• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

Well duh. We can't have our soldiers getting blow jobs off-duty. THERE ARE LIVES AT STAKE HERE!!!!!1!1!1!!11

If it is OK for the commander in chief to get a blowjob at his desk in the oval office, then dammit, it is OK for me to get one at my desk in the battalion ops center

Well duh. We can't have our soldiers getting blow jobs off-duty. THERE ARE LIVES AT STAKE HERE!!!!!1!1!1!!11
I don't know about y'all, but if I was about to go and risk getting myself splattered all over the desert by some illiterate camel herder, I'd sure as hell be wanting to have the chance to empty my nuts in a chick's mouth once or twice before I go.

But that's just me ... :shrug:

I think most men would agree, Oscar, that any place one can get a blowjob is a good place.

That is a problem and should be dealt with accordingly, that's my point, but if a married blokes boinking his neighbours wife, completely seperate from his military life, I don't see a problem.

Until the neighbor finds out about it and kills the married bloke, then that unit is short a soldier and their are newspaper headlines that read, "Trashy Army Soldier Killed by Neighbor, for Boinking Neighbor's Wife". How's that going to look? Or, the more likelt event, the neighbor goes to post provost marshal and says that a soldier from that post is ****ing his wife, in which case, the Army wouldn't have any choice to take action. See how that works?

I'll give you a real life example: a soldier is having an affair with a female civilian. His wife finds out. She actually shows up, at the company area, during formation, with a gun, ready to shoot his ass. Fortunately, she was subdued before she could hurt anyone. But what if she would have gotten off a few rounds and hit people, other than her hubby? You're not looking at this with a wide angle lense.

Peoples lives will not be risked by a bloke going home from base and buggering another bloke. Moral, order and discipline will still be in place, and people won't have to worry about good soldiers being discharged for off-base behaviour that doesn't affect their service.

Unless, the first bloke is a company commander and the bloke he's buggering is one of his soldiers. At that point, morale, good order and discipline are in great jeopardy.

If it is OK for the commander in chief to get a blowjob at his desk in the oval office, then dammit, it is OK for me to get one at my desk in the battalion ops center

political-pictures-bill-clinton-giggity-giggity.jpg

WOOT Social Engineer the Armed Forces more! **** their mission, **** what's best! POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ROCK!!

Since when is fairness or following the constitutional law social engineering or political correctness? Saying it is seems silly to me.

How does it promote the interest of the good order of the service?

Let's just say you have an infantry unit, that has been in a remote outpost for a 12+ months. This article, will go a long way to prevent any kind of sexual activity between soldiers of the same sex. In that scenario, soldiers buggering each other would be detrimental to the good order of the unit.

Let's just say you have an infantry unit, that has been in a remote outpost for a 12+ months. This article, will go a long way to prevent any kind of sexual activity between soldiers of the same sex. In that scenario, soldiers buggering each other would be detrimental to the good order of the unit.

But that could happen with or without DADT...

So, what unit did you serve in?

I gotta say..that is one great smirk on ole Bill's face. HAH
You'd be smirking like that too if you just had a gal play a symphony on your skin flute.

Unless, the first bloke is a company commander and the bloke he's buggering is one of his soldiers. At that point, morale, good order and discipline are in great jeopardy.

But isn't this restricted under fraternization rules? Therefore we don't need DADT to stop this situation from happening, or to keep it a punishable offense.

Until the neighbor finds out about it and kills the married bloke, then that unit is short a soldier and their are newspaper headlines that read, "Trashy Army Soldier Killed by Neighbor, for Boinking Neighbor's Wife". How's that going to look? Or, the more likelt event, the neighbor goes to post provost marshal and says that a soldier from that post is ****ing his wife, in which case, the Army wouldn't have any choice to take action. See how that works?

I'll give you a real life example: a soldier is having an affair with a female civilian. His wife finds out. She actually shows up, at the company area, during formation, with a gun, ready to shoot his ass. Fortunately, she was subdued before she could hurt anyone. But what if she would have gotten off a few rounds and hit people, other than her hubby? You're not looking at this with a wide angle lense.

which is why there is a separate article covering adultery (article 134, paragraph 62). a separate issue from homosexuality

and it doesn't matter if the soldier he is buggering is male or female, which is why there is a separate article that covers fraternization (article 134, paragraph 60). again a separate issue from homosexuality

But isn't this restricted under fraternization rules? Therefore we don't need DADT to stop this situation from happening, or to keep it a punishable offense.

That is correct. Do you understand why females aren't allowed to serve in combat arms units? It is to prevent fratrnization among the soldiers of that unit, which would probably cause a breakdown in discipline.

Th only way to abolish DADT and not a have problem, would be restict gay male soldiers from serving in combat arms units.

Th only way to abolish DADT and not a have problem, would be restict gay male soldiers from serving in combat arms units.

If the assumption is that every single gay soldier is a sex crazed maniac that'll rape the other soldiers...

Just because there are 2 gay people in a unit, does not mean they will automatically fuck...

The rules of liking someone still apply...

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Ok, I see your point.

I agree, and the same rules should apply if the company commander is female and the soldier male. Any offences that are committed, be it by gays or straights, the punishment should be the same, but solely being gay should not be grounds for a discharge.

So, what unit did you serve in?

I served in HHB DIVRTY with the 82nd Airborne. Tropers did get blow jobs and more off duty. Are you saying they don't?

If the assumption is that every single gay soldier is a sex crazed maniac that'll rape the other soldiers...

Just because there are 2 gay people in a unit, does not mean they will automatically fuck...

Nature iventually take it's course. Then what?

One of the quotes from when I was a Company CO..."I don't care if my soldiers are straight...just as long as they can shoot straight"

I have always seen this as pretty extreme male arrogance. The assumption that if a gay guy is around he is obviously going to want to stare at your bare white naked ass is beyond conceit. Do you also assume that every woman you see is filled with an irrestible urge to jump into bed with you? You figure every time a female sees you she simply cannot resist trying to decide how big your package is and what she may be able to do with it? Get over yourselves boys..you arent that hot.

That is correct. Do you understand why females aren't allowed to serve in combat arms units? It is to prevent fratrnization among the soldiers of that unit, which would probably cause a breakdown in discipline.

So your saying the majority of gay men can't control themselves, or don't understand that the majority of people he would be working with aren't gay?

Seriously, it's not like their going to be treating their service in the military like an outing at their local gay bar.

If they can't follow the fraternization rule they should be punished. But why should gay people, or straight women for that matter, that follow the rules be punished for being who they are?

I served in HHB DIVRTY with the 82nd Airborne. Tropers did get blow jobs and more off duty. Are you saying they don't?

nope! Never said that. When I was with 1/8CAV, 2nd BGD, 1st CAV at Ft. Hood, the commander of our support battalion got busted in the parking lot of the PX, getting his dick sucked by a female SPC4. He was married, she was married, they both fried. They were both burned with two counts from Article 134 and one count from Article 125, which is exaclty what should have happened.

Back
Top Bottom