• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU turning indigenous Europeans into a minority

You should probably learn to read what I say. I was talking about the US. In fact, you can more easily make the case that I was derailing the thread than I was voicing any opinion about Orbon.

Perhaps you should comment on what I said...that there are globalists who are using tactics against the US...instead of commenting on what I didn't say.

So you just happened to make a post about America on a thread about Viktor Orban in the Europe forum. What's more, I have been commenting on what you said because your words are there clear to all. (In the European forum, on a European thread about a European country.)

Except that was not your assertion, if you stated he was popular in Hungary you would be right, but you stated he was

You mean there are scum using the issues with immigration for their own hateful reasons? You are right, but the EU has a bigger problem with right wing scum than with immigrants IMHO.

Your attitude is a core factor in aiding the rise of right wing populism across many EU states.

You deny, you abuse, you scorn millions or ordinary decent people by dismissing their views as the province of 'scum'. You seek to de-legitimise concerns about immigration.

You, and people like you, through your attitude, have inadvertently promoted the extremism through your refusal to take any concerns about immigration seriously. Immigration seems to be an untouchable issue for you, and by seeking to put it outsdie the change agenda you force people to turn to ever more extreme parties in order to break through the blankets of stifling silence.

Except that was not your assertion, if you stated he was popular in Hungary you would be right, but you stated he was

You mean there are scum using the issues with immigration for their own hateful reasons? You are right, but the EU has a bigger problem with right wing scum than with immigrants IMHO.

You're being a pedant since my saying he was one of the EU's most popular leaders relates, by definition, to his popularity in Hungary.

This is so since, as you know, there are no pan European leaders, there are no meaningful measures of pan European popularity.

No doubt Orban is unpopular among the unelected aparatchiks of Brussels, but whether he is more popular than Merkel, Macron or anybody else would be across the EU as a whole is not known. Thus your own claims about Orban's popularity in Europe are based on nothing but your own guess work and prejudice. His national popularity is among the highest of any EU leaders.

Your attitude is a core factor in aiding the rise of right wing populism across many EU states.

You deny, you abuse, you scorn millions or ordinary decent people by dismissing their views as the province of 'scum'. You seek to de-legitimise concerns about immigration.

You, and people like you, through your attitude, have inadvertently promoted the extremism through your refusal to take any concerns about immigration seriously. Immigration seems to be an untouchable issue for you, and by seeking to put it outsdie the change agenda you force people to turn to ever more extreme parties in order to break through the blankets of stifling silence.

And the populists have never played their part in the way immigration is only ever portrayed as an evil?

You're being a pedant since my saying he was one of the EU's most popular leaders relates, by definition, to his popularity in Hungary.

This is so since, as you know, there are no pan European leaders, there are no meaningful measures of pan European popularity.

No doubt Orban is unpopular among the unelected aparatchiks of Brussels, but whether he is more popular than Merkel, Macron or anybody else would be across the EU as a whole is not known. Thus your own claims about Orban's popularity in Europe are based on nothing but your own guess work and prejudice. His national popularity is among the highest of any EU leaders.

Merkel and Macron are very popular compared to this Hungarian hate monger. They may also have a lot of people who do not like them but compared to Orban they are very popular.

Also you are posting nonsense, now you claim he was one of the most popular leaders relating to his popularity in Hungary only. But my original response was to a post of your stating:

about one of the EU's most popular leaders, and the Hungarians who vote him into office

So you stated he was one of the EU's most popular leaders AND popular to the Hungarians who voted him into office.

No, my attitude is coming out from my core disgust of the populist hate mongers in the EU and other countries.

And I abuse because I dislike and speak up against the hate mongering idiotic politicians :lamo

And I do not de-legitimize concerns about immigration, I speak out against blanket hate mongering against immigrants, I speak out against treating all immigrants like criminal violent scum, I believe in freedom of religions (even though I have none) and I believe in trying to find solutions for immigration issues, not looking for scapegoats to monger hate against so the right wing populists can get more power.

So you just happened to make a post about America on a thread about Viktor Orban in the Europe forum. What's more, I have been commenting on what you said because your words are there clear to all. (In the European forum, on a European thread about a European country.)

As I said...I deflected.

So shoot me for it. (but don't pretend I said something I didn't)

When people get themselves into the bind of illogic the way you do with your constant self-contradictions, they do like the ape doth on the flagpole.

Anyone in your position possessing the remotest sense of self-awareness would stop climbing, but since no such possession appears to burden you, do carry on molesting the spectators with whatever unsightly view.

Just one of many pro-Russian governments inundating the EU and NATO right now. You've got Slovakia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Turkey, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Spain, Greece, the United States and - of course - Hungary (on top of that even France and Germany are pretty milquetoast with regard to their handling of the War in Ukraine). Even if he's not racist, he's obviously using this to push a simultaneously pro-Kremlin and Anti-EU agenda, like Italy and the others.

All Quiet on the Eastern Front?

Viktor Orban, the Hungarian conservative, together with Italian and Czech populists, are campaigning to lift sanctions imposed against Russia for military aggression in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom