• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Drudge Report: Shutdown Deal Reached; Government to Reopen Temporarily

Border barriers should be approved because they work and because there is so much public support for stopping the influx of illegal immigrants.

They work in San Diego. I lived near the border for 10 years... .Are border fences 100%. Heck no, nothing is.
Don't believe anyone who tells you that fences or some sort of barrier won't help.
There have been several links showing how the fence and other barriers have cut apprehensions 95%.

There is NO legitimate reason the Democrats won't give Trump the funds for border enforcement/barriers for areas along the border where they can be constructed, other than they don't politically want him to get the win.

Walls Work. Just Ask This Community College on the Southern Border

Trump is right: Walls work on the southern border

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control

San Diego where a border wall works

From the last link:
The county once known as “ground zero” for illegal immigration in the United States has become a model of successful border security that the rest of the country is now looking to emulate.

This began, fittingly, with a wall—or to be more precise, a crude barrier of sheet metal supported by metal poles. This original barrier wasn’t meant to stop people. It was initially just meant to stop cars and trucks carrying migrants and drugs into the United States.

Yet this barrier triggered a process of trial and error with border walls that, over the course of 2 1/2 decades, has reduced the number of apprehensions of illegal aliens in San Diego from more than 628,000 in fiscal 1986 to its current number of around 30,000 a year.

There are many people, and I am one of them, who have been tremendously concerned about illegal immigration for many years.

Exactly. Why would Right Wing strategists ever want to give up your "tremendous concern" for immigrants? They benefit from allowing the issue to continue, that way they can continue to stoke your fears and concerns.
It's a top polling issue, remember Cambridge Analytica/Brietbart saw a win here, and worked it into Trump's platform, gave him the "wall" memory device to help him stay on target, and next thing you know he's trying to build a $5B concrete wall whlile holding 800K federal workers and our economy hostage. It's madness.

And Nota, while I may believe you that you are only worried about illegals, we know better. Laura Ingraham was clear even on a major news network, in her slipping up and admitting it's also about legal immigrants.
We're not idiots. We can read right wing only forums and even people on this forum, we know that they have white nationalist tenancies that are clearly and effectively exploited by the right.

Don't except comprehensive immigration unless Democrats win all three houses. Republicans had their shot and chose not to. Instead they passed tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy, and de-regulated big business at the cost to average Americans and the environment.

This is good news...Now, going forward, they agree to talk about the issues involved "in good faith" and get to some sort of agreement that will fund the government for the year, and give these workers certainty....

So, I'll open it up, what do you people think? Will the "wall" be approved?

No, it will not be approved. Trump's obstinacy will likely result in another shutdown. He thinks he can massage the MSM Narrtive to influence support for the Wall. Not likely. He should talk to his makeup artist to find better stuff for his next black eye.
/

There is no proof that Trump has lost on this or backed off on his promises to his base...

Trump renews call to 'build the wall' after reopening government, warns 'both parties very dug in'

The 'proof' is that it hasn't happened yet, not for two years, isn't happening now and all he has left is tough talk. As I said, like a school bully shouting 'I'll get you next time' after having his ass kicked, he's not coming back for more. He's doing an apelike display of aggression to save his fat orange face. He lost. He knows it, everyone can see it.

The 'proof' is that it hasn't happened yet, not for two years, isn't happening now and all he has left is tough talk. As I said, like a school bully shouting 'I'll get you next time' after having his ass kicked, he's not coming back for more. He's doing an apelike display of aggression to save his fat orange face. He lost. He knows it, everyone can see it.

Talk is cheap. He needs congress to give him his wall, and congress won't.

Nancy Pelosi is such a little woman. Trump is such a big guy. How did she kick his ass?

Maybe he should have done that whole wall thing when he had Congress. Oh, that's right, he didn't, because he wanted to beat Dems over the head with it once they won the House. Now, he's screwed.

Nancy Pelosi is such a little woman. Trump is such a big guy. How did she kick his ass?

One has brains the size of balls, the other has balls the size of brains.

This is good news...Now, going forward, they agree to talk about the issues involved "in good faith" and get to some sort of agreement that will fund the government for the year, and give these workers certainty....

So, I'll open it up, what do you people think? Will the "wall" be approved?

The wall? Let me give you an analogy. Trump joins a poker game. On the first hand, all he comes up with is a pair of deuces. He shows the hand to everybody, then goes all in, closes his eyes, and waits for victory.

Back
Top Bottom