• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald Tru

Re: Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald

It is not important what my expectations were.........

But with the do nothing anti-anything Obama congress any major reduction would be difficult......

You seem to forget it is congress who makes the budget........

And the House controls the spending........both of which are GOP controlled.......

So to blame anything financial on Obama is difficult to impossible.......

Funny considering your thread title. So which is it?

Therefore reducing the deficit in the fiscal years as president reduced what the additions to the national debt6 would have been.......

If that were true, it would only reduce potential debt if the budget didn't exceed the actual GNP.

And to more that half the deficit fulfilled the election promise he made ...........

Now you can continue with your selective argument of saying the difference between the comparison of apples and oranges is proof of an Obama failure.......

Which IMHO is a knowingly mendacious assertion.........

Except he didn't. It's fictional cover for extremely poor budgeting. There isn't one year during Obama's terms where we didn't have a budget deficit.

Re: Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says Donald

Under democrats, liberals claim everything from deficits don't matter to deficits are good, to deficits aren't high enough. But now we should fear trumps deficits for some reason...

It is so because you do not know the difference between a "budget deficit" and "national debt"..........

Study up friend.......

As I said, facts are stubborn things.

"With you this is hopeless...............Obama more than halved the budget in his term as president as he promised..."

You posted this.

The 3.5 vs 4.2 is the budget.

While I agree with most of what you say......

I believe HRC policies will be better for the economy than Trump's......

HRC calls for a tax increase taxing the folks who have been getting a free lunch all too long.......

If pass thru the congress the increase will eliminate the deficit and pay down debt.........

So say the numbers......

But key to it all is "pass thru congress"........

Unless Democrats can control both the House and have a super majority in the Senate ..........

It will be 8 long Obama-like years

How long have you had this jealousy for what someone else has? Free lunch? You have no concept of what others pay in taxes nor do you understand what each tax paid is supposed to fund. You bought hook, line, and sinker the Unified budget of LBJ

While I agree with most of what you say......

I believe HRC policies will be better for the economy than Trump's......

HRC calls for a tax increase taxing the folks who have been getting a free lunch all too long.......

i'm not holding my breath.

If pass thru the congress the increase will eliminate the deficit and pay down debt.........

So say the numbers......

But key to it all is "pass thru congress"........

Unless Democrats can control both the House and have a super majority in the Senate ..........

It will be 8 long Obama-like years

it will be different. the US is going to expand the wars. both candidates have something to prove : that a woman can run the military, or that someone who is unfit for office can run the military. that means significantly expanding the wars to dive into the quicksand of IS, and then whatever replaces it.

It is not important what my expectations were.........

But with the do nothing anti-anything Obama congress any major reduction would be difficult......

You seem to forget it is congress who makes the budget........

And the House controls the spending........both of which are GOP controlled.......

So to blame anything financial on Obama is difficult to impossible.......

Therefore reducing the deficit in the fiscal years as president reduced what the additions to the national debt6 would have been.......

And to more that half the deficit fulfilled the election promise he made ...........

Now you can continue with your selective argument of saying the difference between the comparison of apples and oranges is proof of an Obama failure.......

Which IMHO is a knowingly mendacious assertion.........

Anti Obama Congress? You mean the Congress that gave us the 842 billion stimulus for shovel ready jobs and Obamacare? When exactly did the GOP take OVER Congress and when exactly did the deficit get cut in half?

Love how you ignore history, actual verifiable data to promote what the leftwing tells you to say. Not sure you even know what an apples and oranges comparison really is

False comparisons and intellectually dishonest

Then post verifiable accurate data to refute what I have posted? You simply have no understanding of deficits, debt, or the budget process at all. That my friend is true intellectual dishonesty and it is all yours

Proving once again that you have zero understanding of what budgets, debt or deficits are. Halving the budget is not halving the deficit. And it does absolutely nothing for the debt.

Please check what you claim and fix the error you made.......

Funny considering your thread title. So which is it?

If that were true, it would only reduce potential debt if the budget didn't exceed the actual GNP.

Except he didn't. It's fictional cover for extremely poor budgeting. There isn't one year during Obama's terms where we didn't have a budget deficit.

Twaddle

As I said, facts are stubborn things.

"With you this is hopeless...............Obama more than halved the budget in his term as president as he promised..."

You posted this.

The 3.5 vs 4.2 is the budget.

You seem for have altered what I posted by deleting the word "deficit".......Was that intentional?

How long have you had this jealousy for what someone else has? Free lunch? You have no concept of what others pay in taxes nor do you understand what each tax paid is supposed to fund. You bought hook, line, and sinker the Unified budget of LBJ

WOW..........I never knew that........

BTW

I am not the subject of this string so lets try band focus your post no the subject........

And stop with the personally directed snide remarks.....

You seem for have altered what I posted by deleting the word "deficit".......Was that intentional?

It's a cut and paste from your post #87.

Again: Cut and pasted:

With you this is hopeless...............Obama more than halved the budget in his term as president as he promised....

Don't you even bother reading your own posts/

WOW..........I never knew that........

BTW

I am not the subject of this string so lets try band focus your post no the subject........

And stop with the personally directed snide remarks.....

For some reason you want to focus on Trump and a projected debt and ignore the current 19.2 trillion dollar debt we actually have, why is that? How about telling us which is worse, deficit or debt? Any idea what the taxpayers pay debt service on?

As for Trump and as you have shown many times, economic growth is never an issue with the left. When you raise taxes and take more spendable income from people what does that do to economic activity? Further do you know the components of GDP since you ignored the world comparison. How much of our economy is dependent on Trade or world markets?

How about addressing the questions raised?

It's a cut and paste from your post #87.

Again: Cut and pasted:

With you this is hopeless...............Obama more than halved the budget in his term as president as he promised....

Don't you even bother reading your own posts/

So what.......it there anything wrong with the material?

For some reason you want to focus on Trump and a projected debt and ignore the current 19.2 trillion dollar debt we actually have, why is that? How about telling us which is worse, deficit or debt? Any idea what the taxpayers pay debt service on?

As for Trump and as you have shown many times, economic growth is never an issue with the left. When you raise taxes and take more spendable income from people what does that do to economic activity? Further do you know the components of GDP since you ignored the world comparison. How much of our economy is dependent on Trade or world markets?

I focused only on posting a news report of an independent economic analysis.......

I'm just the messenger here...........

BTW

I have a degree in Economics and am familiar with what you speak of and a whole lot more

I is pointless in replying..........You are all over the place and have unfocused questions which have noting to do with the Trump economic analysis ...........

So what.......it there anything wrong with the material?
Yes. It's incorrect.

Two do overs are all you're allowed. You posted an incorrect statement then doubled down on it. Now you want a diversion.

I don't do diversions.

I focused only on posting a news report of an independent economic analysis.......

I'm just the messenger here...........

BTW

I have a degree in Economics and am familiar with what you speak of and a whole lot more

And I refuted it with ACTUAL TREASURY DATA, which one is more accurate and which one costs the taxpayers? If you have a degree in economics you would understand that you keeping more of what you earn isn't an expense to the govt. and does generate economic activity which generates revenue which is never discussed by the left

I is pointless in replying..........You are all over the place and have unfocused questions which have noting to do with the Trump economic analysis ...........

Because that isn't an economic analysis as it doesn't address economic growth and that is a major factor in revenue generation

Because that isn't an economic analysis as it doesn't address economic growth and that is a major factor in revenue generation

Let me know when you're done.

I will never be done making you look foolish and economically challenged

Under democrats, liberals claim everything from deficits don't matter to deficits are good, to deficits aren't high enough. But now we should fear trumps deficits for some reason...

er uh fletch, your intentional "misparaphrasing" of what democrats say is only to deflect from the flaming hypocrisy of conservatives concerning debt and deficits. You and yours were literally screaming to reduce the deficit the last 7 years and now sit quietly by as republican after republican has proposed deficit ballooning tax cuts. You cant respond to the facts hence you deflect.

er uh fletch, your intentional "misparaphrasing" of what democrats say is only to deflect from the flaming hypocrisy of conservatives concerning debt and deficits. You and yours were literally screaming to reduce the deficit the last 7 years and now sit quietly by as republican after republican has proposed deficit ballooning tax cuts. You cant respond to the facts hence you deflect.

there you go again with that leftwing spin where in your world YOU keeping more of what you earn is an expense to the Federal Govt. and where economic growth will be the same with people having less spendable income because of higher taxes. You are a good little liberal soldier either paid by the left or simply out of touch with reality. How is that civics class coming?

Is it liberal logic that with a 19.2 trillion dollar debt that you can generate enough tax revenue to pay down that debt by taxing only the rich?

Is it liberal logic that economic growth and activity have zero affect on federal tax revenue?

Only in the liberal world does keeping more of what one earns equal an expense to the federal govt. Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates this loyalty and lack of basic economic sense?

it is quite telling how the left has indoctrinated their base into believing the govt. needs the money more than the taxpayers and how cutting true budget expenses and keeping taxes higher is the answer to solving the deficit/debt problem

Then of course there is liberal logic, Bush caused the entire 2009 deficit without an approved budget, with spending authority ending in March 2009, and with 450 billion spent in TARP and even though paid back never used to reduce the budget deficit thus blaming Bush.

Yes, liberals are interesting creatures easily fooled by rhetoric but civics challenged

Back
Top Bottom