• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough of this. You HAVE to show a photo ID AND Social Security card TO GET A JOB.

Literally the first developed nation that I checked--England--does not require identification in order to vote.

So much for this horse**** thread.

Fair enough. Name five others.

Still, the only ones provided in that list that don't require ID were the US and UK.

That's wrong. Your argument is terrible.

Heck, I had to show a valid photo ID and Social Security card to get a job for people with disabilities that actually pays less than minimum wage. If you believe I’m making this business up, I can post a link if you’re interested. Also you need to show a valid photo ID to get welfare. You have to show a valid photo ID to open a bank account and cash a check. Enough of this nonsense.

Plus, EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED NATION requires a valid photo ID to vote. The Scandinavian countries that leftists seem to love also require a valid photo ID to vote. So please drop it with your lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A valid driver's license or state issued ID card should be mandated to vote to prove your identity.

I don't have to show ID to buy a gun.

Change that first

Why?

Prove that purchasing from private sellers leads to more crimes than from FFLs.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

How can someone go through life without a job?

Why cant an American citizen get a SS card? They are free.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Fair enough. Name five others.

Why?

In Argentina voting is compulsory...

In Australia voting is compulsory...

In Brazil voting is compulsory...

Heck, I had to show a valid photo ID and Social Security card to get a job for people with disabilities that actually pays less than minimum wage. If you believe I’m making this business up, I can post a link if you’re interested. Also you need to show a valid photo ID to get welfare. You have to show a valid photo ID to open a bank account and cash a check. Enough of this nonsense.

Plus, EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED NATION requires a valid photo ID to vote. The Scandinavian countries that leftists seem to love also require a valid photo ID to vote. So please drop it with your lies.

I have no problem with a photo ID, as long as the government goes out and makes sure every US citizen has one. None of this they have to come in or pay for it, the government has to make sure by going out to the citizens to insure they have a valid ID. Once that is done, no one should have a problem getting a job or voting. Why do I want this, because in my state they tried to make those wanting such an ID to pay a fee for it. The courts said it was illegal as that would be a poll tax that the SCOTUS had already ruled unconstitutional. What did the state do, they continue to make people pay until the court said it would put people inn jail if they did not stop. Now the state has closed many of the places you can get a valid ID, especially in areas that serve people who vote Dem. So, if we need to have a valid ID, then it is the government's responsibility to insure that citizens get one.

I have no problem with a photo ID, as long as the government goes out and makes sure every US citizen has one. None of this they have to come in or pay for it, the government has to make sure by going out to the citizens to insure they have a valid ID. Once that is done, no one should have a problem getting a job or voting. Why do I want this, because in my state they tried to make those wanting such an ID to pay a fee for it. The courts said it was illegal as that would be a poll tax that the SCOTUS had already ruled unconstitutional. What did the state do, they continue to make people pay until the court said it would put people inn jail if they did not stop. Now the state has closed many of the places you can get a valid ID, especially in areas that serve people who vote Dem. So, if we need to have a valid ID, then it is the government's responsibility to insure that citizens get one.

I tend to agree the government nees to make the ID accessible and free. When you say go out are you talking more along lines of mobile units that go to localities or do you see it as more of a house to house requirement.

You apparently didn't read my edited post. I also said after so many missed elections they send mail to your address verifying that you still are at that location and ask if you'd like to stay registered.

You who? Which state are you referring to and if the notice looks like junk mail....there is a good chance it will be tossed without ever being opened.

After missing ONE election in Ohio you are sent a rather innocuous notice....why....so the state can say they sent a notice that you missed ONE vote. Then if you miss two more in a row....you are GONE.

“Ohio is the only state that commences such a process based on the failure to vote in a single federal election cycle,” said a brief from the League of Women Voters and the Brennan Center for Justice. “Literally every other state uses a different, and more voter-protective, practice.”

Ohio has removed plenty of registered, legitimate voters this way. It was set to remove 235,000 more in 2019 but watchdogs caught up to their frigged up BS and stopped it because SLOPPY work and a lousy software program was simply bumping people off the rolls. Ohio had then been forced to make a statement that it would not attempt to remove more voters till after the 2020 election. But the key to all of these registration removal effort is to do it consistently and just at the right time. I am sure that depending on who is running Ohio voter suppression will rear its ugly head there again.

Ohio uses its obligation to run legit elections to justify its rather draconian process for clearing its voter rolls. Well if Ohio is going to use its responsibility to conduct a legit election as justification, THAT IS A TWO WAY STREET....apparently not in with trigged up world of the current GOP though.

Last edited:
A valid driver's license or state issued ID card should be mandated to vote to prove your identity.

How often. You need those ID's to REGISTER to vote. You don't need them at the polls to actually vote.

Worth pointing out that Donnie boy has finally found an issue important enough to push his administration's LAUGHABLE response to COVID off the A block in some news broadcasts, his USPS nonsense. Not that he wasn't looking for one or anything. Ah-huh

You who? Which state are you referring to and if the notice looks like junk mail....there is a good chance it will be tossed without ever being opened.

After missing ONE election in Ohio you are sent a rather innocuous notice....why....so the state can say they sent a notice that you missed ONE vote. Then if you miss two more in a row....you are GONE.

“Ohio is the only state that commences such a process based on the failure to vote in a single federal election cycle,” said a brief from the League of Women Voters and the Brennan Center for Justice. “Literally every other state uses a different, and more voter-protective, practice.”

Ohio has removed plenty of registered, legitimate voters this way. It was set to remove 235,000 more in 2019 but watchdogs caught up to their frigged up BS and stopped it because SLOPPY work and a lousy software program was simply bumping people off the rolls. Ohio had then been forced to make a statement that it would not attempt to remove more voters till after the 2020 election. But the key to all of these registration removal effort is to do it consistently and just at the right time. I am sure that depending on who is running Ohio voter suppression will rear its ugly head there again.

Ohio uses its obligation to run legit elections to justify its rather draconian process for clearing its voter rolls. Well if Ohio is going to use its responsibility to conduct a legit election as justification, THAT IS A TWO WAY STREET....apparently not in with trigged up world of the current GOP though.

Frank LaRose is as slimy as they come.

Is the official photo ID a definitive legal requirement though? Is the employer required to see photo ID or are they actually just required to be confident that they have correctly identified the candidate? I'd expect all of these systems will have processes to account for the situation where the person doesn't have suitable photo ID available, using other forms of ID or third-party validation.

That isn't quite true - we don't in the UK for example. It's also worth noting that a number of those countries have mandatory national ID cards. Maybe you could propose that as a solution to your fellow Americans. :cool:

Perhaps with him residing in both states?

So how does he provide photo I’d when he mails his ballot? Does he include a photocopy with his ballot?

So how does he provide photo I’d when he mails his ballot? Does he include a photocopy with his ballot?

Perhaps he already did when he applied to vote in Florida?

Perhaps he already did when he applied to vote in Florida?

He applied via mail. Florida has no requirement to show a photo id to register.

Then get on it Tex and fix it!(LOL)

Why don’t absentee voters provide photo id if it’s so critical for election security?

Back
Top Bottom