• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dow surges to session high on report that the U.S. has weighed lifting China tariffs

China is FOLDING is what is happening. He didn't "MAKE THREAT" he TOOK ACTION(s), unlike your HERO:

View attachment 67248197

c93b0311b714d6a6b6901b8e82609449.jpg

Last edited:
BS.

We've seen stock swing wildly for stupid reasons for decades. Someone from OPEC sneezes and oil prices skyrocket. The Fed talks about the possibility of maybe raising interest rates and the DOW bottoms out.

Seriously, if you don't know this stuff, then you shouldn't be in the business.

You just admitted that stupid stuff can affect the market. No one is more stupid than Trump.

Trump, in less than two years, changed the conditions. That's why Main Street doesn't care. The speculators and their computers haven't caught up to reality yet. That's why they freak out when someone says something "might" happen.

Main Street and their 401k's don't care huh?

Yep, you're a typical Trumpsters/Republican... You don't give a rats ass about main street/the working man.

disgusting!!

Going for the "we might be entering a recession, so I'm going to double down on my 'Who cares about Wall Street' gaffe" I see.

A recession? You're dreaming. (or hoping)

Main Street and their 401k's don't care huh?

Yep, you're a typical Trumpsters/Republican... You don't give a rats ass about main street/the working man.

disgusting!!

Those with 401k's should be pissed at the speculators

Dow surges to session high on report that the U.S. has weighed lifting China tariffs

The Dow continues to rise and fall on news about the tariffs. Trump makes threats and the market falls. We get hope that Trump's reign of terror might be abating, and the market rises again.

CHINA BLINKED. The POTUS is in the verge of accomplishing what NO ONE could:

Asia markets jump amid US-China trade talks

•Stocks in Asia were higher on Monday as investor sentiment picked up slightly amid a new round of talks between Beijing and Washington.
•Reports said a working team led by Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Jeffrey Gerrish will meet Chinese officials to have "positive and constructive discussions."

•For its part, China is willing to resolve its trade disputes with the U.S. on an equal footing, according to Lu Kang, spokesman at the Chinese foreign ministry, Reuters reported Monday.

Stocks in Asia gained on Monday as investor sentiment picked up slightly amid a new round of trade negotiations between the United States and China in Beijing.

The U.S. and China are holding vice ministerial level trade talks in Beijing on Jan 7-8, according to the Chinese commerce ministry. Reports said a working team led by Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Jeffrey Gerrish will meet Chinese officials to have "positive and constructive discussions."

For its part, China is willing to resolve its trade disputes with the U.S. on an equal footing, according to Lu Kang, spokesman at the Chinese foreign ministry.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/asia...-in-focus.html

Last edited:
LOL.. Not at Trump though right? Even though he's causing all the confusion? Lol

But nevermind you said no one cares about the market. Carry on.

When would be a good time to go after China for its trade practices?

Thats cute. How has Russia been 'made great' in the last two years?

LOL After Helsinki you ask that question? You are a true Trumpist and yes that is an insult.

China just conceded that they will trade with us on EVEN FOOTING , for the first time EVER...Trump is in the verge of a HISTORIC WIN FOR AMERICA...let's hope it happens.

POST # 34

LOL After Helsinki you ask that question? You are a true Trumpist and yes that is an insult.

Yes, I am asking the question. So how about an answer?

China just conceded that they will trade with us on EVEN FOOTING , for the first time EVER...Trump is in the verge of a HISTORIC WIN FOR AMERICA...let's hope it happens.

POST # 34

Thats great if true, but my point was, the time to go after China is when our economy is strong--like it is now. And I think if America had shown a more united front on the trade issue, China would have folded much sooner.

POST # 34

Lost the English dictionary to another keyboard operator I see. Read your own text.

For its part, China is willing to resolve its trade disputes with the U.S. on an equal footing, according to Lu Kang, spokesman at the Chinese foreign ministry.

Resolving trade disputes on an equal footing is not trading on an equal footing. But, no big deal. Its not like a expect better from somebody for whom English is not their first language.

You should be blaming the your highstrung fellow investors. Not Trump.

We blame Trump because he has kicked the market in the nuts over and over and over.

When it looks like he might be done assaulting it, it rises again.

Then he comes back and kicks it again, and down it goes. He is the single reason the stock market was negative for 2018. The market could easily have survived global softening of growth. The market could survive Brexit. The market could survive poor decisions from Apple. What it couldn't hold its own against was Trump's trade wars.

But now that his poll numbers are going down because of a cascade of stupid decisions, it looks like his team might have convinced him to call off his efforts to bring the 2nd largest economy down and so, for today, the markets breathed a sigh of relief.

Tomorrow when he feels a need to distract us from his embarrassment over the government shutdown or the Mueller investigation or his big booboo in Syria, it could be a different story. But for today, with a hint of good news about him maybe calling the dogs off in China, the market goes up. In keeping with the pattern it followed throughout 2018.

Who knew the leader of the free world could affect the market with his craziness and volatility.

I'm not the only trader going through this. There are millions of others.

Were you around when Jimmy Carter was President? This is child's play comparing to how the market acted when Jimmy was President.

I am actually surprised that with Trump as President, it has not been worse.

CHINA BLINKED. The POTUS is in the verge of accomplishing what NO ONE could:

Asia markets jump amid US-China trade talks

•Stocks in Asia were higher on Monday as investor sentiment picked up slightly amid a new round of talks between Beijing and Washington.
•Reports said a working team led by Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Jeffrey Gerrish will meet Chinese officials to have "positive and constructive discussions."

•For its part, China is willing to resolve its trade disputes with the U.S. on an equal footing, according to Lu Kang, spokesman at the Chinese foreign ministry, Reuters reported Monday.

Stocks in Asia gained on Monday as investor sentiment picked up slightly amid a new round of trade negotiations between the United States and China in Beijing.

The U.S. and China are holding vice ministerial level trade talks in Beijing on Jan 7-8, according to the Chinese commerce ministry. Reports said a working team led by Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Jeffrey Gerrish will meet Chinese officials to have "positive and constructive discussions."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/asia...-in-focus.html

Why are you citing an article from 10 days ago?

When a solution is in sight. For some "good" reason none of the previous Presidents attempted to tackle this problem. It took and incompetent idiot to try. Got to give Trump some kudos for guts but none for brains as his approach is likely to cause more problems rather than solve them

China is folding? show me proof of that! I think China is looking for a way out for sure but it isn't going to be "giving in to Trump"!

I know you were not speaking to me but you are right China has no reason to fold. It is Trump that is hanging on the line high and dry. China will call Trumps bluff big time. They know if he goes thru with his threat it will be the end of his Presidency.

POST # 34

LOL Good job misreading that statement. This is the real quote... China is willing to resolve its trade disputes with the U.S. on an equal footing. Meaning that as long as we keep our tariffs they will keep theirs or If we remove ours they will remove their tariffs. That would be the best and smartest thing to do. Therefore I doubt Trump will do it.

The self-defeating cycle of tit-for-tar tariff escalation is in neither country’s interest. Even if the U.S. goal were to disengage—an objective that we think would be wrong—that could be accomplished firmly and with fewer side effects with widely based tariffs and prohibitions on specific trade and investment flows. And if the United States does intend to solve genuine problems, it can suspend punitive tariffs while negotiations make progress. Current tariffs are hardening positions rather than producing meaningful effects. They are taxes that make American producers less competitive and ultimately fall on consumers; they are bound to become unpopular over time.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/10/05/why-its-time-to-end-the-tit-for-tat-tariffs-in-the-u-s-china-trade-war/

Were you around when Jimmy Carter was President? This is child's play comparing to how the market acted when Jimmy was President.

I am actually surprised that with Trump as President, it has not been worse.

It's not that the market is volatile. It's that I can buy something (long or short) and then he opens his mouth or tweets (thus affecting stuff). I can do all the homework in the world but he's a loose canon that I can't predict and can crush my trades.

So I've stopped trading.

LOL.. Not at Trump though right? Even though he's causing all the confusion? Lol

But nevermind you said no one cares about the market. Carry on.

Trump isn't causing anything.

It's not that the market is volatile. It's that I can buy something (long or short) and then he opens his mouth or tweets (thus affecting stuff). I can do all the homework in the world but he's a loose canon that I can't predict and can crush my trades.

So I've stopped trading.

You made a smart decision.

Back
Top Bottom