• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ed Shultz pulls out the race card... SHOCKING!

If Ed Schultz is the #1 Liberal hate-monger, where does Glenn Beck sit on the list of far-right hate-mongers?

Every political group in the USA has its own hate-mongers. Anyone who is surprised by this knows very little about politics on this plane

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

I'll just add Limbaugh as the leader of the hate mongers.

Shultz point is a valid one: much opposition to anything Obama does from the right is based on their hate for him. That is simply reality.

However, that is not the main reason why so many people oppose intervention in Syria. But it does explain some of it for those on the far right fringes.

Shultz point is a valid one: much opposition to anything Obama does from the right is based on their hate for him. That is simply reality.

No, that's not his point. He and everyone else at MSNBC honestly believe that much of the opposition to Obama is because his skin isn't pure white. It's stupid, ridiculous and supremely ignorant.

No, that's not his point. He and everyone else at MSNBC honestly believe that much of the opposition to Obama is because his skin isn't pure white. It's stupid, ridiculous and supremely ignorant.

Oh but I think it is his point that some opposition to Obama is based on race among those on the far right fringes. And we have had this discussion enough times to know you do not have to look far for evidence of it.

Do we really need to link again to all the "Obama nigger" crap that is out there?

Oh but I think it is his point that some opposition to Obama is based on race among those on the far right fringes. And we have had this discussion enough times to know you do not have to look far for evidence of it.

Do we really need to link again to all the "Obama nigger" crap that is out there?

And that stuff is maybe 5% of all people opposed to Obama? C'mon.

Ed is just trying to get all those democrats, liberals, and progressives to look past their hatred and blindly support the war because Obama does. Or doesnt...depending on what time of day it is, when the press conference is, or who is asking the question.

Yesterday was classic BTW. People across the nation were backing away from their pro war stance as Obama started talking about other options. Today...we hear news that the EU is blaming Assad and may consider a more aggressive approach, and people are back to the...well...you know...but...then again.....

And that stuff is maybe 5% of all people opposed to Obama? C'mon.

What always goes unsaid is what the level of support for "all things Obama" based on his race is. Hmm....

What the hell are you bitching about? He stated an opinion on an opinion show. He said Black, so ****ing what? Did you watch the video or just read the caption? Can you refute that race isn't part of the reason President Obama is opposed so much by conservatives? Why do you whine so much when somebody on the left mentions race. Guilty consious?

BTW, do you remember your hero Glenn Beck, say President Obama hates White people?

This is about Big Ed, not about Beck

This is about Big Ed, not about Beck

What the hell are you bitching about? He stated an opinion on an opinion show. He said Black, so ****ing what? Did you watch the video or just read the caption? Can you refute that race isn't part of the reason President Obama is opposed so much by conservatives? Why do you whine so much when somebody on the left mentions race. Guilty consious?

I'm bitching about the same thing I've bitched about with you for the last several years Pete... When the topic of a thread, especially in this section of the forum, isn't very flattering toward liberals, liberalism, or left of center political beliefs, you consistantly try to change the thread topic into something that suits you better politically, rather than addressing the topic at hand.

If you have a comment about Shultz, then lets hear it... If you don't, and you'd rather talk about something Glenn Beck said more than 3 years ago.. AGAIN... Then start another thread about it.

Is that really too hard for you to understand?

Have any examples of Rush saying hateful things?

Don't take the bait... The left's primary mission is to take the focus off topics that reflect negatively on them, and turn them into threads that bashes conservatives.

I'm bitching about the same thing I've bitched about with you for the last several years Pete... When the topic of a thread, especially in this section of the forum, isn't very flattering toward liberals, liberalism, or left of center political beliefs, you consistantly try to change the thread topic into something that suits you better politically, rather than addressing the topic at hand.

If you have a comment about Shultz, then lets hear it... If you don't, and you'd rather talk about something Glenn Beck said more than 3 years ago.. AGAIN... Then start another thread about it.

Is that really too hard for you to understand?

LOL. My last post was a repeat of my previous post without the comment about Beck. Which you apparently didn't read. Now would mind answering my questions in that context?

For the record, I don't have a problem with anything Ed Schultz said.

But I will say that the GOP has a lot of people who are dragging it down and will cause it to end up with the Whig Party if they don't change their attitude a lot and soon.

The above portion of your post, I am in total agreement with.

I like Shultz. He's my kind of guy. If you've ever watched his show...it's primarily a show from a pro-labor perspective.

Yes, he gets hyperbolic sometimes....but what pundit...left or right doesn't?

If you have a problem with any of Ed Schultz's statements, get with him about it.

I'm just going to guess that you probably won't like what he tells you.

I'm also going to guess that since we're talking about things that happen in the USA, if you don't like what ed Schultz has to day about anything, the best thing for you to do is change the channel or turn your TV off because you're not going to stop the man from saying whatever it is that he wants to say.

Deal with it.

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

I don't disagree with everything he says. I'm not an avid watcher of his program, but do watch from time to time, as I do most of the talking heads on all the cable channels. If I didn't listen to what they all have to say, and try to have an open mind, then I would be like a number of others on this board and in this country by being relegated to the heap of self imposed ignorance and be nothing more than minion of a singular ideology.

This thread, and my comments, were solely about the "race card" being used to attack anyone, not a Democrat, that disagrees with President Obama. Nothing more.

I like Shultz. He's my kind of guy. If you've ever watched his show...it's primarily a show from a pro-labor perspective.

Exactly right. That's just the nature of politics all over this planet.

If you can't get at least a little hyperbolic once in a while, politics, and anything related to it, is probably not the best place for you.

Oh please. You could also make the argument that some support the war because they want to kill brown people. It may actually be true for a handful of wingnuts, but it isn't a valid argument to be making in general, and a idiotic point to make regarding the vote in the House. This is essentially the argument the brain damaged douche Ed Schultz is making.

It's not hyperbole, it's hatemongering and demagoguery

Last edited:
Oh please. You could also make the argument that some support the war because they want to kill brown people. It may actually be true for a handful of wingnuts, but it isn't a valid argument to be making in general, and a idiotic point to make regarding the vote in the House. This is essentially the argument the brain damaged douche Ed Schultz is making.

Truth is truth no matter how much it disturbs you or your ideology.

Truth is truth no matter how much it disturbs you or your ideology.

But it isn't truth, it's baseless opinion that you happen to believe.

Does this mean that the libdems in the Black Caucus are racists because they plan to vote against O on this???

Of course they're not racist... There's no such thing as a black racist or a liberal racist. Racism is a trait possessed exclusively by white conservatives. Just ask any lib, they'll set you straight.

Back
Top Bottom