• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk says Trump to be "reinstated" to Twitter

Emotional maturity and intellectual maturity are not the same thing. One can be a successful businessman without the ability to relate to normal adults.

Yes, it doesn't happen often, but the acquisition of wealth does not preclude one from being emotionally immature.
Musk has demonstrated time and again the ability to relate to normal adults, moreso than most people. A guy who can relate to normal adults enough to run large organizations of people, deal with governments and multinational corporations, etc., is not an 11 year old equivalent. He has a sense of humor. I don't see the evidence of him being emotionally elementary school level, but I am comfortable agreeing to disagree.

Musk has demonstrated time and again the ability to relate to normal adults, moreso than most people.
Billionaire-Elon-Musk-And-Girlfriend-Grimes-Welcome-Their-First-Child-Together.-1000x600.jpg

Musk has demonstrated time and again the ability to relate to normal adults, moreso than most people. A guy who can relate to normal adults enough to run large organizations of people, deal with governments and multinational corporations, etc., is not an 11 year old equivalent. He has a sense of humor. I don't see the evidence of him being emotionally elementary school level, but I am comfortable agreeing to disagree.
11 is a stretch, but one can run a company and have the emotional maturity of an 18 year old. The two are not mutually exclusive

Musk's condition is not known to us, but his wealth and business experience are not arguments that support emotional maturity. That's all I'm saying. I really don't care about Musk.

11 is a stretch, but one can run a company and have the emotional maturity of an 18 year old. The two are not mutually exclusive

Musk's condition is not known to us, but his wealth and business experience are not arguments that support emotional maturity. That's all I'm saying. I really don't care about Musk.
I think they are absolutely some evidence of emotional maturity, because it is absolutely true that emotion immaturity is not conducive to success in business and the accumulation of wealth. Emotional immaturity tends to make people irresponsible and incapable of dealing well with others.

I think they are absolutely some evidence of emotional maturity, because it is absolutely true that emotion immaturity is not conducive to success in business and the accumulation of wealth. Emotional immaturity tends to make people irresponsible and incapable of dealing well with others.
That doesn't mean they can't run a company.

Emotional immaturity has nothing to do with irresponsibility. Indeed, some can be more responsible because of the fear involved with emotionally immature people. There are 10 year olds who are more responsible than 30 year olds. Other things are at work here.

Your opinion is based on what we normally expect, and in that sense, you are correct. But what we normally expect does not preclude the exceptions to the rule. Musk may be one of those exceptions. And again, whether he is or not is irrelevant to my point.

That doesn't mean they can't run a company.

Emotional immaturity has nothing to do with irresponsibility.
If that's the case, then what DOES it have to do with? And what is the criticism of Musk, then, if he does have the emotional maturity of an 11 year old? If it doesn't impact his level of responsibility, doesn't impact his level of business ability, doesn't impact his ability to work and make money, and apparently doesn't impact his ability to meet and fall in love with women, have and support children, etc., then why is it a criticism at all? Why shouldn't he, then, run Twitter, since his emotional immaturity doesn't impact negatively his ability to function in daily life at all?
Indeed, some can be more responsible because of the fear involved with emotionally immature people. There are 10 year olds who are more responsible than 30 year olds. Other things are at work here.
Then what is the relevance of him being an emotional 11 year old?
Your opinion is based on what we normally expect, and in that sense, you are correct. But what we normally expect does not preclude the exceptions to the rule. Musk may be one of those exceptions. And again, whether he is or not is irrelevant to my point.
So then why is it even a criticism of him? What's the negative?

If that's the case, then what DOES it have to do with? And what is the criticism of Musk, then, if he does have the emotional maturity of an 11 year old? If it doesn't impact his level of responsibility, doesn't impact his level of business ability, doesn't impact his ability to work and make money, and apparently doesn't impact his ability to meet and fall in love with women, have and support children, etc., then why is it a criticism at all? Why shouldn't he, then, run Twitter, since his emotional immaturity doesn't impact negatively his ability to function in daily life at all?

Then what is the relevance of him being an emotional 11 year old?

So then why is it even a criticism of him? What's the negative?
Dude, I'm not part of the crowd calling Musk an 11 year old. How many times do I have to say it? I'm not talking about Musk. Unbunch your panties.

You are correct in your assumptions here - as applied to the general public. That doesn't mean that someone with power and money needs maturity to run a company. They have power and money.

It's hope is to be rid of the controlling interests who have determined American policy and fueled the war machine for the past 50-60 years. They manufacture consent.

That's fine, but the ones that were telling us that we needed to get rid of Trump, and "get back to" the honorable people who were in charge pe-Trump are the bad guys -- they are the war criminals - they committed war crimes in Korea, in Vietnam, in Chile, in Nicaragua, in El Salvador, in Panama, In the Persian Gulf War, in the Iraq War, in Libya, in Syria, in Yemen - they interfered with governments all over the world - they interfered with democracies all over the world - as late as 2014 they supported a coup in Ukraine.

The "adults in the room" were and are war criminals, and they serve their own interests. They are not there trying to serve our American dream.
They are doing what they are compelled to do. There are a lot of hands on the steering wheel. We, The People, mostly don't want to even try, consider it hopeless. It is a self-fulfilling attitude. We need to change that. The powers to be do what we want them to when we stand up to the big money elites. We simply don't do it often enough. Apathy is the antipathy of the American Dream.

Thank you. I know there is a level of animosity here and it's sadly contagious. I stand against that.

I totally agree we need to oppose war, and I appreciate that Trump did a good job of resisting that. I think he only did that because he couldn't see how it would work in his favor. I don't get that he really cares about other people at all. He had a chance to end the Afghanistan war but failed to follow through because a) It wasn't easy, and b) It was bound to be bad publicity. Democracy Now media source has anti war sentiment:

I disagree that Trump has any intention of ending legalized corruption in American government. He benefits from it. He merely wants people to think he is anti-corruption. It is a ruse. He is excellent at fooling people. Trump is the world's greatest con man. And quite corrupt. He used a 'fixer' lawyer to get a special exemption from paying taxes on a luxury high rise in New York City after City Council denied his request. Trump Tower uses city services but pays no taxes. Ridiculous.
The only thing the jackass EVER cares about is himself. He isn’t even a good con man. Look at all the people on DP who see right through his bs.
And we aren’t even that smart!

They are doing what they are compelled to do. There are a lot of hands on the steering wheel. We, The People, mostly don't want to even try, consider it hopeless. It is a self-fulfilling attitude. We need to change that. The powers to be do what we want them to when we stand up to the big money elites. We simply don't do it often enough. Apathy is the antipathy of the American Dream.
SpousesJustine Wilson
(m. 2000; div. 2008)
Talulah Riley
(m. 2010; div. 2012)
(m. 2013; div. 2016)
PartnerGrimes (2018–2021)[1]
Children10
He puts his money where his mouth is.... and other things are..... He's said many times that “population collapse due to low birth rates is a much bigger risk to civilization than global warming.” He's doing his part, quite rationally.

That Talulah Riley is quite fetching. She also may have been the inspiration for the Twitter buyout. https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-talulah-riley-exwife-babylon-bee-hbo-1849612817

I'd be surprised if he didn't.

I'd be surprised if he can see his shoes without a mirror.

The main point here is that America's most notorious traitor has a renewed vehicle for demagoguery, thanks to a wealthy, fascist foreigner's horrible business deal.

What could go wrong?

He puts his money where his mouth is.... and other things are..... He's said many times that “population collapse due to low birth rates is a much bigger risk to civilization than global warming.” He's doing his part, quite rationally.

That Talulah Riley is quite fetching. She also may have been the inspiration for the Twitter buyout. https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-talulah-riley-exwife-babylon-bee-hbo-1849612817
Oh yeah, his emotional maturity is shown....with multiple wives....10 children, spread around the world. I'm sure he spends a lot of time on each providing attentive care.

Nice goalpost move.

"Oooh....she's hot!"

Well played

I'd be surprised if he can see his shoes without a mirror.

The main point here is that America's most notorious traitor has a renewed vehicle for demagoguery, thanks to a wealthy, fascist foreigner's horrible business deal.

What could go wrong?

Donald Trump could not rise to the bait and not bother to go back on Twitter…..

That’s what could go wrong.

Musk’s bet is that if he can get all the crazies who are roaming around between Parler, Rumble, Mastadon and Telegram if trump merely summons them back to Twitter.

And get Fox nation in the bargain.

The only fly in the ointment is trump (as usual).

Trump can stay on his platform. After all, his disciples repost all his nonsense on Twitter anyway.

And trump, true to his nature, will expect Musk to pay him. Which Musk isn’t going to do.

Musk is trying to appeal to the trump lunatic fringe in the hope of attracting a large enough audience of VERIFIABLE accounts that advertisers will come back and pay.

The only thing the jackass EVER cares about is himself. He isn’t even a good con man. Look at all the people on DP who see right through his bs.
Trump is the world's greatest con man. He got approx half the US voters to believe known lies, took over a flailing political party with his BS, and has a death grip on American politics simply with his mouth. He is very adept at owning the media and getting free publicity. Millions want to hear what he has to say just because they are enamored with his slick talk. He cleverly inserts himself into a major story to get tag-along publicity. When there is a bad story about him, he invents some other issue by saying something outrageous and gets the whole news cycle to leave the bad story aside. He did that with the Hamilton players when Pence went to a show in order do take the news cycle away from the way he settled for $25 million in his defunct and fraudulent 'Trump University.' He is as clever a PR man as ever there was.

He also very adeptly uses stochastic terrorism to get extremists to do things like attack the capitol on January 6th, but he never actually told them to do precisely that. Instead he hinted all around it, and made Congress and Pence out to be some kind of horrible enemy of the state. Nancy Pelosi's husband was attacked partially because of the way Trump dehumanized and disrespected her.

He gets people to vote for stupid stuff; and gets thugs to do physical attacks on others, all with his mouth.

Trump is the world's greatest con man. He got approx half the US voters to believe known lies, took over a flailing political party with his BS, and has a death grip on American politics simply with his mouth. He is very adept at owning the media and getting free publicity. Millions want to hear what he has to say just because they are enamored with his slick talk. He cleverly inserts himself into a major story to get tag-along publicity. When there is a bad story about him, he invents some other issue by saying something outrageous and gets the whole news cycle to leave the bad story aside. He did that with the Hamilton players when Pence went to a show in order do take the news cycle away from the way he settled for $25 million in his defunct and fraudulent 'Trump University.' He is as clever a PR man as ever there was.

He also very adeptly uses stochastic terrorism to get extremists to do things like attack the capitol on January 6th, but he never actually told them to do precisely that. Instead he hinted all around it, and made Congress and Pence out to be some kind of horrible enemy of the state. Nancy Pelosi's husband was attacked partially because of the way Trump dehumanized and disrespected her.

He gets people to vote for stupid stuff; and gets thugs to do physical attacks on others, all with his mouth.
I disagree. You give him far too much credit. These MAGATS were already out there. They just needed a lightning rod to be drawn to. Remember: although he won an election only about 30% of the citizens here are in his camp. The are the deplorables, the MAGATS, the degenerates-fools who are willing to swallow lies from anyone who thinks (and I use the term loosely) like them.
Normal people find such thinking disgusting.

Oh yeah, his emotional maturity is shown....with multiple wives....10 children, spread around the world. I'm sure he spends a lot of time on each providing attentive care.
I pointed out that having 10 children is consistent with his repeated pronouncements that he believed a big risk to our society is a low birth rate. He's putting his money where his mouth is. Do try to keep up.
Nice goalpost move.

"Oooh....she's hot!"

Well played
I did not move any goalpost. I am still arguing that those alleging that he has the emotional age of an 11 year old are saying so without any evidence.

As for, she's hot - that's called an "aside." Her fetchingness is not evidence of Musk's emotional age. She is quite hot, and it looks like she may have been an inspiration for his Twitter purchase in the first place. See the article I linked to.

Unlike the "adults in the room" who altruistic to a fault, totally giving and caring, and always taking the interests of the common person to heart, selflessly fighting against multinational corporations, the military industrial complex, and the security State. That's why they faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident, because they aren't selfish. That's why they peddled a false story in the early 1990s about Iraqi soldiers murdering infants in Kuwait, because they aren't selfish. That's why they conducted a no fly zone and imposed ruinous sanctions over Iraq for 10 years which killed 600,000 innocent people, that's why they faked WMD in Iraq, that's why they kept us in Afghanistan for 20 years and spent a trillion dollars to kill hundreds of thousands of people (and keep the opium trade alive), that's why they meddled in Nicaragua, ElSalvador, Ukraine, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile, etc, because they're good people. That's why they toppled Mossadegh in Iran and installed a brutal dictatorship and the Shah. That's why they prop up Saudi Arabia. That's why they create an overly complex tax code that gives unfair benefits to the very wealthy and large multinational corporations -- because they are not selfish.

That's why they waste hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money and their salaries on hit jobs on their opponents, rather than doing their legislative and Presidential duties - because they are nice.

Trump was the first lousy, selfish, creep to hold office. Good thing we are back to competence, adult behavior, generosity and selfless altruism.

/s

Back
Top Bottom