• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald Tru

Re: Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald

So...continue the trend we've been on for many years now? Show me a President that has actually reduced the national debt.

Beat me to it. If every President anymore has a deficit every year, then doesn't every President anymore increase the debt to its highest in history? :shrug:

Re: Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald

And for the last 7 years we've heard from Republican fiscal conservatives how bad the debt is and how they want smaller government and less spending.

But with Bush(as you pointed out), and now Trump spending less and the debt doesn't matter?

The hypocrisy easily goes both ways.
The hypocrisy does indeed go both ways, but that fact does not discount the point stated.

That is unresponsive to the subject
Maybe, but it does bring into honest question your sincerity and credibility. Why should anyone put any stock in what you say or post when you won't be honest with something as simple as your lean?

Maybe, but it does bring into honest question your sincerity and credibility. Why should anyone put any stock in what you say or post when you won't be honest with something as simple as your lean?

I did not say it..........

I just reported it......

If you choose not to believe it say so.......

And prove it

I just reported it......

And prove it
1) :roll:

2) This does not address the post quoted.

3) Go back a couple posts and you will see that I do indeed believe it, but more so because surpluses simply do not exist anymore, so every President increases the debt to record levels every year. Hence, it's a non-story. Or, rather, a partisan hit-piece aimed at the blindly partisan and the gullible & easily led.

Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says
Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald Trump Would Push Debt to Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says

Donald Trump’s policy agenda would quickly push the national debt to its highest level in history, according to a new report.

The analysis, which the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget published Sunday evening, represents one of the first serious efforts to assess how electing Trump or his chief rival for the presidency, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, might affect federal finances over time. Rather than focusing on individual policy initiatives — like Trump’s call to abolish the estate tax, or Clinton’s pledge to help working parents pay for child care — this new analysis takes into account all of the candidates’ proposals to date, in order to assess how they would alter the federal budget and, ultimately, the amount of debt that the public holds.

The resulting contrast was stark. As the report demonstrates, the election doesn’t simply present Americans with a choice between a politician who disparages entire ethnic and religious groups and a politician who preaches the virtues of diversity. It also offers a choice between a candidate who’d create vast new deficits for the sake of some highly questionable tax cuts — and one proposing a more modest agenda of expanded government programs, with added revenue that would cover nearly all of their cost............................

Some estimates are as high as $20 trillion dollars of debt..........Did you know that is what you are voting for?

The question is do you know who you are voting for with Hillary? The current debt is 19.2 TRILLION dollars up from 10.6 trillion when Obama took office. What you and the rest of the left want to ignore is the economic activity that will occur with Trump economic policies that will impact Federal Revenue. Like most on the left you believe the answer to reducing the debt is with higher taxes but higher taxes take money out of the pockets of the consumer and affect economic activity thus revenue generation.

I don't understand people like you who don't seem to understand the components of our GDP nor do you understand that every dollar that comes out of the pockets of the people is one less dollar that is available to spend in the states and one less dollar that could go to reducing the dependence on the Federal taxpayer.

The choice is clear, more of the same or true change by electing someone not beholden to anyone and someone with actual leadership and management experience. That certainly isn't Hillary Clinton

I just reported it......

And prove it

Here is what you want to ignore

Reagan Debt 1.7 trillion
GHW Bush debt 1.4 trillion
GW Bush debt 4.9 trillion

Total 8.0 trillion

Bill Clinton 1.4 trillion
Barack Obama 8.6 trillion

Total 10.0 trillion dollars

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2015

1) :roll:

2) This does not address the post quoted.

3) Go back a couple posts and you will see that I do indeed believe it, but more so because surpluses simply do not exist anymore, so every President increases the debt to record levels every year. Hence, it's a non-story. Or, rather, a partisan hit-piece aimed at the blindly partisan and the gullible & easily led.

It is not called a partisan hit piece........

It is called economic analysis..........

SEE:
Promises and Price Tags: A Fiscal Guide to 2016 Election
Promises and Price Tags: A Fiscal Guide to the 2016 Election | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

National Debt Would Increase $11.5 Trillion under Trump, Report Says
National Debt Would Increase $11.5 Trillion Under Trump, Report Says | Fox Business

Donald Trump's budget plan would add $10 trillion in debt
​Donald Trump's budget plan would add $10 trillion in debt - CBS News

How Trump Would Deal with the National Debt
Trump and the National Debt

These are reports would never see the "Light of Day" on/in RW media

SEE:
Promises and Price Tags: A Fiscal Guide to the 2016 Election | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

National Debt Would Increase $11.5 Trillion Under Trump, Report Says | Fox Business

Opinions that ignore economic activity which is what the left does when they want to raise taxes. The national debt will increase over 10 trillion dollars under Obama but not a word out of you.

By the way, I keep hearing about the Clinton surplus but never seem to find it on the Treasury data at the link I posted from Treasury. Since we pay debt service on the Treasury data seems to me the left continues to promote a lie

Of course it's not called a partisan hit-piece. Duplicitous people don't announce their duplicity. That would defeat the purpose. Duh!

SEE:

From the Fox Article

As for Trump, “significant increases in current law debt are primarily the result of very large reductions in revenue.”

How exactly does someone predict a reduction of revenue by ignoring economic activity? What the left wants to ignore is what happens to economic activity when people have more spendable income due to tax cuts.

The question is do you know who you are voting for with Hillary? The current debt is 19.2 TRILLION dollars up from 10.6 trillion when Obama took office. What you and the rest of the left want to ignore is the economic activity that will occur with Trump economic policies that will impact Federal Revenue. Like most on the left you believe the answer to reducing the debt is with higher taxes but higher taxes take money out of the pockets of the consumer and affect economic activity thus revenue generation.

I don't understand people like you who don't seem to understand the components of our GDP nor do you understand that every dollar that comes out of the pockets of the people is one less dollar that is available to spend in the states and one less dollar that could go to reducing the dependence on the Federal taxpayer.

The choice is clear, more of the same or true change by electing someone not beholden to anyone and someone with actual leadership and management experience. That certainly isn't Hillary Clinton

I have no idea of who I will vote for……I see both as undesirable and surly not the best of what could have been offered……….IMHO……both stink

Do you know why the debt ballooned in the Obama Presidency?

Are you saying that the Trump tax cut will create greater economic activity and therefore increase revenues over and above the cost of the tax cut………….the trickledown theory of economics……….The Bush Administration proved Trickle down does not work and added $10 trillion to the national debt…

Raising taxes to paid the bills works……….The Clinton Administration did so which led to the longest sustained economic growth in US history………..as I recall the Dow tripled in value…….and average family increased substantially……..

Of course you can disagree but what you believe so is the product of propaganda………and not on sound economic reality………..

The only way we can pay down the national debt is by raising taxes…….

To believe one can reduce the debt by cutting programs and entitlements is folly……………

The debt is 19 trillion……….

And all of what you call “entitlements” total about $800 billion………..a pittance of the national debt………

To eliminate all of the entitlements and apply to pay down debt........

would be a sum -which would not even be to able to keep up with the annual growth of the debt……..

If yall wan to pay down the debt one must pay the bills and then some........

There is no free lunch..........

From the Fox Article

How exactly does someone predict a reduction of revenue by ignoring economic activity? What the left wants to ignore is what happens to economic activity when people have more spendable income due to tax cuts.

If so............why is it not working?

funny, the constitution grants the congress the power of the purse, yet we have people thinking its the president.

I have no idea of who I will vote for……I see both as undesirable and surly not the best of what could have been offered……….IMHO……both stink

Do you know why the debt ballooned in the Obama Presidency?

Are you saying that the Trump tax cut will create greater economic activity and therefore increase revenues over and above the cost of the tax cut………….the trickledown theory of economics……….The Bush Administration proved Trickle down does not work and added $10 trillion to the national debt…

Raising taxes to paid the bills works……….The Clinton Administration did so which led to the longest sustained economic growth in US history………..as I recall the Dow tripled in value…….and average family increased substantially……..

Of course you can disagree but what you believe so is the product of propaganda………and not on sound economic reality………..

The only way we can pay down the national debt is by raising taxes…….

To believe one can reduce the debt by cutting programs and entitlements is folly……………

The debt is 19 trillion……….

And all of what you call “entitlements” total about $800 billion………..a pittance of the national debt………

To eliminate all of the entitlements and apply to pay down debt........

would be a sum -which would not even be to able to keep up with the annual growth of the debt……..

If yall wan to pay down the debt one must pay the bills and then some........

There is no free lunch..........

So tell me why do we need a 4.1 TRILLION Dollar Federal Govt. and why is it that spending at the Federal Level never needs to be cut? Do you understand where entitlements came from and what funds them?

Stop buying what you are told and look at the true role of the Federal Govt. none of which is to do social engineering as all that has to be done at the state level closest to the problem.

SS and Medicare are funded by payroll taxes and the problem is the money for those programs was spent on budget for items other than SS and Medicare so now the left wants more money to the Federal Govt. to fund the waste, fraud, and abuse of the payroll tax funds.

What you fail to recognize as do most on the left is that we have the worst recovery from a major recession in history with GDP never exceeding 3% growth and that is terrible especially in light of the severity of the recession. That is all due to poor economic policies and total ignorance by the Obama supporters as well as Obama incompetence.

Doesn't it bother you that Obama tells you how much better things are and still wants to spend more money? Why? If things are better this is the time to pay down debt but they really aren't. Of the so called 10 million jobs Obama has created 6.4 million of them are part time for economic reasons. When will that reality resonate with you?

If so............why is it not working?

Because economic growth today is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...for the past 7 1/2 years all we've heard from liberals is that the debt doesn't actually matter and that its actually a good thing to have debt. Now we have a thread, posted by and agreed to by liberals, complaining about just how much Trump is predicted to raise the debt vs Hillary and Hillary's numbers are considered "good" and Trump's numbers are considered "bad".

Not that this actually surprises me. The same happened in reverse during the Bush years. :shrug: But it IS funny to see the hypocrisy.

Again kal, you have to "misparaphrase" what democrats said about debt and deficits to make your false and deflecting point. Here is where it was explained why your point was false.

Kal, let me expand on MTA’s response to you. You’ve created a narrative that “democrats are hypocrites on deficits so It’s okay to ignore the flaming hypocrisy of republicans on deficits.” Besides the fact that you created it to deflect from the latest republicans hypocrisy, it’s also not true. Republicans only became concerned about deficits on 1/20/2009. The "debt don't mean a thing" was democrats mocking conservatives newfound concern for the debt by quoting Cheney. And you also seemed to miss the fact that we were simply pointing out that reducing the deficit was not the most important issue in 2009. GDP collapsing at -8.2 % and losing 700,000 jobs a month was the most important issue. Cutting spending in the worst recession since the depression would have only made the recession worse and probably put us into a depression. Republicans and the conservative media knew this but they also knew you didn’t know. Hence their lying hypocritical pandering was quite effective in “stimulating their base” with concern for deficits.

So instead of posting a deflective and false narrative, why cant you just be angry that Bush and Trump want to implement the same failed policies of tax cuts that will balloon the deficit? Conservatives were obediently angry when the conservative media told you to be angry about the deficits President Obama inherited.

Oh and Jeb’s plan would increase the number of people not paying federal taxes by 15 million. Remember the vile conservative “47% are parasites” narrative? I do.

Lets review
conservatives literally and obediently foamed at the mouth about deficits starting 1/20/2009
democrats said the economy was the priority and mocked conservatives newfound (and obviously temporary) concern for deficits by quoting Cheney.

Democrats continue to have rational and intelligent discussions of debt and deficits. You're simply trying to deflect from the flaming hypocrisy of conservatives.

Because economic growth today is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a condition world-wide............or hadn't you noticed?

This is a condition world-wide............or hadn't you noticed?

I certainly have looked and am sorry to tell you that liberalism hasn't created that Utopian European economy YET. This economy isn't like the rest of the world and to base your judgment on the world just goes to show how low your standards are. Figure out the components of GDP and get back to me. You don't seem to understand how our economy works. In spite of liberalism it is the greatest in the world and thus shouldn't be compared with the world

I certainly have looked and am sorry to tell you that liberalism hasn't created that Utopian European economy YET. This economy isn't like the rest of the world and to base your judgment on the world just goes to show how low your standards are. Figure out the components of GDP and get back to me. You don't seem to understand how our economy works. In spite of liberalism it is the greatest in the world and thus shouldn't be compared with the world

Stop with the clichés and the other old and tired BS ..........And please stop with the pompous and snide remarks ..........and get back on subject

Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says

Leaving aside of course that we've already done that. Our current debt level is already the highest ever and unsustainable. Has Obama reduced the debt any, at all? Before you answer, we're not talking about deficit but debt.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

That is on topic. GDP growth affects revenue and Obama problem is poor growth poor revenue which would be corrected by Trump

Stop with the clichés and the other old and tired BS ..........And please stop with the pompous and snide remarks ..........and get back on subject

Have you ever asked yourself or questioned why it is that the left always talks about tax revenue reductions from tax cuts and never about economic growth and tax revenue from that growth? Why do you buy the leftwing rhetoric and ignore the leftwing results and don't focus on ways to grow the economy? trump can do that, Hillary doesn't have a clue nor do most of her supporters.

Back
Top Bottom