• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU turning indigenous Europeans into a minority

Orban is a racist xenophobe right wing nut job, his views are bogus when it comes to immigration because immigration will never overrun native European citizens.

This sort of crass, out of hand dismissal of such views as 'nut job' is precisely what helped stoke the Brexit result. White working class people got tired of being dismissed as 'racist xenophobes' because they wanted immigration controlled. Ditto elsewhere in Europe as evidenced by the rise of anti immigrant parties.

Therefore your response is obsolete, it's the political equivalent of sticking your head under the carpet and pretending there is no problem. Even mainstream pro immigration parties are now having to adapt their policies. Immigration is an issue which has forced its way into mainstream dialogue as a legitimate issue.

You'll really need to do better than this Peter.

This sort of crass, out of hand dismissal of such views as 'nut job' is precisely what helped stoke the Brexit result. White working class people got tired of being dismissed as 'racist xenophobes' because they wanted immigration controlled. Ditto elsewhere in Europe as evidenced by the rise of anti immigrant parties.

Therefore your response is obsolete, it's the political equivalent of sticking your head under the carpet and pretending there is no problem. Even mainstream pro immigration parties are now having to adapt their policies. Immigration is an issue which has forced its way into mainstream dialogue as a legitimate issue.

You'll really need to do better than this Peter.
Actually there's nothing obsolete about the whole response at all. Because Orban is a racist xenophobe right wing nut job and tempering that very apt description down in some futile attempt at playing to his followers, will in the long run prove more destructive than calling spades spades. IOW the true head under the carpet move.

Not that you'd have any experience with it, yet democracy needs to be combative, or it'll go under. I'd point you to Weimar if I saw any merit in so doing.

As to your assessment over what stoked the Brexit result, it's another example of your being too ill-informed on matters European to know of what you speak.

Actually there's nothing obsolete about the whole response at all. Because Orban is a racist xenophobe right wing nut job and tempering that very apt description down in some futile attempt at playing to his followers, will in the long run prove more destructive than calling spades spades. IOW the true head under the carpet move.

Not that you'd have any experience with it, yet democracy needs to be combative, or it'll go under. I'd point you to Weimar if I saw any merit in so doing.

As to your assessment over what stoked the Brexit result, it's another example of your being too ill-informed on matters European to know of what you speak.

I disagree Chagos .......... clearly you're no authority on what caused Brexit since you are unable to comprehend why anyone voted for it.

My point to Pete is that his dismissive argument is obsolete because now even people like Clinton recognise immigration as a problem. Even Merkel is now backing off her position, whilst in states like Hungary and Austria these so called 'nut jobs' are in power. Dismissal is a lost cause. Immigration is a legitimate problem. Denial, the policy for 20 years, will do nothing but fan the flames of anti immigrant sentiment.

PS I am as 'European' as you.

:lol:

I've not even ventured an opinion, but I thought you'd be pleased that I'm quoting a leader of one of the great so called 'civilised states' in that shining beacon of light called the EU. :wink2:

Anyway, it seems increasing numbers of EU citizens rather identify with his message, and there lies a problem for you chaps.

There are reasonably good leaders in the EU, but Orban is not a shining anything, other than a shining example of a piece of crap.

There are reasonably good leaders in the EU, but Orban is not a shining anything, other than a shining example of a piece of crap.

A very helpful contribution about one of the EU's most popular leaders, and the Hungarians who vote him into office :roll:.

A very helpful contribution about one of the EU's most popular leaders, and the Hungarians who vote him into office :roll:.

Eh. Orban is tolerated by EU leaders and peoples. He's neither emulated nor admired.

One of the EU's most popular leaders :lamo Hilarious and total nonsense. The only place he is popular is under other populist hate mongers regarding foreigners and muslims.

I disagree Chagos ..........
Guess what?

I don't care.

Goes for what you let follow as well, seeing how it further underscores my point of your ignorance of European affairs.

But we both know that you're not here to argue any specifics, so I won't waste my time on that either.

Don't get carried away ........ that compliment was a one off Black Friday special offer :2razz:
Yeah, coming from you I wouldn't have expected anything other than cheap.:2razz:

Oh. Okay. That explains everything.

It was only 200 years ago.

So.... no knowledge of WW2 history in Eastern Europe. Yet you are here promoting Orban and his politics.

~ something that happened in the 9th and 10th century ~

Haha. Your ignorance on Magyar history isn't helping you

So.... no knowledge of WW2 history in Eastern Europe. Yet you are here promoting Orban and his politics.

Haha. Your ignorance on Magyar history isn't helping you

Promoting Orbon and his politics? I've done no such thing. In fact, I haven't even mentioned his name.

Promoting Orbon and his politics? I've done no such thing. In fact, I haven't even mentioned his name.

If you support Donald Trump on immigration - and you do 110% - then you are also simpatico with Viktor Orbán.

One of the EU's most popular leaders :lamo Hilarious and total nonsense. The only place he is popular is under other populist hate mongers regarding foreigners and muslims.

:mrgreen:

You are in denial again. I can see why populism is on the rise - it's because views like yours, which i regard as being sneering contempt of anyone concerned about immigration coupled with a refusal to engage with reality, were once common.

Here is a reminder, based on facts, of just how popular Orban is in Hungary - a popularity which only a fool would deny.

https://www.politico.eu/article/hungary-election-2018-viktor-orban-fidesz-jobbik/

Viktor Orbán’s right-wing Fidesz party won a landslide victory in Hungary’s general election on Sunday, setting the stage for the prime minister to pursue his nationalistic vision and fight more battles with Brussels.

The result gives Orbán a third consecutive term as prime minister and a strong platform from which to further rail against migrants and Muslims, stage crackdowns on NGOs and mount strong resistance to greater EU integration.

Fidesz improved significantly on its performance in 2014 in terms of the popular vote, taking nearly 49 percent of votes compared to 44 percent in the previous election.

Post 2 shows the lie in your words.

You should probably learn to read what I say. I was talking about the US. In fact, you can more easily make the case that I was derailing the thread than I was voicing any opinion about Orbon.

Perhaps you should comment on what I said...that there are globalists who are using tactics against the US...instead of commenting on what I didn't say.

:mrgreen:

You are in denial again. I can see why populism is on the rise - it's because views like yours, which i regard as being sneering contempt of anyone concerned about immigration coupled with a refusal to engage with reality, were once common.

Here is a reminder, based on facts, of just how popular Orban is in Hungary - a popularity which only a fool would deny.

https://www.politico.eu/article/hungary-election-2018-viktor-orban-fidesz-jobbik/

Viktor Orbán’s right-wing Fidesz party won a landslide victory in Hungary’s general election on Sunday, setting the stage for the prime minister to pursue his nationalistic vision and fight more battles with Brussels.

The result gives Orbán a third consecutive term as prime minister and a strong platform from which to further rail against migrants and Muslims, stage crackdowns on NGOs and mount strong resistance to greater EU integration.

Fidesz improved significantly on its performance in 2014 in terms of the popular vote, taking nearly 49 percent of votes compared to 44 percent in the previous election.

Being popular in Europe is not being popular in your own country alone. He is not one of Europe's most popular leaders, most in Europe are disgusted with him and his politics.

Being popular in Europe is not being popular in your own country alone. He is not one of Europe's most popular leaders, most in Europe are disgusted with him and his politics.
In fact we're talking of a group of people (Hungarians) that amount to only (barely) 10 million and of which at least half don't find this nutjob to be popular at all.

I hate to break it to both Westphalian and Viktor Orban but there are no indigenous Europeans left anymore. Europe is a sub-continent of immigrants, a mixing pot of peoples who wandered out of Eurasia. Aryans, Bronze Age Beaker People (Celts), Skythians and Sarmatians, more modern Celts, Thracians, Illyrians, Greeks, Germans, Uighurs, Finns, Huns, Slavs, Avars, Mongols, Turks, etc. The list goes on. What is happening in European migration today is the long-term norm and not an aberration at all.

If you want to fixate on religious xenophobia then Please be aware that there have been significant Muslim populations in Europe since 710 CE.

A little perspective might be useful in this alarmist thread.

Mr. Orban's beloved Hungarians are hybrids of nomadic horse-riding Avar and Magyar invaders who settled down and inter-bred with earlier immigrant populations whom they conquered. Europe is a land of mongrels and is stronger for it.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
Viktor Orban:

Brussels today is ruled by those who want to replace an alliance of free nations with a European empire: a European empire led not by the elected leaders of nations, but by Brussels bureaucrats. Believers in a European empire are also in government in a number of European countries today. This is how we can know what that brave new world will be like if it is up to them: the appearance of increasing numbers of men of fighting age arriving from other continents and other cultures, within our lifetime shaping European cities in their own image, slowly but surely turning indigenous Europeans into a minority; terror as a part of life in large cities; political manipulation an everyday reality, justified on the grounds of the rule of law; and freedom of speech and the press which only extends as far as the freedom to echo their ideas.

Those who want to mold the European Union into a European empire are all, without exception, supporters of immigration. They have made the admission of migrants the litmus test of being European, and expect every country and nation to become multicultural without delay. Now we can see that they deliberately failed to use their enormous police and military capability, and they deliberately failed to defend Europe from the migrant masses. If we were able to do it, they could have done so too. What was lacking was not the ability, but the will. Even today, the Brussels vanguard and the other leaders who are opposed to nation states see migration as a chance, an opportunity. They see it as a chance to replace the European Union of nation states with a multicultural empire of mixed populations, smoothed into a unity: a Europe without nation states; an elite separated from its national roots; an alliance with multinational power groups; a coalition with financial speculators. This would be paradise for George Soros.

https://www.theoccidentalobserver.n...turning-indigenous-europeans-into-a-minority/

Huh. Orban is lying through his teeth.

WHAT are the odds?

Yes, but I hate to break it to you ....... the only votes that matter in Hungary are those of Hungarian citizens.

Quite why you are still in denial about the immigrant problem which exercises so many voters across the EU is beyond me. I don't care. You've lost the UK already, and your project is more unhealthy now than at any time in its history. Continuing to deride voters who reject immigration is a short cut to the further dis-integration of the EU. Will the un-elected aparatchiks in Brussels listen? I doubt it - free movement and mass immigration is a quasi religious belief to them.

Yes, but I hate to break it to you ....... the only votes that matter in Hungary are those of Hungarian citizens.

Ha... hardly. Votes don't matter in Hungary and Orbán has seen to that. When you can get a super majority of seats in Parliament by only having 44% of the vote... then you know votes do not matter.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Quite why you are still in denial about the immigrant problem which exercises so many voters across the EU is beyond me. I don't care. You've lost the UK already, and your project is more unhealthy now than at any time in its history. Continuing to deride voters who reject immigration is a short cut to the further dis-integration of the EU. Will the un-elected aparatchiks in Brussels listen? I doubt it - free movement and mass immigration is a quasi religious belief to them.

Except that was not your assertion, if you stated he was popular in Hungary you would be right, but you stated he was

one of the EU's most popular leaders

You mean there are scum using the issues with immigration for their own hateful reasons? You are right, but the EU has a bigger problem with right wing scum than with immigrants IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom