• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Drudge alert: HACKER HORROR: ALL PRIVATE CELLPHONE NUMBERS OF DEMS IN CONGRESS MADE P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Drudge alert: HACKER HORROR: ALL PRIVATE CELLPHONE NUMBERS OF DEMS IN CONGRESS MA

I say good....Remember when liberals in the press published the names and addresses of gun owners complete with maps to show exactly where they lived..? I do...I say a little of your own medicine libs....choke on it....lol

I hope the cell phone numbers go public.

Payback for the listing of gun owners....like J-mac stated.

There is definitely a group of people who pretend to hold principles and then go looking for excuses to immediately abandon them. Those people never held those principles to begin with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: Drudge alert: HACKER HORROR: ALL PRIVATE CELLPHONE NUMBERS OF DEMS IN CONGRESS MA

Maybe you are unaware that the RNC was hacked too. Though the emails released were rather vanilla in nature it has been pretty evident that the hackers through Assange are trying to cause problems for Democrats. They sure managed to tick off a lot of Bernie supporters.

Those investigating the hacks say Russian government agencies are behind them. I don't know about you, but the idea of Russians interfering in our elections should trouble all Americans regardless of party affiliation.

I was starting to think I was the only one who thought that merited a certain amount of concern.

There is definitely a group of people who pretend to hold principles and then go looking for excuses to immediately abandon them. Those people never held those principles to begin with.

Taking the high road, and acting dignified when it comes to shaming others, while at the same time excusing serious blunders on the left .....................is laughable.

I appreciate the humor in the irony when it comes to you folks.

Your truly:

The Unprincipled One

Maybe you are unaware that the RNC was hacked too. Though the emails released were rather vanilla in nature it has been pretty evident that the hackers through Assange are trying to cause problems for Democrats. They sure managed to tick off a lot of Bernie supporters.

Those investigating the hacks say Russian government agencies are behind them. I don't know about you, but the idea of Russians interfering in our elections should trouble all Americans regardless of party affiliation.

Screw the RNC along with the DNC. Both parties are filled ponies who lie to their base, and create division among the people.

Pfffft! We do just as much crap to the Russians as they do to us.

I say good....Remember when liberals in the press published the names and addresses of gun owners complete with maps to show exactly where they lived..? I do...I say a little of your own medicine libs....choke on it....lol

Was it good when right wing hacks published an 'enemies list' with Nick Berg's name on it and two weeks later he was beheaded in Iraq?

'...Two weeks before Nicolaus Berg, the American beheaded in Iraq, was picked up by Iraqi police, a right-wing hate group calling itself Free Republic published an internet a hit list of "enemies" with the avowed purpose of harassing and harming individuals on the list. The list was copied from an online petition supporting a March 20, 2004 demonstration sponsored by the anti-war group ANSWER. It included the name of Michael S. Berg and listed his affiliation as Prometheus Methods Tower Services, Inc.

"Here you are, FReepers." wrote 'doug from upland,' the instigator of the enemies list, , "Here is the enemy. Working in conjunction with A.N.S.W.E.R., they have given us their names. How about this one --- Jameel Rashid, U.S. Coast Guard, Portsmouth, VA. Well, sailor. I guess it is time for me to call your commanding officer and see what he thinks about this."
portland imc - 2004.05.13 - Beheaded man's father was targetted by right-wing hate group

Was it good when the right wing hacks published a bar managers personal information and called for punitive action because she refused to sell liquor to Jenna Bush?

When the bar manager of an Austin, Texas restaurant called 9-1-1 to notify authorities that an underage Jenna Bush had attempted to purchase liquor in June 2001, the bar manager's personal information including her home address, date of birth, driver's license number and physical description was posted on FreeRepublic, along with calls for punitive action...

Conservatives Declare Fatwa against Restaurant Manager That Fingered Bush Twins - Ars Technica OpenForum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Republic

"Payback" isn't a very evolved point of view.

You are correct!

But the humor & irony are priceless, especially when all their low class shenanigans come back to haunt them.

While the printing of the location of permit holders was loathsome, those items are public record. The only way to prevent that, really, would be to abolish any kind of gun permits. I don't think it's fair to hold Congresspeople who may not have even been in office yet responsible for such a political nonstarter.

Those people were attacked....period!

What other purpose would it serve other than to create some sort of shaming?

And, it was purely political and supported.

Non starter to you maybe..............

Drudge has not made them public that I can see, Guccifer 2.0 did. I would hope no American press would publish the private information of members of either party, tho my cynical side suspects some will.

I hope they do. They felt perfectly OK publishing the home addresses of people who owned firearms so I feel like cellphone numbers is nothing compared to that.

Was it good when right wing hacks published an 'enemies list' with Nick Berg's name on it and two weeks later he was beheaded in Iraq?

'...Two weeks before Nicolaus Berg, the American beheaded in Iraq, was picked up by Iraqi police, a right-wing hate group calling itself Free Republic published an internet a hit list of "enemies" with the avowed purpose of harassing and harming individuals on the list. The list was copied from an online petition supporting a March 20, 2004 demonstration sponsored by the anti-war group ANSWER. It included the name of Michael S. Berg and listed his affiliation as Prometheus Methods Tower Services, Inc.

"Here you are, FReepers." wrote 'doug from upland,' the instigator of the enemies list, , "Here is the enemy. Working in conjunction with A.N.S.W.E.R., they have given us their names. How about this one --- Jameel Rashid, U.S. Coast Guard, Portsmouth, VA. Well, sailor. I guess it is time for me to call your commanding officer and see what he thinks about this."
portland imc - 2004.05.13 - Beheaded man's father was targetted by right-wing hate group

Was it good when the right wing hacks published a bar managers personal information and called for punitive action because she refused to sell liquor to Jenna Bush?

When the bar manager of an Austin, Texas restaurant called 9-1-1 to notify authorities that an underage Jenna Bush had attempted to purchase liquor in June 2001, the bar manager's personal information including her home address, date of birth, driver's license number and physical description was posted on FreeRepublic, along with calls for punitive action...

Conservatives Declare Fatwa against Restaurant Manager That Fingered Bush Twins - Ars Technica OpenForum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Republic

Both sides do it, Moot. You remember gay marriage opposition donor lists being circulated and even picketed? Wrong either way.

But, I feel like some contact information for Congress and their aides should be public info anyway.

I hope they do. They felt perfectly OK publishing the home addresses of people who owned firearms so I feel like cellphone numbers is nothing compared to that.

So you re going to make the same retarded argument that was made to look stupid when others made it? Well done! Hint: It was The Journal News that published what you talked about. Not "the media", but one media source.

I wonder how many of these hacked servers are Cisco based and how many are running Microsoft Server?

Both sides do it, Moot. You remember gay marriage opposition donor lists being circulated and even picketed? Wrong either way.

But, I feel like some contact information for Congress and their aides should be public info anyway.

Did you remind J-mac that both sides do it, OC?

I don't think their private phone numbers were public. Pelosi was suddenly bombarded with vile hate and death threats after her number was published.

Taking the high road, and acting dignified when it comes to shaming others, while at the same time excusing serious blunders on the left .....................is laughable.

I appreciate the humor in the irony when it comes to you folks.

Your truly:

The Unprincipled One

As long as you're fine with the names of the people with guns being published.

Did you remind J-mac that both sides do it, OC?

I don't think their private phone numbers were public. Pelosi was suddenly bombarded with vile hate and death threats after her number was published.

"their" refers to whom?

Regarding Pelosi--politics ain't beanbag.

Regarding J-mac, I do believe others did. Further regarding that, conservatives are not thought to be behind this particular leak.

There is a certain amount of schadenfreude because the left has made it policy to make it extremely personal to those that oppose their political thinking, from gay marriage to gun ownership. I'm not cheering it, but the irony isn't lost on me either.

"their" refers to whom?

Regarding J-mac, I do believe others did. Further regarding that, conservatives are not thought to be behind this particular leak.

There is a certain amount of schadenfreude because the left has made it policy to make it extremely personal to those that oppose their political thinking, from gay marriage to gun ownership. I'm not cheering it, but the irony isn't lost on me either.

When was the last time you took a right winger to task, OC? No sooner than you tell me that "both sides do it"... you go on to blame the left. There's a name for that and it called 'hypocricy'.

"They."

"their" refers to whom?

Please. If you read this thread you can see that the RIGHT has made it policy to make it extremely personal to those that oppose their political thinking. I would hope that you would be able to not only see but to COMMUNICATE that both sides do it. Like Moot said, you rarely do that.

When was the last time you took a right winger to task, OC? No sooner than you tell me that "both sides do it"... you go on to blame the left. There's a name for that and it called 'hypocricy'.

What am I supposed to call out? Someone that has already been called out by others? I have to show the right amount of disdain defined by the left? I am providing examples where the left has targeted those that support conservative policies. Please show me where the right has done this?

As I said there are those on this board cheering the release of some information. I do not support this. However, it is not thought that conservatives did the actual act.

Please. If you read this thread you can see that the RIGHT has made it policy to make it extremely personal to those that oppose their political thinking. I would hope that you would be able to not only see but to COMMUNICATE that both sides do it. Like Moot said, you rarely do that.

Please. As I said to Moot, I am not about to let anyone define my level of disdain for support for a bad act. I don't support it, that's about all I can say. But I can say the amount of hand wringing over this is a good deal more hypocritical than me not calling out someone supporting the info dump. Liberal political actors have had their hands dirty employing this particular tactic several times in the past. Both are wrong, maybe it can be seen more clearly now.

Please. As I said to Moot, I am not about to let anyone define my level of disdain for support for a bad act. I don't support it, that's about all I can say. But I can say the amount of hand wringing over this is a good deal more hypocritical than me not calling out someone supporting the info dump. Liberal political actors have had their hands dirty employing this particular tactic several times in the past. Both are wrong, maybe it can be seen more clearly now.

Your level of disdain is inconsistent. No one gets to define your level of disdain, but that level will be perceived as it is. Moot is right. How you go after lefties is quite different than how you go after righties on similar issues. You're going to get called out on that... and when you do, you have two choices: alter the behavior, or not care. Doesn't matter to me what you do, but you are conning yourself if you believe that you address both sides, similarly.

Your level of disdain is inconsistent. No one gets to define your level of disdain, but that level will be perceived as it is. Moot is right. How you go after lefties is quite different than how you go after righties on similar issues. You're going to get called out on that... and when you do, you have two choices: alter the behavior, or not care. Doesn't matter to me what you do, but you are conning yourself if you believe that you address both sides, similarly.

You both are setting the argument such that I must address someone on my side of the political aisle that has already been called out multiple times in this very thread.

What is the point in me doing the same? I find a different standard from the liberal side of the aisle releasing such information when actually behind it and some supporting it than conservatives who did not release the information and some support it and some don't.

I may be over explaining my rationale, but I didn't expect to run into the post police where I have to kowtow to a certain level of disgust with something even if a conservative didn't make it happen. For some reason I have to call out everyone in this thread that supported such to have any credibility, even after he has already been called to task for that support? Nah, I don't think either of you set that particular bar that high in self reflection.

You both are setting the argument such that I must address someone on my side of the political aisle that has already been called out multiple times in this very thread.

What is the point in me doing the same? I find a different standard from the liberal side of the aisle releasing such information when actually behind it and some supporting it than conservatives who did not release the information and some support it and some don't.

I may be over explaining my rationale, but I didn't expect to run into the post police where I have to kowtow to a certain level of disgust with something even if a conservative didn't make it happen. For some reason I have to call out everyone in this thread that supported such to have any credibility, even after he has already been called to task for that support? Nah, I don't think either of you set that particular bar that high in self reflection.

You don't have to do anything. Firstly, it is always more significant when someone calls out a member of their own side, regardless of how many people on the other side have done it. Other conservatives who have done that made more of an impact than liberals. This is true both for DP and in the live political arena outside DP. And secondly, you watered down your condemnation by making it an add-on and creating more of a focus on behavior from the other side. You did the same thing in both posts #170 and #172. I'm pointing it out and telling you how it is perceived. You can either choose to hear this feedback or not. Your choice.

You don't have to do anything. Firstly, it is always more significant when someone calls out a member of their own side, regardless of how many people on the other side have done it. Other conservatives who have done that made more of an impact than liberals. This is true both for DP and in the live political arena outside DP. And secondly, you watered down your condemnation by making it an add-on and creating more of a focus on behavior from the other side. You did the same thing in both posts #170 and #172. I'm pointing it out and telling you how it is perceived. You can either choose to hear this feedback or not. Your choice.

I don't think you are seeing my point. In this instance this was done by someone without conservative leanings if the information circulating is true. My point is liberals do this type of information release on voters and supporters of conservative policies. Conservatives have not as yet done such, to my knowledge.

I don't condone or support this tactic but I understand where the schadenfreude comes from. I can set my standards, I can't set everyone else's.

I don't think you are seeing my point. In this instance this was done by someone without conservative leanings if the information circulating is true. My point is liberals do this type of information release on voters and supporters of conservative policies. Conservatives have not as yet done such, to my knowledge.

I don't condone or support this tactic but I understand where the schadenfreude comes from. I can set my standards, I can't set everyone else's.

And you're not seeing MY point. There are two parts to this story. The releasing of the information and the reaction to it. The latter is more significant as it affects a wider group of people. In politics, of the facts of a situation are often secondary to how those facts are interpreted and dealt with. Are they dealt with honestly, dishonestly, objectively, subjectively, in a partisan way, hypocritically, consistently... these are the responses and have a wide-ranging affect on how people perceive things... and others. We see plenty of stories lately about politicians making jokes... that are then picked up and interpreted by folks of both sides of the political aisle, either honestly or dishonestly. The facts often get lost because when confronted, those who are being dishonest will often say, "well, the other side does it, too". Guess what? Saying "the other side does it too" doesn't absolve your side from what happened and doesn't help you too look anything but partisan. This is what we see from so many, both here at DP and outside of DP. It's what's created the antagonistic, hate-filled, grid-locked attitude in our society today... and yes, both sides are equally guilty of this. And as I said, because of this aggressive attitude, it's only those calling out those on their own side who can do anything to fix the problem. THAT'S my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom