• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ Expands Probe Into 1-6 and Surrounding Events

Political protest? Is that what you tell yourself 1/6 was? I remember a time when thousands and thousands marched on washington during the vietnam war and not once did I see any group of people smash their way into the capitol demanding change. Those folks weren't defending democracy, they were trying to destroy it.

I remember that very well.

In fact, for several years from about 1967 until about 1973, you couldn’t go to the Smithsonian or Lafayette Square without seeing anti war protestors.

The Million Man march, which was far bigger than Trump’s insurrection involved no violence at all. Nor did Martin Luther King’s speech, also before a much bigger crowd.

The 1/6 mob was mostly useful idiots, recruited by a well focuses social media campaign and backed fully by the right wing noise machine.

In their midst were groups of skinheads, strategically stationed and communicating with each other throughout. Their role was to turn the last Trump rally into a riot. The scheme was coordinated, planned and initially executed by operatives in the White House with the full knowledge and participation of Trump.

That isn't what the DOJ is expanding its probe into it.
They are expanding their probe into the rally itself.
What was the date of 'the rally'?
That isn't what the DOJ is expanding its probe into it.
They are expanding their probe into the rally itself.
So the DOJ is now looking into conspiracy theories, you say.

So they are investigating political protests...you ask.

And again, what was the date of 'the rally'?

What was the date of 'the rally'?

So the DOJ is now looking into conspiracy theories, you say.

So they are investigating political protests...you ask.

And again, what was the date of 'the rally'?

Oh, my recollection is that it was Jan 6.
I also recall that people are allowed to assemble and protest.

Oh, my recollection is that it was Jan 6.
I also recall that people are allowed to assemble and protest.
Indeed people do have that right. They do not however have the right to smash their way into the capitol building. You have the right to throw a punch, you just don't have the right to hit someone with said punch. Get it?

Indeed people do have that right. They do not however have the right to smash their way into the capitol building. You have the right to throw a punch, you just don't have the right to hit someone with said punch. Get it?

Of course.
But what does that have to do with the rally?

The House dog and pony show is running out of steam...so they are shifting it over to the DOJ.

shrug...

Doesn't matter. It's all about the narrative, anyway. Just another opportunity for the media to say, "false claims".
Shifting to the doj is what happens when they discover things. Doj has to bring any charges.

The House dog and pony show is running out of steam...so they are shifting it over to the DOJ.

shrug...

Doesn't matter. It's all about the narrative, anyway. Just another opportunity for the media to say, "false claims".
Look at who is trying to minimize violent insurrection....don't you get tired of this bullshit?

Of course.
But what does that have to do with the rally?
It was a riot, not a rally. Trump rallied his believers into rioting and smashing their way into the capitol to 'stop the steal'. Or am I mistaken?

The house is investigating, it's up to the doj to bring charges, not the house.
The OP's article doesn't say a thing about bringing charges.

Ginny Thomas’ texts are what finally brought Justice into the investigation.
Really? Who told you that? It certainly wasn't the OP's article.

That article says the DOJ is looking into the rally organizers. Ginni Thomas wasn't one of them.

Shifting to the doj is what happens when they discover things. Doj has to bring any charges.
What have they discovered?

According to the OP's article, they haven't discovered anything. They are just looking into things.

I think they should prosecute anyone that even watched this on TV. Of course, not Democrats, because all Republicans are in on this, knew about it, helped plan it, and of course, cheered it on. Oh, and Hunter's laptop was completely fabricated by Russians, because every Democrat said so.

Look at who is trying to minimize violent insurrection....don't you get tired of this bullshit?
I haven't said a word about any insurrection...violent or otherwise.

It took Garland long enough, this should have happened a year ago.
It didn't take him "long enough". This was delayed until now because they need to keep this alive until the election. If they did this a yer ago, it would be old news by now. Look for them to announce a few more things getting closer to the election.

What have they discovered?

According to the OP's article, they haven't discovered anything. They are just looking into things.
And why are they looking into them now?

I remember that very well.

In fact, for several years from about 1967 until about 1973, you couldn’t go to the Smithsonian or Lafayette Square without seeing anti war protestors.

The Million Man march, which was far bigger than Trump’s insurrection involved no violence at all. Nor did Martin Luther King’s speech, also before a much bigger crowd.

The 1/6 mob was mostly useful idiots, recruited by a well focuses social media campaign and backed fully by the right wing noise machine.

In their midst were groups of skinheads, strategically stationed and communicating with each other throughout. Their role was to turn the last Trump rally into a riot. The scheme was coordinated, planned and initially executed by operatives in the White House with the full knowledge and participation of Trump.
I guess you missed the violent attack on the White House in the Summer of 2020? Dozens of Secret Service agents injured, the President had to be moved to a secure location, just like Nancy Pelosi. Except the left mocked Trump for that. It was a big joke to the left.

Of course not. But, as with most things in politics, timing is everything.
Are you saying we should have waited a few years to start the investigation? What timing would have been better in your opinion?

It didn't take him "long enough". This was delayed until now because they need to keep this alive until the election. If they did this a yer ago, it would be old news by now. Look for them to announce a few more things getting closer to the election.
Conspiracy thinking

Back
Top Bottom