• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal employees turn to food banks to feed their families during shutdown

She won't. She's going to be an obstructionist boar to the bitter end.

Such a cute little slur...you must have thought that up all by yourself. Joining the Trump cult of slurs for women? Yours doesn't work...I'll let you figure out why.

McConnell is perfectly willing to allow a Senate vote if he gets a bill that the president will sign.

Why is McConnell playing toady to Trump? Shouldn't he be interested in what the Senators would like to pass?

A year ago, there was a bipartisan bill that gave $25 billion for the wall over ten years that the President said he would accept and would have passed right up to the moment that the President decided he didn’t like the deal.

The history of this didn’t start on Jan 3.

You're right. They didn't give him the deal he wanted then and they won't give him the deal he wants now. But he is still willing to negotiate. They aren't.

You're right. They didn't give him the deal he wanted then and they won't give him the deal he wants now. But he is still willing to negotiate. They aren't.

They gave him the deal that he agreed to right up to the second he didn't want it anymore.

He was not negotiating in good faith.

As far as the great "deal maker"... he left $25 billion on the table a year ago when he had the entire government controlled by the GOP. Now he shut down the government for $5 billion after the House was taken by the Democrats.

That is a crappy deal maker right there.

Why is McConnell playing toady to Trump? Shouldn't he be interested in what the Senators would like to pass?

Yep... McConnell's concern should be the American people and his constituents. Not the President.

The right wants american taxpayers to pay for mexico's wall but you have a problem with taxpayers paying for what is part of her job? Strange.

Get your facts straight. It's not Mexico's wall.

And what I really want is for Congress to pass the laws necessary to make Mexico pay for the wall. But, since Congress won't do that, then yes...the taxpayers need to pay for it. We need the wall.

I'm sure Nancy can do her job quite well if she doesn't go running off on a 7 day international vacation while the government is shut down. I sincerely hope she will do her job and negotiate a way out of the shut down. (I won't hold my breath, though.)

Federal employees turn to food banks to feed their families during shutdown

government-shutdown-food-banks-federal-employees-charity-missed-pay.jpg

Damned shame the extensive damage Donald Trump is doing to this great country.

Related: Government Shutdown: Unpaid Federal Workers Are Now Turning to Food Banks to Feed Families

There is an old saying...takes two to tango

Up to congress to pass a bill that the President is either willing to sign, or one that can withstand the veto process

I believe the ball is in Pelosi’s court

They gave him the deal that he agreed to right up to the second he didn't want it anymore.

As far as the great "deal maker"... he left $25 billion on the table a year ago when he had the entire government controlled by the GOP. Now he shut down the government for $5 billion after the House was taken by the Democrats.

"good faith"

Don't talk nonsense to me. He didn't agree to it.

"good faith"

Schumer put $25 Billion on the table and then pulled it off when his own Party objected. Was THAT good faith?

Or, was that all part of negotiations...which neither Nancy or Chuck will do anymore.

They offered 25b over 10 years...not guaranteed

He wants 5.7b this year

Big difference

No promises...an actual check....

And as far as what he is offering....he has put his side out there, it is up to the other side to ask for what they need in return

He is supposed to negotiate both sides?

"good faith"

Don't talk nonsense to me. He didn't agree to it.

"good faith"

Schumer put $25 Billion on the table and then pulled it off when his own Party objected. Was THAT good faith?

Or, was that all part of negotiations...which neither Nancy or Chuck will do anymore.

It wasn't Schumer who killed the deal, it was the President.

Remember the "****hole countries" thing?

That was then.

They offered 25b over 10 years...not guaranteed

He wants 5.7b this year

Big difference

No promises...an actual check....

And as far as what he is offering....he has put his side out there, it is up to the other side to ask for what they need in return

He is supposed to negotiate both sides?

A year ago, the President had a win.

Even after he rejected that agreement, he had a year to work a new one out.

Now the House is controlled by the Democrats so he feels the need to shut down parts of the government and affect the livelihood of federal workers to push his personal agenda.

A day late and a dollar short is what we used to say about such things.

Up to congress to pass a bill that the President is either willing to sign, or one that can withstand the veto process

Pelosi passed to the Senate a bill that passed 100-0 last month, but McConnell will not allow that bill to the floor now.

If he did so, good money would say that it would pass with a veto proof majority.

This is on McConnell and the President.

Get your facts straight. It's not Mexico's wall.

And what I really want is for Congress to pass the laws necessary to make Mexico pay for the wall. But, since Congress won't do that, then yes...the taxpayers need to pay for it. We need the wall.

I'm sure Nancy can do her job quite well if she doesn't go running off on a 7 day international vacation while the government is shut down. I sincerely hope she will do her job and negotiate a way out of the shut down. (I won't hold my breath, though.)

Sorry, I thought it was mexico's since our president said mexico was paying for it? And why would congress need to pass a law to make mexico pay when our president kept telling everyone who was listening mexico was paying? You shouldn't be angry with congress, you should be angry at our president for lying to you.

And again, it's part of her job not a vacation. I noticed melania flew into mar a lago on a government plane last night.

Get back to us when EPA forces hundreds of thousands of people to continue working without getting paid on time.

Numbers are irrelevant. 1-1,000,000

If you have a government job you know there is a risk for a shutdown. Be an adult. Plan accordingly.

If you have a government job you know there is a risk for a shutdown. Be an adult. Plan accordingly.

I have two apartments that I rent to Coast Guard.

One of them is 19 and has been in service for less than a year.

How does one plan accordingly when one has not had the chance to build up savings?

Pelosi passed to the Senate a bill that passed 100-0 last month, but McConnell will not allow that bill to the floor now.

If he did so, good money would say that it would pass with a veto proof majority.

This is on McConnell and the President.

Fact is that the President won’t sign it...will he?

And McConnell knows his political future is tied to the president

So we have a stalemate....and 800k federal workers who won’t give a damn who wins or loses when they can’t feed their families

I figure another few weeks and the anger and phone calls to congress will grow so hot, they will have to capitulate

Fact is that the President won’t sign it...will he?

And McConnell knows his political future is tied to the president

So we have a stalemate....and 800k federal workers who won’t give a damn who wins or loses when they can’t feed their families

I figure another few weeks and the anger and phone calls to congress will grow so hot, they will have to capitulate

If the bill passes with a veto proof majority then it doesn’t matter what the President thinks.

McConnell is being derilict in his duty to the American People by holding up the vote.

You expecting a coup on the floor of the senate?

Or a change in the rules?

Maybe you remember Senator Reid?

He also played politics not bringing items to the floor President Obama didn’t want

Now the tables are turned....

It's not Madam Speaker, it's Mitch. He's the one who can end it. You know that. Is he willing to stand up to the Presidunce or is he against those who work for us?

That is exactly it.

Where is Mitch?

Let t Mitch pass along the bill to Trump and give him a chance to veto it.

It seems to me that McConnell is worrying about what his life will be like if he does something a vindictive person like Trump does not like.

Trump likely thinks since Mitch refuses to pass along the bill to POTUS that he does not own the shutdown. Nope Mr President...you still completely own the shutdown

That is exactly it.

Where is Mitch?

Let t Mitch pass along the bill to Trump and give him a chance to veto it.

It seems to me that McConnell is worrying about what his life will be like if he does something a vindictive person like Trump does not like.

Trump likely thinks since Mitch refuses to pass along the bill to POTUS that he does not own the shutdown. Nope Mr President...you still completely own the shutdown

Or perhaps he is worried about his wife's cabinet position?

I'm amazed at how blind the Democrats are to the blood bath that's coming

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

you people keep saying that, but Trump is to blame, and is getting the blame. Keep saying the same line doesn't make it true. Trump even said he would be happy to shut down government if he didn't get his way.

1. There was a budget that provided border security, no wall. Fox new criticized him so he suddenly said he wouldn't sign unless there is a wall
2. House has passed budgets, Senate refuses to even allow a vote. Tell me how its Pelosi or dems problems when the House did their job?
3. Trump even rejected a deal republicans made with themselves
4. Dems support funding for actual border security, not a completely waste of money in a wall so Trump can pander to his deplorable base
5. Trump even said, on tape, he would be happy to take blame for the shutdown.

Sorry, I know right wingers are mentally challenged and think being an asshole is virtuous, but holding the federal government hostage because he doesn't get his way puts the blame solely on him. Just like Rauner, the millionaire with no politcal experience who became governor of Illinois and refused to sign the budget unless it included his anti worker initiatives. He was blamed, and he was ousted.

Oh, by the way, that's how you make an argument. providing multiple back up and explaining your position. Not the childish right wing idea of an argument, state a lie with nothing to back it up, then deflect when questioned

Last edited:
How do we feel sorry for people who don't plan ahead, and/or who line up to take what they don't need? I mean "commodities" handed out to the "poor".
It was free cheese and peanut butter from a neighbor who took it even tho they didn't even like it. We didn't like it either, especially the Peanut Butter that came from India. You could see the bug parts in it....
We trashed it. The neighbor had a house valued at $300k and a new Toyota Avalon, and a motorhome, all paid for. They had lots of money in savings but their income was low, so they qualified for free stuff. Find out where the distribution point is in your town and you will see food being loaded into new cars.

This post represent how deplorable the right wing really are. how completely clueless they are to reality and what most people face. how they have absolutely no honesty, intelligence, and empathy

This entire thread shows how ****ing dumb right winger are, they can't even post more than "neener nenner Pelosi is at fault you stupid poopyheads"

Which part of "Nancy owns it as long as she refuses to negotiate" do you not understand? Trump is willing to discuss and compromise.
She won't. She's going to be an obstructionist boar to the bitter end.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/politics/minibus-shutdown-congress/index.html

This is stupid, the House has passed budget bills, McConnell refuses to even allow a vote, how is it in Pelosi's court? Why are you so dishonest?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/poli...ontinuing-resolution-spending-bill/index.html

Actually provided the funding, senate rejected (as they should, because the border wall is a waste)

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/408608-house-passes-854b-spending-bill-to-avert-shutdown

There are also other bills to fund, McConnel won't even allow a vote. Tell me again how the balls in Pelosi's court?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom