• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk May Combine Tesla, Space X and Twitter Into New ‘Super Company’

I highly doubt it. But even if he did, changing Twitter for the better wouldn't matter that much. Because Twitter doesn't matter that much.
Objectively, no, it doesn't. Compared to the MAU (monthly active users) count of other social media applications, it doesn't rank that high at all.

Screenshot 2022-04-22 201020.jpg
Source

I suppose if he was looking to change the algorithm to get people to use social media less, that would be a positive change. But I doubt that's what he has in mind.
That would only make sense if he is interested in killing off Twitter since lack of engagement would kill the app's ad revenue.
;)

Nope. He will allow all views that are currently being stifled by the woke cancel culture high tech giants.
Which is great in theory, but when you expand this to what some refer to as "free speech", you're still going to end up with a lot of unhappy campers who feel they can't express their ideas freely. What I would like to know is how Musk's reconciled free speech and maintaining a platform where companies will want to advertise. If it becomes replete with conspiracy theories and the like, that has a financial consequence. I haven't heard much about his thoughts on content moderation in this regard, so it's hard to tell what's an ideal versus a realistic strategy. 8kun is a site where people can be pretty free in what they say, but good luck trying to get any large companies advertising on it.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember Tesla in it's infancy and watching cons shit all over him every day about what a lark electric cars are

Are you old enough to remember that same Cali Dem politicians decreeing that all cars had to go electric by 2030, and then crapping all over Musk's electric car company for trying to keep its doors open during COVID so that it could earn a living, and then Musk having to give the finger to Cali and exit for Texas?

And then ****ing libs desperately hoping "Texas will turn purple! Texas will turn blue!" etc, etc.
Translation, they chase the productive inventive people away, and then have to chase after them vowing to conquer them ultimately. Pathetic.

Of course, leftists are concerned. They fear Musk will succeed in airing all views that disagree with the prevailing progressive consensus....

If you know about all these views the left disagrees with how exactly has the left deprived you of these views?

Whoo baby! Tech lord Musk will be giving the finger to libs from orbit. while they stamp their feet in primitive impotence! :ROFLMAO:

Btw, this new company will be called X Holdings :D

You think liberals are going to be mad about what amounts to corporate paperwork changes? Why, exactly?

I'd hate to have to eliminate a future Tesla purchase from consideration. They are cool cars.

If 39 to 79 thousand bucks for an electric car isn't too much for you, congrats., you deserve it.
Yes, I do know new cars cost a lot, we spent EIGHTY grand on a handicap equipped Chrysler Pacifica.
But the average 20 dollar an hour wage slave, which is, by the way, the MAJORITY of workers today, can't swing it.

Elon Musk isn't going to change the world with expensive play toys for wealthy people.
The average work commuter needs an $18-20K electric car that can handle 100-150 miles range and take advantage of Super Charge networks in addition to home charging.

Tesla is now in Toyota Prius territory - - as in WELL OVER a decade in the EV market.
If he hasn't yet introduced an affordable compact EV for the masses, he never will.

Japan, Korea, maybe even China (if they can finally crack the USA market) will be the ones who do it.
US car companies aren't serious, they're just using asian EV powertrains and dropping them into GM and Ford car bodies.
And when one or more of them finally DO bring an affordable EV that doesn't require a six thousand dollar battery* in ten years,
that is when you will see the world change.

I no longer view Musk as an EV pioneer, I view him as the FAO Schwartz of electric cars.

* --- I'm talking to YOU, Nissan....your Leaf is a good car until the battery starts losing efficiency, and it costs more to replace your unobtanium battery packs than the car is even worth by that point.

Whoo baby! Tech lord Musk will be giving the finger to libs from orbit. while they stamp their feet in primitive impotence! :ROFLMAO:

This is really the only thing that matters to you, isn't it?

Of course, leftists are concerned. They fear Musk will succeed in airing all views that disagree with the prevailing progressive consensus....
LOL

You people keep repeating this lie. You know full well Twitter doesn't ban people for being conservative. There's hundreds of millions of conservatives on Twitter who aren't getting banned. Guess why.

Are you old enough to remember that same Cali Dem politicians decreeing that all cars had to go electric by 2030, and then crapping all over Musk's electric car company for trying to keep its doors open during COVID so that it could earn a living, and then Musk having to give the finger to Cali and exit for Texas?

And then ****ing libs desperately hoping "Texas will turn purple! Texas will turn blue!" etc, etc.
Translation, they chase the productive inventive people away, and then have to chase after them vowing to conquer them ultimately. Pathetic.
Except the Fremont plant is still open, so the people that left were those who went to the new headquarters in Austin, while the workers making the actual product still work in CA. The Fremont plant is likely to expand as well, so it's not quite the middle finger response that it could be if he had moved everything out of the state.

I'm always old enough to remember that conservative republicans are worthless ****ing idiots and liars who gerrymander states to thwart democracy if that's what you mean.

What's funny is Musk ownership doesn't "own the libs" either.
;)

I don't know man, Musk administratively combining two corporate entities he owns really makes me SO MAD because uuuhhhh

Except the Fremont plant is still open, so the people that left were those who went to the new headquarters in Austin, while the workers making the actual product still work in CA. The Fremont plant is likely to expand as well, so it's not quite the middle finger response that it could be if he had moved everything out of the state.

No thanks to Dems.
Dems don't invent anything - except lies.
They don't create any useful goods or services. They're only about redistributing things - into their own hands of course. They're happy to help themselves to the hard work of others.

If 39 to 79 thousand bucks for an electric car isn't too much for you, congrats., you deserve it.
Yes, I do know new cars cost a lot, we spent EIGHTY grand on a handicap equipped Chrysler Pacifica.
But the average 20 dollar an hour wage slave, which is, by the way, the MAJORITY of workers today, can't swing it.

Elon Musk isn't going to change the world with expensive play toys for wealthy people.
The average work commuter needs an $18-20K electric car that can handle 100-150 miles range and take advantage of Super Charge networks in addition to home charging.

Tesla is now in Toyota Prius territory - - as in WELL OVER a decade in the EV market.
If he hasn't yet introduced an affordable compact EV for the masses, he never will.

Japan, Korea, maybe even China (if they can finally crack the USA market) will be the ones who do it.
US car companies aren't serious, they're just using asian EV powertrains and dropping them into GM and Ford car bodies.
And when one or more of them finally DO bring an affordable EV that doesn't require a six thousand dollar battery* in ten years,
that is when you will see the world change.

I no longer view Musk as an EV pioneer, I view him as the FAO Schwartz of electric cars.

* --- I'm talking to YOU, Nissan....your Leaf is a good car until the battery starts losing efficiency, and it costs more to replace your unobtanium battery packs than the car is even worth by that point.
I couldn't cover that price range right now. I'm hoping that routine maintenance will keep my current car going. It's in good shape, but the miles are stacking up. I put a few grand into it about a year ago.

I couldn't cover that price range right now. I'm hoping that routine maintenance will keep my current car going. It's in good shape, but the miles are stacking up. I put a few grand into it about a year ago.

Understood.
But yeah, the absolute cheapest Musk Mobile starts at around 38 or 39-something.
Back in 2011 when he first debuted the first Tesla sedans I was telling people that soon there would be Tesla "everything" in every price range.
I humbly admit that I was dead wrong.
I waited and waited for the cheap no-frills Tesla economy car.
And it never came.

I'd sold one old car, for a fairly decent chunk of change, gave my PT Cruiser to my son, and was flush enough that
I was ready to put six or seven down on a base level econo-Tesla...but I wound up buying a Prius instead.

And I absolutely HATE that car.
I LOVE it for the 50 mpg but I hate driving it, it's the absolute worst snotbox ever invented.
I needed it to deal with my almost daily 100-200 mile round trips for camera work.
Once my eyesight, hearing and general health declined around 2018 or so I stopped doing pro camera stuff and
suddenly I'm driving maybe 250 miles a MONTH, which KILLS Prius HV batteries, you have to DRIVE those suckers.

If I'd had an econo-Tesla (or a Leaf) it wouldn't have mattered.
And Nissan does everything in its power to keep THEIR battery packs the most expensive ones around,
so you can't just go get a remanned Leaf battery pack super cheap.
That's WHY I did not buy a Leaf.

Understood.
But yeah, the absolute cheapest Musk Mobile starts at around 38 or 39-something.
Back in 2011 when he first debuted the first Tesla sedans I was telling people that soon there would be Tesla "everything" in every price range.
I humbly admit that I was dead wrong.
I waited and waited for the cheap no-frills Tesla economy car.
And it never came.

I'd sold one old car, for a fairly decent chunk of change, gave my PT Cruiser to my son, and was flush enough that
I was ready to put six or seven down on a base level econo-Tesla...but I wound up buying a Prius instead.

And I absolutely HATE that car.
I LOVE it for the 50 mpg but I hate driving it, it's the absolute worst snotbox ever invented.
I needed it to deal with my almost daily 100-200 mile round trips for camera work.
Once my eyesight, hearing and general health declined around 2018 or so I stopped doing pro camera stuff and
suddenly I'm driving maybe 250 miles a MONTH, which KILLS Prius HV batteries, you have to DRIVE those suckers.

If I'd had an econo-Tesla (or a Leaf) it wouldn't have mattered.
And Nissan does everything in its power to keep THEIR battery packs the most expensive ones around,
so you can't just go get a remanned Leaf battery pack super cheap.
That's WHY I did not buy a Leaf.
I don't expect to get in at this phase of the technology. Maybe in ten years or more.

No thanks to Dems.
The fact Tesla is not only keeping the plant there but expanding it means the company will continue to do business there regardless, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Dems don't invent anything - except lies.
Is lying something exclusive to Dems, or can we safely say that all sorts of people lie for a variety of reasons?

They don't create any useful goods or services. They're only about redistributing things - into their own hands of course. They're happy to help themselves to the hard work of others.
I'd love to see some data that parses out all sorts of creators by political affiliation. Until then, this comment doesn't amount to much.

He doesn't see it that way. Maybe he needs a new challenge and what he will do with Twitter might change it and other social media platforms for the better.
Or maybe he knows that Tesla depends on tax credits and he is concerned that an oil friendly GOP that will likely win in a landslide this November will end those EV tax credits. Thus he figures buy Twitter, reinstate Trump's account, and the cult will shower him with tax credits and subsidies as a reward.

Back
Top Bottom