• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European Football/EPL season 2018/2019

EPL winner

• Man City

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tottenham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Man United

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Chealski

• Arsenal

• Other

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
I disagree. I think if anyone does, Modric deserves it. He has been every bit as important to Real's CL campaign as Ronaldo. I'm frankly a bit sick of these endless awards. Who even knows the difference between them anyway? The fault with almost all of them is that they ludicrously over-reward strikers. SINCE 1991 that Top FIFA/Balon D'Or award has been won by 25 strikers or attacking midfielders, once by a defensive midfielder/sweeper and once by a defender. It has never been won by a goalkeeper.

Football's a team sport, much as Cristiano Ronaldo might not like it. I think individual awards detract from the sport, so pfft to their biased and unrepresentative little poll.

Strikers are also worth more money than anyone else. Every child dreaming to make it as a football player first of all sees himself as a striker. Let's not pretend it isn't so. Modric was important but nothing close to Ronaldo and you will see it in this year's Real CL campaign.

Strikers are also worth more money than anyone else. Every child dreaming to make it as a football player first of all sees himself as a striker. Let's not pretend it isn't so. Modric was important but nothing close to Ronaldo and you will see it in this year's Real CL campaign.

We'll see. I have a feeling RM are going to do better than Juve and that CR isn't going to score anywhere near as many goals this season.

We'll see. I have a feeling RM are going to do better than Juve and that CR isn't going to score anywhere near as many goals this season.

The question is only how good Madrid's CL campaign will be compared to the last one. Juve is irrelevant.
I think Ronaldo's move was terrible for him football wise. He can't succeed there as much as he did in Madrid. The league's style is completely different, Juve is not an ultra-offensive team like Madrid and the teams that play against it play differently than the La Liga sides who oppose Real Madrid. They also don't play for Cristiano like what happened in Madrid. If he just wanted the money he could move to the Chinese league.

The question is only how good Madrid's CL campaign will be compared to the last one.
Not really. With CR on board they also had a horrible league campaign. Am I picking up that you want to give him credit for the things they won and exonerate him for the things they didn't?

Juve is irrelevant. I think Ronaldo's move was terrible for him football wise. He can't succeed there as much as he did in Madrid. The league's style is completely different, Juve is not an ultra-offensive team like Madrid and the teams that play against it play differently than the La Liga sides who oppose Real Madrid. They also don't play for Cristiano like what happened in Madrid. If he just wanted the money he could move to the Chinese league.
My read is that he really wanted one more big money pay-day before retirement, but he couldn't stomach the idea of being an ocean away from friends and family. He's not a really cosmopolitan kinda guy. His English is poor, his Spanish heavily accented. No idea how he'd find China or Japan. Juve was probably the best compromise. I agree that he's not going to duplicate his RM success in Turin.

. I agree that he's not going to duplicate his RM success in Turin.

Well... depends on what you are comparing. He is getting old so 3 or more CL titles are impossible but domestic titles is pretty easy to match and beat in the few years he has left. He after all was never much of a success in Spain relative speaking... 9 years and 2 domestic titles and 2 domestic cup titles... hardly mind blowing. He in fact won more domestic titles in England..

He just has to play 3 years in Juve and win 3 titles and he has done better in Italy than Spain.. domestically.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

And on a more funny side. The Danish National team is on strike over pay so this international periode, Denmark will be represented in 2 games by the Futsal national team and 2nd/3rd division players....... I kid you not. Wales is gonna have an easy time of it in the qualifying game...

Slovakia 3 Denmark 0

Not too bad considering 6 players were from the Futsal national team and the rest made up of 2nd and lower division players...

Wales next in a qualifier... same team it looks like....not going to be pretty unless Wales puts only players from the Welsh leauge....one could hope!

Luke Shaw has to be one of the unluckiest football players playing at the moment...

Luke Shaw has to be one of the unluckiest football players playing at the moment...

Spain lucky to get a win there as well, never a foul on DeGea

Spain lucky to get a win there as well, never a foul on DeGea
Deserved win though. England were poor most of the game and Spain controlled the game. But the England goal was nicely done.

As for the foul....outside England it is given all the time. One could argue that the English player undermines De Gea by bending over slightly and that is a foul. Of course in the eyes of the English there is never a legit foul given against England [emoji1].

Deserved win though. England were poor most of the game and Spain controlled the game. But the England goal was nicely done.

As for the foul....outside England it is given all the time. One could argue that the English player undermines De Gea by bending over slightly and that is a foul. Of course in the eyes of the English there is never a legit foul given against England [emoji1].

I disagree i thought Spain were bang average in the second half, admittedly the game died off after Shaw’s injury but England created the better chances and Rashford should have buried his chance.
As for De Gea he jumps up, catches the ball , lands on Danny and then drops the ball. It’s a horrible call from the ref.

Who on Earth could have predicted that reaction?

Italy can't even beat a Ronaldo-less Portugal anymore

Well two defensive teams made up of poor players.. hardly a shocker that it ends in a 1-0. Italy aint what it use too be.. it is in a massive rebuilding stage that is for sure, but they have been here before and will comeback.

Who on Earth could have predicted that reaction?

/shrug it is the truth. I have seen it from various angles now and the English player does undercut De Gea. Now it aint the biggest foul in the world, but they are given more than not because of goalkeeper protection.

And Eriksen > Bale muhhha

So much for Spain being on the way down.... 6-0 over the Wirld Cup silver medalist Croatia...

Asensio with another amazing performance.

5/5. Decent start.

Nice to watch the game in a good time slot for us too.

Ronaldo red for pulling hair?

Ref wanted to be famous

CL deserves VAR too

Yeh that should be overturned, awful from the Ref.
Well I can see it from the refs point of view... Ronaldo puts his hand on another person in a threatening or agitated manner... that is technically enoug for a red.

Back
Top Bottom