• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk says Trump to be "reinstated" to Twitter

Why Trump and not Alex Jones?

I pointed out that having 10 children is consistent with his repeated pronouncements that he believed a big risk to our society is a low birth rate. He's putting his money where his mouth is. Do try to keep up.

I did not move any goalpost. I am still arguing that those alleging that he has the emotional age of an 11 year old are saying so without any evidence.

As for, she's hot - that's called an "aside." Her fetchingness is not evidence of Musk's emotional age. She is quite hot, and it looks like she may have been an inspiration for his Twitter purchase in the first place. See the article I linked to.
He gets that idea from his dad, who just had a child with his own step daughter. FYI his dads step daughter was only 2 when he married her mother. I agree that his treatment of women isn’t necessarily a sign of emotional immaturity. It’s more of a sign of misogyny.

Let’s just say you can get away with a lot when you’re rich and famous, but the mass exodus of women from Twitter should tell you something.

But let’s speak of business acumen. Before Musk bought it, Twitter had 4 billion in revenue (~3.6 from ads), say 2 billion in payroll, very little debt, and was losing 250 + million per year. Musk saddled Twitter with an additional Billion per year just in interest payments on additional debt. That math just doesn’t work. You’d have to cut 50-75% of payroll and tread water on revenue just to keep Twitter in the financial shape it was in before you bought it.

Would anyone argue that buying Twitter is anything other than emotionally driven decision making?

Unlike the "adults in the room" who altruistic to a fault, totally giving and caring, and always taking the interests of the common person to heart, selflessly fighting against multinational corporations, the military industrial complex, and the security State. That's why they faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident, because they aren't selfish. That's why they peddled a false story in the early 1990s about Iraqi soldiers murdering infants in Kuwait, because they aren't selfish. That's why they conducted a no fly zone and imposed ruinous sanctions over Iraq for 10 years which killed 600,000 innocent people, that's why they faked WMD in Iraq, that's why they kept us in Afghanistan for 20 years and spent a trillion dollars to kill hundreds of thousands of people (and keep the opium trade alive), that's why they meddled in Nicaragua, ElSalvador, Ukraine, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile, etc, because they're good people. That's why they toppled Mossadegh in Iran and installed a brutal dictatorship and the Shah. That's why they prop up Saudi Arabia. That's why they create an overly complex tax code that gives unfair benefits to the very wealthy and large multinational corporations -- because they are not selfish.

That's why they waste hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money and their salaries on hit jobs on their opponents, rather than doing their legislative and Presidential duties - because they are nice.

Trump was the first lousy, selfish, creep to hold office. Good thing we are back to competence, adult behavior, generosity and selfless altruism.

/s
Oh-the jackass wasn’t the first person on the planet to be selfish-he’s just the best at it.

I disagree. You give him far too much credit. These MAGATS were already out there. They just needed a lightning rod to be drawn to. Remember: although he won an election only about 30% of the citizens here are in his camp. The are the deplorables, the MAGATS, the degenerates-fools who are willing to swallow lies from anyone who thinks (and I use the term loosely) like them.
Normal people find such thinking disgusting.
It is a mistake to underestimate Trump.

It is a mistake to underestimate Trump.

None the less, the sewer of bigotry, ignorance, misogyny, fear and xenophobia was well stocked before trump emerged.

He just said it out loud, in your face.

No other mainstream politician has embraced right wing hate groups the way trump did. At least, not since the days of Storm Thurmond and James O Eastland, neither of whom ever had a prayer of higher office.

Race baiting had been a GOP standard for some time. It’s a constant on right wing talk radio.

None the less, the sewer of bigotry, ignorance, misogyny, fear and xenophobia was well stocked before trump emerged.

No other mainstream politician has embraced right wing hate groups the way trump did. At least, not since the days of Storm Thurmond and James O Eastland, neither of whom ever had a prayer of higher office.

Race baiting had been a GOP standard for some time. It’s a constant on right wing talk radio.

hmmm

Definitely, race-baiting is all the rage in the Republican party. DeSantis has seized on that with his anti-woke campaign.

Total code for "Calling all unadmitted racists!"

Imagine; - being against teaching about racism in schools. The opposite of tolerance is intolerance. Diversity is either supported or it is rejected.

To reject diversity is to be intolerant. To redefine what it means to be woke is intolerance. It is averse racism.

This has infected school boards. They want to ban books, rewrite history, control curriculum, control public education at best, kill it at worst.

The first thing he claimed in that video is simply not true. Trump absolutely encouraged lawless behavior. It was his idea for the crowd to go to the capitol, but such a march was not part of his event permit. There was no security for a march to the capitol. Trump fired them all up with stochastic terrorism speech. He told them if they didn't fight like hell, they would not have a country any more.

No fighting was required for us to continue to have a country. That crowd trashed the capitol and did not stop Congress from certifying the election. The country went on just fine. We got a new president and here we are two years later and we still have a country.

Many a defendant in capital attack violence cases have said they did what they did because they believed Trump. They thought they were saving America. Their beliefs became extreme because Trump essentially told them if they didn't do something to stop Biden it would mean the end of America.

Trump fired them up and illegally sent them to the capitol without a permit because Trump wanted to disrupt the certification. Trump saw that as the only way to remain in office. The January 6th Congressional investigation has shown that. Now it has been referred to a special prosecutor for criminal investigation, and it's about time. The American people have been wondering just how much Trump could get away with without facing consequences.

The first thing he claimed in that video is simply not true. Trump absolutely encouraged lawless behavior. It was his idea for the crowd to go to the capitol, but such a march was not part of his event permit. There was no security for a march to the capitol. Trump fired them all up with stochastic terrorism speech. He told them if they didn't fight like hell, they would not have a country any more.

but Trump also said demonstrate peacefully - "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech.

No fighting was required for us to continue to have a country. That crowd trashed the capitol and did not stop Congress from certifying the election. The country went on just fine. We got a new president and here we are two years later and we still have a country.

Many a defendant in capital attack violence cases have said they did what they did because they believed Trump. They thought they were saving America. Their beliefs became extreme because Trump essentially told them if they didn't do something to stop Biden it would mean the end of America.

Trump fired them up and illegally sent them to the capitol without a permit because Trump wanted to disrupt the certification. Trump saw that as the only way to remain in office. The January 6th Congressional investigation has shown that. Now it has been referred to a special prosecutor for criminal investigation, and it's about time. The American people have been wondering just how much Trump could get away with without facing consequences.

I imagine their lawyers said deflect everything to Trump for lesser sentences ? protesting without permits happen all the time - BLM and ANTIFA are brilliant at it, and city riots too

but Trump also said demonstrate peacefully - "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech.

Sure, he did. That's part of stochastic terrorism. Always send mixed messages and include proper messaging to cover his legal bases.

""This is what stochastic terrorism is," she [AOC] said. "When you use a very large platform to turn up the temperature and target an individual until something happens.""

AOC is so smart. I never even heard of the term. But it is not new at all. Stochastic terrorism has been around for a long time. It's time for us all to know about this term. It is one of Trump's tools. Trump can cause violence with his mouth and then claim he didn't mean for that to happen. Very slick.

I imagine their lawyers said deflect everything to Trump for lesser sentences ? protesting without permits happen all the time - BLM and ANTIFA are brilliant at it, and city riots too
Making whataboutism excuses is no defense. It's false. It's really just trying to claim that two wrongs make a right, which they do not. If something was wrong when antifa did it, it is still wrong if others do it subsequently.

And I'll tell you one thing that nobody will dispute. If BLM had attacked the capitol on January 6th, Trump would have done far more much more quickly to end it than waiting until the end of the day to send a tweet saying he loves you, go home.

There is no question Trump caused January 6th to try to illegally remain in power after having been voted out.

Last edited:
Definitely, race-baiting is all the rage in the Republican party. DeSantis has seized on that with his anti-woke campaign.

Total code for "Calling all unadmitted racists!"

Imagine; - being against teaching about racism in schools. The opposite of tolerance is intolerance. Diversity is either supported or it is rejected.

To reject diversity is to be intolerant. To redefine what it means to be woke is intolerance. It is averse racism.

This has infected school boards. They want to ban books, rewrite history, control curriculum, control public education at best, kill it at worst.

In a move right out of the trump playbook, DiSantis and various other right wing reactionaries have hijacked “woke” and made it into a racist code word.

Demonizing decency, tolerance, respect and embracing diversity.

Not that belittling these things are new. Right wingers have always ridiculed decency, and tried to portray decent people as “snowflakes” or the catalog of other insults of the moment.

Hummmmm.

On June 1st, 2020, BLM was leading a peaceful protest at Lafayette Square. Their permit expired at 7PM.

Trump ordered the National Guard attack at 6:30. And then paraded for the cameras with a bible he found in a dresser drawer.

Trump became the first President to order Federal troops to attack a peaceful, legally assembled crowd since Herbert Hoover cleared out the Bonus Army.

A year later, the trump mob at the Capitol had no permits at all. And Trump openly urged his mob to violate the permit for the assembly at the Ellipse and walk 16 blocks to join the unpermitted mob at the Capitol. The Proud Boys agitators were at both locations. They brought the noose and assembled their attack phlanxes.

trump and his Proud Boy militia didn’t need no stinking permits!

Last edited:
Hummmmm.

On June 1st, 2020, BLM was leading a peaceful protest at Lafayette Square. Their permit expired at 7PM.

Trump ordered the National Guard attack at 6:30. And then paraded for the cameras with a bible he found in a dresser drawer.

Trump became the first President to order Federal troops to attack a peaceful, legally assembled crowd since Herbert Hoover cleared out the Bonus Army.

A year later, the trump mob at the Capitol had no permits at all. And Trump openly urged his mob to violate the permit for the assembly at the Ellipse and walk 16 blocks to join the unpermitted mob at the Capitol. The Proud Boys agitators were at both locations. They brought the noose and assembled their attack phlanxes.

trump and his Proud Boy militia didn’t need no stinking permits!

no permits required !

In a move right out of the trump playbook, DiSantis and various other right wing reactionaries have hijacked “woke” and made it into a racist code word.

Not that belittling these things are new. Right wingers have always ridiculed decency, and tried to portray decent people as “snowflakes” or the catalog of other insults of the moment.
DeSantis style and message is going to ring well with the base. The base seems to be attracted to rude, insulting loudmouth bullies. However, DeSantis is sending his message loud and clear...as President he will not represent all Americans or anyone who thinks differently than him or challenges him. It will play well in the primaries but not in the general. I used to think he could win but if the Dems field the right candidate I think he loses independents......real independents.

What’s your point?

Your claim about trump telling people to protest peacefully is bogus on its face. He made comments like that, but was more likely to incite violence. The trump mob didn’t bright their guns, mace, body armor, zip ties, or the noose with peaceful intent.

Maybe you wanted to shop the racist right wing notion that miscellaneous riots are the same thing as an insurrection.

Last edited:
What’s your point?

Your claim about trump telling people to protest peacefully is bogus on its face. He made comments like that, but was more likely to incite violence. The trump mob didn’t bright their guns, mace, body armor, zip ties, or the noose with peaceful intent.

Maybe you wanted to shop the racist right wing notion that miscellaneous riots are the same thing as an insurrection.

good, we now agree Trump said multiple time and often for peaceful protests

you can try and believe they meant something else, but never again can you say he didn't talk about peaceful protesting, he absolutely DID call for peaceful protesting

So true.

It is clear that anti-woke now equals racist dog whistle.

And DeSantis is blowing it.

you can try and believe they meant something else, but never again can you say he didn't talk about peaceful protesting, he absolutely DID call for peaceful protesting
Whoa. You got em there. Trump is a regular peacenik. Now you can have a nice glass of milk and pronounce yourself the winner!

Yes, we can both agree that your beloved fuhrer talked out of both sides of his mouth regularly.

I don’t have any trouble believing that he meant something else. He usually said so.

Like when he told the Proud Boys to “stand down and stand by”.

They got the message, as we have seen.

And when they acted on your fuhrer’s “peaceful” message, they brought their guns, nooses, pepper spray, body armor and zip ties.

And “peaceful” trump sat in the White House dining room watching the chaos, and enjoyed every minute of it. So much so, that he refused to try and stop it.

Yes, we can both agree that your beloved fuhrer talked out of both sides of his mouth regularly.

I don’t have any trouble believing that he meant something else. He usually said so.

Like when he told the Proud Boys to “stand down and stand by”.

They got the message, as we have seen.

And when they acted on your fuhrer’s “peaceful” message, they brought their guns, nooses, pepper spray, body armor and zip ties.

And “peaceful” trump sat in the White House dining room watching the chaos, and enjoyed every minute of it. So much so, that he refused to try and stop it.

what does Biden or Hillary say that you believe the opposite of? I mean really, you believe the opposite of what everyone says all the time or cherry pick to suit your political needs or ??

I don't know why you are using "fuhrer" ...... it contributes nothing to the discussion does it ?

what does Biden or Hillary say that you believe the opposite of? I mean really, you believe the opposite of what everyone says all the time or cherry pick to suit your political needs or ??

I don't know why you are using "fuhrer" ...... it contributes nothing to the discussion does it ?
Your description is accurate, very descriptive and uneasily understood. Yet still tough for Trumpers to respond to intelligently.

Your description is accurate, very descriptive and uneasily understood. Yet still tough for Trumpers to respond to intelligently.

I voted Trump in 2016 because I highly dislike Hillary.
I voted Trump in 2020 because I feared the Democrats would spend billions and created record inflation and such (and they did)

But I'm conservative - I doubt I could ever vote Democrat because of their core platform views of guns, police, fair/equal policies, abortion etc

I'm not "Trumper" .... I don't like Trump as a person. I'll vote Desantis in the primaries if he runs and hope he's our GOP candidate for 2024

I voted Trump in 2016 because I highly dislike Hillary.
I voted Trump in 2020 because I feared the Democrats would spend billions and created record inflation and such (and they did)

But I'm conservative - I doubt I could ever vote Democrat because of their core platform views of guns, police, fair/equal policies, abortion etc

I'm not "Trumper" .... I don't like Trump as a person. I'll vote Desantis in the primaries if he runs and hope he's our GOP candidate for 2024
Do you really believe we could have avoided inflation if someone else was President? If so, how?

Do you really believe we could have avoided inflation if someone else was President? If so, how?

we don't know what would have happened

what we DO know, is that this administration has been setting records on gas prices, inflation, illegal numbers, record covid deaths, spending etc etc .......... I remember many a days of discussion the 2020 election what if Trump was elected again and what we've seen with Biden is far far worse than was predicted if we'd have had Trump

records are being set by Biden ... not good ones either

Back
Top Bottom