• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump

Re: Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for T

I'll guarantee you that his investment in this country is a hell of a lot bigger than Henrin's or any of the other Trumpies out there, and sure as hell bigger than Cheeto Face.

I'll take that guarantee and accept it :thumbs:

Re: Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for T

That's dumb. Is he supposed to forgo his plans because the government wants him? Anyway, when those deferments ran out he failed the exam and the government didn't want him anymore. It's not as if he ran away or something, but instead he used legal avenues and when those legal avenues were used up he went to get the medical exam that he would end up failing.

So he played games with the law so he wouldn't have to go, and then when he couldn't do that anymore it turned out he wasn't even capable of passing a medical exam.

And this is the guy you want in charge of the country?

f*** I hate Bush

who knew I would find his merits

not me

but here I stand

Bush is not a bad person. He may have had a lot of bad policies as president, but he is not a bad person. We have never had a bad person in my life as president. The closest we have came in the last 100 years is Richard Nixon, but even with his personal flaws, he wasn't at his core a bad person. We tend to not elect bad people to the presidency and that is why I don't think Trump has a chance in the end of winning.

Meanwhile at the DNC:

A couple of dozen "Bernie or Bust" scumbags did that at the convention. The tens of thousands of other attendees were shouting USA, USA to drown them out.

So he played games with the law so he wouldn't have to go, and then when he couldn't do that anymore it turned out he wasn't even capable of passing a medical exam.

And this is the guy you want in charge of the country?

Using legal deferments isn't playing games with the law. You were allowed to get out of the draft if you were going to school, and that is exactly what he was doing at the time. He also couldn't go because of a foot condition, which he had no control over.

their son is dead, show some respect for the fact that he died in YOUR military unless of course you don't support your military?

how hard is it to acknowledge the death of someone who did what most would not have?

If I meet the son in heaven I will let him now that I respect his service.

But his service does not give his parents either extra points or a suit of armour when they decide to play the game of politics.

Donald Trumpâ€[emoji769]s slander of Captain Humayun Khanâ€[emoji769]s family is horrifying, even for Trump - Vox [/FONT][/COLOR]

You know a normal well adjusted individual that had a conscience, was capable of even a shred of empathy, and wasn't a walking personality disorder, would have simply responded with something like "I would just like to thank them for their son's service and sacrifice for this country" and moved on. Trump of course doesn't seem to have a conscience and is just a bigot and an all around narcissistic asshole, so that was his response. The good thing about having Trump in the race is that in many ways it vindicates Richard Nixon.

You know maybe she didn't speak because its pretty hard to get up there and speak before a crowd of tens of thousands of people with potentially tens of millions of people watching on TV, and it was a very emotional moment for her, thus she just wanted her husband to speak for both them as parents of a son that had given his life for this country. How sad is that that in the greatest country on earth, such a cruel, pathetic little man is running for president of it.

Wow.

Every day there's a new statement that disqualifies him from being President.

Every. Damn. Day.

Using legal deferments isn't playing games with the law. You were allowed to get out of the draft if you were going to school, and that is exactly what he was doing at the time. He also couldn't go because of a foot condition, which he had no control over.

A "foot condition" huh. That's the lamest ****ing excuse I've heard in a while.

I'll have to try that one out

"Hey, can you take out the trash?"

"Sorry, I can't go. I have a "foot condition""

A "foot condition" huh. That's the lamest ****ing excuse I've heard in a while.

I'll have to try that one out

"Hey, can you take out the trash?"

"Sorry, I can't go. I have a "foot condition""

The military thought it was valid. :shrug:

The military thought it was valid. :shrug:

It's entirely possible the Donald's father made a phone call or paid somebody off.

Alternatively, they realized what a ****ty leader he'd make and didn't want to waste their time.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump - Vox [/FONT][/COLOR]

You know a normal well adjusted individual that had a conscience, was capable of even a shred of empathy, and wasn't a walking personality disorder, would have simply responded with something like "I would just like to thank them for their son's service and sacrifice for this country" and moved on. Trump of course doesn't seem to have a conscience and is just a bigot and an all around narcissistic asshole, so that was his response. The good thing about having Trump in the race is that in many ways it vindicates Richard Nixon.

You know maybe she didn't speak because its pretty hard to get up there and speak before a crowd of tens of thousands of people with potentially tens of millions of people watching on TV, and it was a very emotional moment for her, thus she just wanted her husband to speak for both them as parents of a son that had given his life for this country. How sad is that that in the greatest country on earth, such a cruel, pathetic little man is running for president of it.
Did Trump say something bad about the fallen soldier? Or did he just insult the soldiers father who decided to politicize his sons death?

If I meet the son in heaven I will let him now that I respect his service.

But his service does not give his parents either extra points or a suit of armour when they decide to play the game of politics.

they have the right to speak their opinion

if others find no truth, that is up to them

Wow.

Every day there's a new statement that disqualifies him from being President.

Every. Damn. Day.
Hillarys lies would normally disqualify her too, but liberals don't care about that. So you cant really jump on Trump supporters for defending a bad candidate when liberals are dong the same thing.

It's entirely possible the Donald's father made a phone call or paid somebody off.

Alternatively, they realized what a ****ty leader he'd make and didn't want to waste their time.

It's possible, but in the end the military made the discovery of the condition and the decision to send him back home.

Do you honestly think that any president we have had would have done what Trump did? Seriously, what do you think Bush would have said in response to that? Setting aside of course that Bush never proposed banning Muslim immigration to this country or putting the entire Muslim community in this country under surveillance. I don't know, maybe I am naive, but I expect common decency out of presidents and major party candidates for president and in my 40 years on this earth I have gotten common decency out of all of them until Trump.

Common decency for whom? You? Your party, whatever it be? Common decency in this country died a long time ago. That is it ever existed in the first place. Hence why we are here with these two steaming turds running for office. Personally I appreciate the blunt talk. Its been needed for a very long time. Too many people that can throw the verbal punches, but cant take em. I say good, the more speech, the merrier. Its time for good old fashioned knock down drag out fight. The kind they had when this country started. A real fight. Not this pillow fight everyone is moaning over. You go back and see how real men and women fought in politics. Todays ******s would go crying to the mamas to make the bad people stop. Boo fricken hoo. :golf

Bush is not a bad person. He may have had a lot of bad policies as president, but he is not a bad person. We have never had a bad person in my life as president. The closest we have came in the last 100 years is Richard Nixon, but even with his personal flaws, he wasn't at his core a bad person. We tend to not elect bad people to the presidency and that is why I don't think Trump has a chance in the end of winning.

I agree right up until your prediction of the Trump defeat...I predict Trump will win, the time is right and he is right for the time

I have thought he would from the moment he opened his mouth

Did Trump say something bad about the fallen soldier? Or did he just insult the soldiers father who decided to politicize his sons death?

Exactly. He said nothing about the soldier that I have heard. He was responding to a man who had traded on his son's death to justify attacking Mr. Trump in a speech at the Democrats' convention. I agree with Trump, at least in principle, about excluding alien Muslims.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump - Vox [/FONT][/COLOR]

You know maybe she didn't speak because its pretty hard to get up there and speak before a crowd of tens of thousands of people with potentially tens of millions of people watching on TV, and it was a very emotional moment for her, thus she just wanted her husband to speak for both them as parents of a son that had given his life for this country. How sad is that that in the greatest country on earth, such a cruel, pathetic little man is running for president of it.[/Qi guess

TRUMP is not PC enough for you,i did not see the fathers of the murdered police,nor the mothers of the good men that where left to die in benghazi,how about the fathers and mothers of the dead in Orlando..
tell me something ,where is the outrage from the muslin community over the prIest that was beheaded at the alter of his church,at 1.5 billion strong,i would thank i could hear the muslin outrage by just raising a window.
there is not outrage from the muslim community none ,so this guy and his lost son are just victems of hillary clinton's and obama's foreign pollicy,or should i say their lack of one.

run don run

I am not going to engage in a debate on conscience and common decency with you. Either one's parents instilled it in them, or they didn't. The soldier's father pointed out that Muslims die for this country. That is what he did.

I'll guarantee you that his investment in this country is a hell of a lot bigger than Henrin's or any of the other Trumpies out there, and sure as hell bigger than Cheeto Face.

'Cheeto Face' - that is perfect.

Contrasts with the yellow stripe down his back.

I agree right up until your prediction of the Trump defeat...I predict Trump will win, the time is right and he is right for the time

I have thought he would from the moment he opened his mouth

A Republican has to get 40% of the Hispanic vote to win. Do you see Trump doing that? Even 10%?

Exactly. He said nothing about the soldier that I have heard. He was responding to a man who had traded on his son's death to justify attacking Mr. Trump in a speech at the Democrats' convention. I agree with Trump, at least in principle, about excluding alien Muslims.

Then I don't see why this is an issue. This man decided to politicize his own sons death--which is what Trump should have blasted the guy for--on the national stage. He deserves any return fire he receives. As for Trump wanting to hear from the wife, what wrong with that? I guess liberals like their women to stand in the back and remain silent on issues like this.

I am not going to engage in a debate on conscience and common decency with you.
What does that have to do with what I asked?
Either one's parents instilled it in them, or they didn't. The soldier's father pointed out that Muslims die for this country. That is what he did.

Did he attack Trump? And why should I care what this guy thinks?

A Republican has to get 40% of the Hispanic vote to win. Do you see Trump doing that? Even 10%?

honestly I don't know...he has gone further and faster than most anyone thought he could

I am hoping that when he wins, he will back track, and think, and muzzle himself and disappoint the loud, belligerent and the ignorant

is that possible?

he's all ego...that is his flaw...that is his leash...he can be leashed via his ego *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom