• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

Oh, I think we do...From reporting on the matter, it was well documented in the media as to the set up of the meeting, what transpired in the meeting, and the nothing burger it was. Also, we know that the main player in the infamous Ms. V met with Simpson, before and after said meeting, therefore making it appear as a set up...
Well, we only have heard what transpired in the meeting from Don Jr. and several other participants. No way is Don Jr. a credible source, as is seen by his multiple times lying about the meeting, and his subsequently walking his lies back as the media continued breaking the story.

Regardless, Don Jr. met with the Russians to get their assistance in his father's election. What we don't know (for sure), is if pops was aware or involved. We do know he (Trump Sr.) was involved in the cover-up.

I said the exact same thing when I learned about this. Why didn't he just say so in the first place and be very open about who he called? That would've cleared those entire ordeal up in a matter of seconds. Instead, it's taken damned near two years! And for what?...for what??

Was trump the one using Jr's phone. or was he using his "best friend" Howrd Lorber's phone? Apparently it's a mafia-style habit of his.

Well, we only have heard what transpired in the meeting from Don Jr. and several other participants. No way is Don Jr. a credible source, as is seen by his multiple times lying about the meeting, and his subsequently walking his lies back as the media continued breaking the story.

Regardless, Don Jr. met with the Russians to get their assistance in his father's election. What we don't know (for sure), is if pops was aware or involved. We do know he (Trump Sr.) was involved in the cover-up.

It would seem though, that Trump Jr. has greater credibility on the story than the MSM.

We don't know where that (Trump Towers' Russia) meeting reached, or its success.

We know that a month or so later, a senior Trump campaign official was reaching out to Stone to reach out to Wikileaks. That would suggest nothing was established as a result of the tower meeting

Ji
Source: (CNN) Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

Well, isn't this interesting? And reported exclusively by CNN, too.

It would seem exculpatory evidence concerning the suspicions over Don Jr. possibly calling his father before & after the Trump Towers' Russian meeting, has been presented to the Senate. While meeting with the Russians was obviously not a good thing, some good news today has come out of it for the Trump's.

Alas this story is not without a Russia connection. Seems like if a Trump is involved there has to be at one in there somewhere. 2 of the call recipients have now been ostensibly identified. One was NASCAR’s Bill France. A big Donald Trump supporter.

The other call recipient. Described as a “long time family friend”. Is further described thusly by New York Magazine.

“The recipient of one of the phone calls was Howard Lorber who is, yes, a “family friend.” But he is also a longtime point of contact in Trump’s ambitions to build a tower in Moscow, which date back to the 1980s. Lorber accompanied Trump on a 1996 visit to Moscow to explore building there. “Howard has major investments in Russia,” Trump boasted to a Russian politician at the time. As Craig Unger notes, Lorber’s dealings in Russia put him in contact with Russian mobsters.
Trump Jr. was also very active in the family efforts to consummate the Moscow deal. Now, the timing of his call to Lorber may well be a total coincidence. But the more information that emerges about the Moscow tower project, the more central it appears to be to the Trump-Russia relationship”

Funny how that Trump Tower Moscow deal keeps popping up.

I said the exact same thing when I learned about this. Why didn't he just say so in the first place and be very open about who he called? That would've cleared those entire ordeal up in a matter of seconds. Instead, it's taken damned near two years! And for what?...for what??

He was asked about it a year later. Trump Jr had always said it lasted a few minutes and nothing much came of it. How many phone conversations do you recall from 2/1/18?

Source: (CNN) Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

It would seem exculpatory evidence concerning the suspicions over Don Jr. possibly calling his father before & after the Trump Towers' Russian meeting, has been presented to the Senate. While meeting with the Russians was obviously not a good thing, some good news today has come out of it for the Trump's.

Not really sure how this can be rationally construed as 'good news' for the Trumps.

It essentially became an issue because Nunes refused to subpoena the information. It’s been a symbol of the inadequacy of the Nunes investigation. But no one claimed that the call must have been how Jr told his father about the meeting. If that happened, it could have been anytime.

The outrage here is that they could've easily checked for themselves for over a year if not longer, but they were blocked by Nunes from following basic leads. Not that every lead has to pan out or be a smoking gun. That's not how the real world works.

Ji

Alas this story is not without a Russia connection. Seems like if a Trump is involved there has to be at one in there somewhere. 2 of the call recipients have now been ostensibly identified. One was NASCAR’s Bill France. A big Donald Trump supporter.

The other call recipient. Described as a “long time family friend”. Is further described thusly by New York Magazine.

“The recipient of one of the phone calls was Howard Lorber who is, yes, a “family friend.” But he is also a longtime point of contact in Trump’s ambitions to build a tower in Moscow, which date back to the 1980s. Lorber accompanied Trump on a 1996 visit to Moscow to explore building there. “Howard has major investments in Russia,” Trump boasted to a Russian politician at the time. As Craig Unger notes, Lorber’s dealings in Russia put him in contact with Russian mobsters.
Trump Jr. was also very active in the family efforts to consummate the Moscow deal. Now, the timing of his call to Lorber may well be a total coincidence. But the more information that emerges about the Moscow tower project, the more central it appears to be to the Trump-Russia relationship”

It's even funnier that we go from Trump conspiring to destroy democracy to Trump conspiring to build condos.

Aren't I supposed to dismiss this because it's CNN and it's unnamed sources?;)
Of course, because that's what mindless TDS zombies do - only dismiss the stories that are good news for Trump.

Of course, because that's what mindless TDS zombies do - only dismiss the stories that are good news for Trump.

Why are you talking about TD? He hasn't posted in this thread yet.

Or are you saying something about people who dismiss any CNN news story that is based on 3 anonymous sources?

Why are you talking about TD? He hasn't posted in this thread yet.

Or are you saying something about people who dismiss any CNN news story that is based on 3 anonymous sources?
No, I'm talking about the people who only dismiss the stories that are good news for Trump. Just like I said the first time.

No, I'm talking about the people who only dismiss the stories that are good news for Trump. Just like I said the first time.

So my post was about CNN and anonymous sources. Just so I understand you, you are saying CNN and anonymous sources are not to be dismissed.

So my post was about CNN and anonymous sources. Just so I understand you, you are saying CNN and anonymous sources are not to be dismissed.
That seems to be exactly what Taylor is saying, trust CNN and anonymous sources.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

We know that a month or so later, a senior Trump campaign official was reaching out to Stone to reach out to Wikileaks. That would suggest nothing was established as a result of the tower meeting
Like I originally said: We don't know that. We don't know the circumstance or attachment of those in the meeting, nor of who the person reaching out to Stone is, nor of his or her attachments. You're going in circles, here.

That seems to be exactly what Taylor is saying, trust CNN and anonymous sources.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

That's what I'm seeing too. We'll have to remember that the next time one of his fellow Trump fans says "CNN is fake news and you can't trust anonymous sources". Like one poster I can think of.....who al of a sudden trusts CNN and its anonymous sources.

Ji

Thanks very much for this. I'm willing to accept this without cites for our discussion, unless disputes come up.

But yow, these guys are such a hot mess! The only thing we can do is throw the whole bunch out of office. It's beyond sick.

Not really sure how this can be rationally construed as 'good news' for the Trumps.

It essentially became an issue because Nunes refused to subpoena the information. It’s been a symbol of the inadequacy of the Nunes investigation. But no one claimed that the call must have been how Jr told his father about the meeting. If that happened, it could have been anytime.

The outrage here is that they could've easily checked for themselves for over a year if not longer, but they were blocked by Nunes from following basic leads. Not that every lead has to pan out or be a smoking gun. That's not how the real world works.
Yeah, but there was a lot of supposition by the Dems, especially Adam Schiff.

But the flip-side, I've had a poster in this thread claim one of the calls was to a guy involved in Trump's attempts to build in Moscow! :doh

My best guess is that one of the phone calls he made was to Corey Lewandowski. Of course Trump knew all about the meeting beforehand and I'm sure he was briefed after the meeting also as to what occurred. Nothing happens in Trump's world that he doesn't know about down to the very smallest detail.

My best guess is that one of the phone calls he made was to Corey Lewandowski. Of course Trump knew all about the meeting beforehand and I'm sure he was briefed after the meeting also as to what occurred. Nothing happens in Trump's world that he doesn't know about down to the very smallest detail.
Well, one of them still might be considered suspicious though:

The recipient of one of the phone calls was Howard Lorber who is, yes, a “family friend.” But he is also a longtime point of contact in Trump’s ambitions to build a tower in Moscow, which date back to the 1980s. Lorber accompanied Trump on a 1996 visit to Moscow to explore building there. “Howard has major investments in Russia,” Trump boasted to a Russian politician at the time. As Craig Unger notes, Lorber’s dealings in Russia put him in contact with Russian mobsters.

Source: (NYMagazine) Donald Trump Jr. Called a ‘Family Friend’ Who Was Also a Link to Moscow

No, read it again.

1. The "media" doesn't determine innocence or guilt...

2. If that is so, speculative as it is, you don't know for sure, and Don Jr. hasn't been charged with a single count of anything...So, as far as what we know, it is really very little.

Regardless, Don Jr. met with the Russians to get their assistance in his father's election.

So? Is opposition research illegal? Ask Glenn Simpson about getting Russian assistance....

What we don't know (for sure), is if pops was aware or involved. We do know he (Trump Sr.) was involved in the cover-up.

Well, this story seems to blow a giant hole in that...

So then you don't think CNN and it anonymous sources should be trusted.
No, I generally don't trust any CNN exclusives based on anomymous sources. They're just not that credible a news organization.

1. The "media" doesn't determine innocence or guilt...

2. If that is so, speculative as it is, you don't know for sure, and Don Jr. hasn't been charged with a single count of anything...So, as far as what we know, it is really very little.

So? Is opposition research illegal? Ask Glenn Simpson about getting Russian assistance....

Well, this story seems to blow a giant hole in that...

Yep but oh boy did CNN ever have a lot of fun speculating in months past. And the never-Trumper brigade here at DP were salivating over the possibilities. And Shiffty Schiff, well he is looking like a real idiot in which much of the speculation came.

Back
Top Bottom