• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

Were any of his "business associates" with his father at the time of the calls?
You know what? You make a great point, here. I've both read online and heard from cable-tv pundits that Trump generally uses the phones of those around him. He doesn't text. He doesn't email. He's a bit mafioso, in that regard.

So yeah, you make an interesting point.

Source: (CNN) Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

Well, isn't this interesting? And reported exclusively by CNN, too.

It would seem exculpatory evidence concerning the suspicions over Don Jr. possibly calling his father before & after the Trump Towers' Russian meeting, has been presented to the Senate. While meeting with the Russians was obviously not a good thing, some good news today has come out of it for the Trump's.

The tower meeting wasn't illegal.

Source: (CNN) Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

It would seem exculpatory evidence concerning the suspicions over Don Jr. possibly calling his father before & after the Trump Towers' Russian meeting, has been presented to the Senate. While meeting with the Russians was obviously not a good thing, some good news today has come out of it for the Trump's.

CNN? So it's fake news?

Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

All well and good. Now to whom were the calls made and WTH did they discuss?

Knowing it ostensibly wasn't Trump doesn't resolve the curious temporal coincidence of the calls.

I mean let's be real here. Had it been I whom Don, Jr. called, knowing that the question had been asked, I'd have presented myself to the special counsel and press and simply stated it was I who spoke with Don at "such and such" a time, and I'd have shown the phone bill that demonstrated as much. I'd have done so simply out of a sense of civic duty and to ensure the truth was make public.

All well and good. Now to whom were the calls made and WTH did they discuss?

Knowing it ostensibly wasn't Trump doesn't resolve the curious temporal coincidence of the calls.

I mean let's be real here. Had it been I whom Don, Jr. called, knowing that the question had been asked, I'd have presented myself to the special counsel and press and simply stated it was I who spoke with Don at "such and such" a time, and I'd have shown the phone bill that demonstrated as much. I'd have done so simply out of a sense of civic duty and to ensure the truth was make public.

You are going under the reasonable assumption that these folks had more integrity than the trumps'. At this point so much mis and disinformation floats around I'll reserve my judgement until I see the Mueller report. Hopefully see the Mueller report. One thing is for certain, the meeting wasn't about adoption which was the first lie told about the meeting.

Yeah, I admit that would be the logical narrative. But CNN is usually pretty accurate in their investigative stuff.
Yea. Either way it has turned me from positive that it was his father to unsure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yea. Either way it has turned me from positive that it was his father to unsure.

Yep.

And let's not forget this: Trump's campaign was so disorganized, ill prepared, and he filled it with so many opportunistic self-interested ne'er-do-wells, with none believing he was likely to win, that it is possible these are just an assortment of greedy individuals all independently looking-out for themselves as Russia tried their best to infiltrate the campaign.

Sorry for the long run-on sentence, but it is possible. Now I still think Trump is dirty on a lot of financial over the years, but he may not have actively colluded. He surely is obstructing and lying his ass off, though.

Yep.

And let's not forget this: Trump's campaign was so disorganized, ill prepared, and he filled it with so many opportunistic self-interested ne'er-do-wells, with none believing he was likely to win, that it is possible these are just an assortment of greedy individuals all independently looking-out for themselves as Russia tried their best to infiltrate the campaign.

Sorry for the long run-on sentence, but it is possible. Now I still think Trump is dirty on a lot of financial over the years, but he may not have actively colluded. He surely is obstructing and lying his ass off, though.
Its entirely possible he didnt. But his actions and the actions of those around him dont seem that of an innocent man.

You are going under the reasonable assumption that these folks had more integrity than the trumps'. At this point so much mis and disinformation floats around I'll reserve my judgement until I see the Mueller report. Hopefully see the Mueller report. One thing is for certain, the meeting wasn't about adoption which was the first lie told about the meeting.

Red:
Well, that goes directly to a key question about the whole of the "Russia" matter: why the hell did any of these people -- Stone, Flynn, Cohen, Manafort, et al -- lie to federal and Congressional investigators about doing and saying things that, on their face, may not have illegal to do or say?

It's one thing to lie to the press or some random "Tom, Dick or Harry." It's wholly another to lie to people whereby lying to them can get one sent to prison on felony counts.

Something happened in Trump Tower and Donald didn’t know............please....one floor down, probably bugs everywhere.......

Its entirely possible he didnt. But his actions and the actions of those around him dont seem that of an innocent man.

Agreed. Completely. He puts a target on his back.

That's an interesting take that might have some merit.

Though through Don Jr. believing he was meeting with the Russian government to receive campaign assistance from Russia, I believe his case might be different. Don Jr. conspired in this endeavor, which I saw as criminal in itself. Whether he gets charged or convicted hough, is a whole different matter.

What conspiracy are you referring too? Who did Don Jr conspire with and what did they conspire to do???? You have all this evidence of conspiracy put it up and let's see it. I tell you I have dirt on someone and you have to see it, we meet and I have nothing to show you. So you are now a criminal, is that correct. And even if I tell you I have dirt and you have to see it, we meet and I give you all this operation research and you do nothing with it. You are a criminal is that correct.

We know that Crooked Hillary conspired with the Russians to formulate a phony dossier that was used by the FBI to get a warrant to spy on Trump's campagaine. Is that like something your talking about?

What conspiracy are you referring too? Who did Don Jr conspire with and what did they conspire to do???? You have all this evidence of conspiracy put it up and let's see it. I tell you I have dirt on someone and you have to see it, we meet and I have nothing to show you. So you are now a criminal, is that correct. And even if I tell you I have dirt and you have to see it, we meet and I give you all this operation research and you do nothing with it. You are a criminal is that correct.

We know that Crooked Hillary conspired with the Russians to formulate a phony dossier that was used by the FBI to get a warrant to spy on Trump's campagaine. Is that like something your talking about?
This has been litigated here ad nauseam, Born Free.

Donnie Boy received an email promising the Russian government's help in the campaign, and he responded to it and went to the meeting in Trump Towers Russia meeting in those hopes. What else is there to say?

Yeah his actions are not that of an innocent man, hang that bastard to the highest tree.
it gives cause to investigate him more thoroughly, and can cause a guilty verdict in the court of public opinion - yes.

This has been litigated here ad nauseam, Born Free.

Litigated here, you mean on this board with all the liberals that hate Trump.

Donnie Boy received an email promising the Russian government's help in the campaign, and he responded to it and went to the meeting in Trump Towers Russia meeting in those hopes. What else is there to say?

Wait a minute, you said a lot, this is what you said "Don Jr. conspired in this endeavor, which I saw as criminal in itself."

I replied:

"What conspiracy are you referring too? Who did Don Jr conspire with and what did they conspire to do???? You have all this evidence of conspiracy put it up and let's see it. I tell you I have dirt on someone and you have to see it, we meet and I have nothing to show you. So you are now a criminal, is that correct. And even if I tell you I have dirt and you have to see it, we meet and I give you all this operation research and you do nothing with it. You are a criminal is that correct."

You never answered my question, I would sure like a response.

it gives cause to investigate him more thoroughly,

But this is what you said "Don Jr. conspired in this endeavor, which I saw as criminal in itself." at this point your way past cause to investigate you've convicted him as a criminal.

and can cause a guilty verdict in the court of public opinion - yes

You mean like you convicted Kev as a molester, rapist, and a rapist gang leader, and who spiked the punch to get woman ready to be raped. All based on three woman who not one had a shred of evidence. There was not one of them that could corroborate anything. Zip Zero. Guess what he's a SCJ in spite of all you lefist convicting him.

We know that Crooked Hillary conspired with the Russians to formulate a phony dossier that was used by the FBI to get a warrant to spy on Trump's campagaine. Is that like something your talking about? Did she conspire in her endeavor which you saw as criminal in itself.

Usually your a stand up guy, but then at times you run off the rails and crash. And this is one of those times.

But those are separate issues. You're assuming the Trump Towers Russia meeting had to be WikiLeaks oriented.

Why go through Wikileaks if the campaign already had a direct conduit to Russia?

Why go through Wikileaks if the campaign already had a direct conduit to Russia?
We don't know where that (Trump Towers' Russia) meeting reached, or its success.

Very hard to believe. If it wasn't with his father then I don't know why he didn't just say who they were instead of saying he didn't know who they were with and that he couldn't remember if it could have been his father.

I said the exact same thing when I learned about this. Why didn't he just say so in the first place and be very open about who he called? That would've cleared those entire ordeal up in a matter of seconds. Instead, it's taken damned near two years! And for what?...for what??

Very hard to believe. If it wasn't with his father then I don't know why he didn't just say who they were instead of saying he didn't know who they were with and that he couldn't remember if it could have been his father.

Maybe he is a habitual liar like his father?
Trumps lies so often when the true would not have caused him any harm. it's just weird.

Were any of his "business associates" with his father at the time of the calls?

Now that's the million dollar question!

As I've said before, the Trump campaign could easily have used outsiders to circulate information they knew might be contentious and come back to haunt them. So, who really knows the truth? Odds are, Jr's call to a business associate was legit. This story seems to confirm that. Except...

[...Trump, Jr...private phone calls to blocked phone number] ahead of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting were not with his father...

[...Trump, Jr...makes] an additional call with a private number occurred several hours after the meeting.

It's not evident whether special counsel Robert Mueller has also obtained the phone records disclosing the identity of the private numbers, but the Trump Organization has provided both Mueller and Congress with a range of Russia-related documents. The documents showing the calls were not with then-candidate Trump could resolve a key line of inquiry that House Democrats have said they want to get to the bottom of this year now that they are the majority party and have control of investigations.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned this throughout this thread. Folks got so hung up (excuse the pun) on the Jr. being cleared of the two phone calls ahead of the Trump Tower meeting they forgot about the private phone call that took place after the meeting...the phone call that really matters here.

So, stay tuned...

Last edited:

This came out this morning actually and the only reason that CNN is running it was because it was all over fox news and they didn't have a choice.
yet another nothing burger for the anti-trump crowd.

schiff is going to get chapped over this one.

We don't know where that (Trump Towers' Russia) meeting reached, or its success.

Oh, I think we do...From reporting on the matter, it was well documented in the media as to the set up of the meeting, what transpired in the meeting, and the nothing burger it was. Also, we know that the main player in the infamous Ms. V met with Simpson, before and after said meeting, therefore making it appear as a set up...

This came out this morning actually and the only reason that CNN is running it was because it was all over fox news and they didn't have a choice.
yet another nothing burger for the anti-trump crowd.

schiff is going to get chapped over this one.
Ludin, seriously, what would cause you to post something like this?

CNN broke it as an exclusive story using their sources, just before I posted it - yesterday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom