. efforts against the coronavirus pandemic, do you consider the number of U.S. fatalities from coronavirus so far to be..."

While it's impossible to figure out WTF that even means, it's at least rational to interpret the question as having to do with whether the strictness of our lock downs and other measures was reasonable in light of the death toll (also keeping in mind that more than half of the deaths happened before a lot of states started reopening), but without applying 20/20 hindsight. It certainly not asking, in a vacuum, whether 170k dead is "acceptable" all by itself.

So flip flopping on mask wearing a bunch of times, no human to human transmission has occurred, it’s safe etc etc .. you give them a gold star but blame Trump Roflmao ... seriously that is just nonsensical.. the bug was likely spreading in the US before anyone knew

Scientists and medical professionals follow the facts as they know them at the time. As what they know changes, so can their actions.

If you are defending Trump, perhaps you can present the information which caused him to tell the nation about injecting harmful cleansers into the body?

And when you finish with that, perhaps you can tell us why a mask was urged for the nation but Trump said it was not for him?

How high are you hoping it will get?

I myself yield to Trump's expertise with the miracles he's been citing.

And Lysol.

Which is why I go with what the scientists and medical professionals say that ain't pretty but neither is Trump pretty unless we're talking pretty awful as in abysmal. The worst part about Trump is that he may be doing this with malice.

Indeed.

Once it got outside the cities it blew up in his orange face.

The Right knows this.

Hey I should just assign this response to a macro. I suspect I will be using it more and more as we get closer to Nov 3rd.

IOW, you were waiting around for the government to bail you out.

You say you didn't expect zero deaths. There has to be a number you would accept. What is it?

That's the percentage of republicans who think the death toll from covid in america is acceptable.

Think about this, not even ten percent of our population has been infected. What if that number jumps to thirty percent? Would the death toll still be acceptable to republicans?

How many deaths are acceptable to you?

Thanks for that and it bears reposting.

Listen to the expert scientists and professionals in the medical field instead of letting politics dictate decision making.

Does this thought process also apply to Fauci's comments about voting in person?

Scientists and medical professionals follow the facts as they know them at the time. As what they know changes, so can their actions.

If you are defending Trump, perhaps you can present the information which caused him to tell the nation about injecting harmful cleansers into the body?

And when you finish with that, perhaps you can tell us why a mask was urged for the nation but Trump said it was not for him?

Trump or any President can’t lawfully tell anyone to wear a mask! He did recommend people wear one! Fauci is a fraud, sheepie follow idiots like Fauci ( he is it for the $$ ), a total scumbag, not surprised leftist D’s love him as he fits right into their crowd. Now please explain scientifically how 1 person can stop a coronavirus!! Keep digging

It's more along the lines of 1.82% of the population that's been infected, 0.05% of the population who have died and 2.97% of cases that ended in death. While deaths are not the desired outcome, statistically its insignificant.

Does this thought process also apply to Fauci's comments about voting in person?

I am not sure as it depends on what he said and how he said it. Please be specific.

Back
Top Bottom