• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough of this. You HAVE to show a photo ID AND Social Security card TO GET A JOB.

Why don’t absentee voters provide photo id if it’s so critical for election security?

They did in states that require it right?(Hint)

Funny. No leftists have responded. They know they have been called out, so they are trying not give this post attention and are dodging it.

I'm a Democrat. I support having to show a valid photo ID in order to vote. Here's the problem There are many forms of valid photo ID:drivers license, passport, college ID, work ID, welfare ID(in some states) passport card ID, state non-driver ID, tribal ID and others. Republicans, mostly Southern states where they are trying to restrict the votes of the poor and minorities have defined "valid" in such a way that it is almost impossible for the poor and minorities to possess such ID. If they have defined valid photo ID as something specialized specifically for voting they have created artificial barriers to getting one.

Photo IDs are made is seconds in many many places. Voter ID cards have, for some reason in states trying to restrict the vote, taken weeks to obtain; or the place to obtain them is difficult to get to; open only infrequently; has hours that conflict with working people's schedules; are few and far apart; located away from areas where the poor and minorities live.; require excessive documentation to obtain one. Each voter restricting state has thought up multiple ways to make voter photo ID's maximally difficult to get. This is not preventing voter fraud. This is just restricting the vote. It's Republicans cheating the poor and minorities out of their vote, on purpose

So don't go all wide eyed innocent on this issue pretending that fraud is a problem that you are just doing your civic duty to prevent. Voter fraud is not a problem in the US. Study after study has researched voter fraud and found that it has happened in such tiny numbers that they have no effect on the vote and ironically when there is fraud it's being committed by Republicans.

When Republicans vote to have special voter ID cards and set up centers in minority and poor districts, open at hours when working people can access them, accepting reasonable identification, charge a reasonable amount then we'll listen to your whining about how you're combating voter fraud. Until you make photo voter IDs easy, cheap and fast to get you are just committing voter fraud of another kind. Beware of whom you call liar.

Why don’t absentee voters provide photo id if it’s so critical for election security?

I don't know how it's possible I missed that one nor heard it said on talk news. It's so obvious.

Voter ID is inane. But at least be consistent and require absentee and mail-in voters to come down and get their mail-in ballot stamped as "ID'd" before mailing in. Hilarious.

I don't know how it's possible I missed that one nor heard it said on talk news. It's so obvious.

Voter ID is inane. But at least be consistent and require absentee and mail-in voters to come down and get their mail-in ballot stamped as "ID'd" before mailing in. Hilarious.

It's amusing watching proponents twist in the wind when the inconsistency is raised. Imagine telling all those 65+ absentee voters that they can't vote by mail any longer, they have to show up and present their ID.

Take my state?

I already showed ID when I registered to vote(Hint)

They did in states that require it right?(Hint)

LMAO... What states require a photo id to absentee vote? How does the absentee voter present this photo id?

I assume you know that anyone residing in Idaho can register by mail.

Idaho can do whatever Idaho wants to do. But frankly registration by mail does not make much sense to me.

Heck, I had to show a valid photo ID and Social Security card to get a job for people with disabilities that actually pays less than minimum wage. If you believe I’m making this business up, I can post a link if you’re interested. Also you need to show a valid photo ID to get welfare. You have to show a valid photo ID to open a bank account and cash a check. Enough of this nonsense.

Plus, EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED NATION requires a valid photo ID to vote. The Scandinavian countries that leftists seem to love also require a valid photo ID to vote. So please drop it with your lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't need a photo ID in Britain or France to vote. Australia is another country not requiring photo ID. Do your research more carefully.

Voter ID: Undermining your Right to Vote – Electoral Reform Society

EU Citizen Voting Rights in France -

Last edited:
Why?

Prove that purchasing from private sellers leads to more crimes than from FFLs.

First prove that voter id leads to less voter fraud.

You have a solution in search of a problem

Idaho can do whatever Idaho wants to do. But frankly registration by mail does not make much sense to me.

Why? People apply and are given mortgages, credit cards, car loans, etc. all the time online and never see the financial institution they are doing business with face to face. What is so unique about voting that a similar system with safeguards couldn't easily be put in place?

I assume you know that anyone residing in Idaho can register by mail.

No, I didn't, and if true I don't agree with it

I registered in person as someone should do

Why? People apply and are given mortgages, credit cards, car loans, etc. all the time online and never see the financial institution they are doing business with face to face. What is so unique about voting that a similar system with safeguards couldn't easily be put in place?

Really....you make a mortgage application or a car loan the equivalent of voter registration? Sorry...that one does not wash with me. Look at who we have for a President and tell me again that applying for a Mortgage or a car loan is the equal in importance of voter registration. If anything, you should have to present a photo ID and take a cognizance test to see if you are so comatose that you could vote for a shameless carpetbagging IDIOT like DonDon.:lol:

No, I didn't, and if true I don't agree with it

I registered in person as someone should do

LMAO.... Whether you agree or not, it's allowed under state law..

How can someone go through life without a job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grow your own food, create your own products to sell. Be creative.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Didn't you say states don't make the rules(LOL)

As long as those laws don't conflict with federal law like the NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION ACT OF 1993...

As long as those laws don't conflict with federal law like the NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION ACT OF 1993...

Okay..

So I take it that voter ID in the states that decided to do it is okay?

Okay..

So I take it that voter ID in the states that decided to do it is okay?

As long as they can get a federal court to agree, sure... It's can't be used a proof of citizenship test though... :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom