• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Emanuel Macron ou Marine Le Pen - who do you prefer as President of France?

Emanuelle Macron ou Marine Le Pen - who do you prefer as President of France?

• Emanuelle Macron

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • Marine Le Pen

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
So two people so far voted Nazi.
Interesting.
I think only real Nazis should be named "Nazi".
Nowadays "Nazi" is used inflationary for anybody, meaning simply: "somebody I dis-agree with".

That said, I'd like to add that I am pro-Macron. :)

This time it is a single choice.
And there can be no "other".
The old Romans had a Latin phrase for that: "Tertium non datur = there is no third thing!"

A little history on Le Penn. Her father was a notorious neo-fascist who was thrown out of politics for being a neo-fascist. Marine Le Penn has been trying to rebrand the National Front (a neo-fascist party) as merely a hateful anti-immigrant party, as well as rehabilitate her father's reputation. Apparently the Le Penn family will be running for office until the end of time.

I think only real Nazis should be named "Nazi".
Nowadays "Nazi" is used inflationary for anybody, meaning simply: "somebody I dis-agree with".

That said, I'd like to add that I am pro-Macron. :)

I'm anti-Macron, and so is most of France, but those are the choices. The reason Macron's popularity numbers have courted a fascist challenger is because that's what neo-liberal policies do. They make people so ****ing angry that they look for alternatives in the worst places.

A little history on Le Penn. Her father was a notorious neo-fascist who was thrown out of politics for being a neo-fascist. Marine Le Penn has been trying to rebrand the National Front (a neo-fascist party) as merely a hateful anti-immigrant party, as well as rehabilitate her father's reputation. Apparently the Le Penn family will be running for office until the end of time.
And then there is also Marion Maréchal - once called: Maréchal-Le Pen. :)

I vote other.

I am not French. I do not live in France.

As far as I am concerned, the French can pick whomever they wish.

None of my business. :coffee:
This is the right answer.

about Marion Maréchal:

Marion Jeanne Caroline Maréchal (French pronunciation: [maʁjɔ̃ maʁeʃal]; born Le Pen, 10 December 1989), known as Marion Maréchal-Le Pen from 2010 to 2018, is a French politician, part of the Le Pen family, granddaughter of National Front (renamed National Rally in 2018) founder Jean-Marie Le Pen and niece of its current leader Marine Le Pen.

She is a former member of the National Front and served as the member of the National Assembly for the 3rd constituency of Vaucluse from 2012 to 2017. Aged 22 years at the time of her election, she became France's youngest parliamentarian in modern political history. After the 2015 regional election, for which she received the best result for a FN candidate, she became the Leader of the Opposition in the Regional Council of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.

Emanuel Macron ou Marine Le Pen - who do you prefer as President of France?
It's a lose lose really, but yeah, I'll take the simpering neoliberal servant of the rich over the Putin apologist and xenophobe.

While I personally would opt for Macron out of desperate necessity as a lesser evil, I can, in some capacity, understand those who cannot bear to vote for him and his Americanization/creeping plutocratization of his country.

Last edited:
Where does this "Marine" come from?
Marine Le Pen was born as: Marion Anne Perrine Le Pen

I'm anti-Macron, and so is most of France, but those are the choices. The reason Macron's popularity numbers have courted a fascist challenger is because that's what neo-liberal policies do. They make people so ****ing angry that they look for alternatives in the worst places.

I'm generally in your camp, but I have zero sympathy for people who's reasoning runs something along the lines of "your neoliberalism made me a fascist." As far as I'm concerned, fascists are fascists because they choose to be.

Curious career arc. In the United States a public defender and a Nazi would generally be on the opposite sides of the aisle.
Let me repeat: Only real Nazis should be called "Nazi".
Exception: If one's first name is "Ignatius" - this used to be shortened to "Nazi" once in Bavaria etc.

Btw: In my home town there was a bakery. The Great Grandfather's name had been "Ignatius Eckerle".
And so that family was called: "the Baker Nazis" - before there had been any Nazis as a political movement.

The elections are now just one day away.

What you need to know ....

Mocked as the sun king, Macron's chief hurdle is his image as an out-of-touch elite. His term has been marked by ups and downs. The so-called yellow-vest movement in 2018 was triggered by his business-friendly policies and tax cuts for the wealthy.

Le Pen, a far-right populist from the National Rally party has campaigned on a hard line on immigration and upholding traditional French identity, as well as helping struggling households.

But she has been criticized in Europe for her 2017 stance against the EU and NATO — currently two major players in the response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. She is often criticized as being cozy with autocrats.

Now here:

28 x Macron
02 x Le Pen

Now it is: either- or!

No third possibility.

French elections: Macron ahead of Le Pen in polls​

In less than an hour from now we'll know some first results ....

Victory for the center.

Another defeat for populism.

Long Live a united Europe & the NATO alliance.

Also not sure who told Zelensky to shut his mouth the last 2 days however well done. Everything else is just irrelevant.

If Marine LePen wins, I will personally change my name to Populist for 1 week instead of Centrist. That's how sure I am, she has no chance. Also great thanks to the far left populists that understand is better for Macron to lead -> than a right-wing Putin close associate. Did she pay that loan? Oh no, it was disappeared through some Russian offshore accounts.

I used to live over there. The politics are very different and what is left and right, is not the same as here. Vive La France!

Next time cite my post correctly.

"It reads: I vote OTHER."

I am not rendering a position in the election.

I am stating clearly it is none of my business as I am neither a French citizen, nor an expatriate of that nation.

I am unconcerned about who gets elected because it is "none of my business."

Although I often find it amusing when people who are not involved/impacted offer unsolicited opinions on a subject they have no business with either.

Your ad hominem response is denied.

Tagline time :coffee:

It's funny that you think elections in France have no profound impacts on the US or rest of the world. Haha! Very funny.

My main beef with Marine le Pen is that the Pens are practically unelectable. They have this albatross around their necks in the form of an alliance across the political spectrum that always coalesces against them. I am more a Sakorzy man, sans the alleged corruption of course :)

My main beef with Marine le Pen is that the Pens are practically unelectable. They have this albatross around their necks in the form of an alliance across the political spectrum that always coalesces against them. I am more a Sakorzy man, sans the alleged corruption of course :)
Really? I thought you were a Hollande kind of guy :D:D:D

at present

58 percent Macron
41 percent Le Pen

Back
Top Bottom