• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does your spouse/family over-react or are over-concerned with you?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
My husband fails to realize that I mow our entire yard every week - 1.25 acres - push-mowed. I do this whether it's 90 outside or 110 - I get it done. I've never had a horrible sunburn. I've never experienced heat-sickness of any type - I'm always *fine* - I know how to keep myself hydrated and protected from dangers. I've been doing this FOR YEARS.

My husband's off work for a week and today I mowed the lawn and he FREAKED out. It's friday - it's lawn day - and now it's done.

All day he kept suggesting that I use the riding mower (nevermind that I haven't used that thing in 2 years - push mowing is part of my exercise routine - I am losing weight, remember? - well, he doesn't remember. :roll:

He freaked thinking I can't handle the heat, humidity and sun.

He freaked thinking that I'll get sick and die for heat stroke . . . and dehydration.

He kept telling me to *wait until it cools off* :roll: IT'S THE SUMMER IN ARKANSAS - WHEN IS IT EVER 'COOL' during daylight hours?'

What am I suppose to do - mow in the middle of the damn night?

He kept asking "what's wrong with the riding mower?"
NOTHING'S wrong with it - but it's LAZY to use it and I'd rather get some cardio in and push mow the yard!

:doh

Does anyone else have people in their life like this- that no matter how much you routinely do something they over react and are over-concerned with you?

Awwww, I think I really like your husband!!! Can't believe that you mow over an acre with a hand mower. UnBELIEVABLE!!! You go, girl!!!!!

No. I overreact and am overly concerned for everybody else.
Nobody worries about me. My husband and kids think I'm immortal.
My dad's always pushed me into taking more risks- or having bigger adventures anyway- than I'm ready to undertake. When I was a teenager, he encouraged me to move to Prague. Alone. Apparently with nothing but the clothes on my back. He said that's where things were "happening" for writers and artists at the time, kind of like the French Riviera in the 20s.
I kind of figured he just wanted me out of his geographical vicinity, so that if I broke the law he wouldn't be blamed for it (I was running wild at the time).
But, no; nobody "worries" about me. Worrying- and fretting, and nagging, and panicking, and obsessing- is my role.
I do it so well there's no room for any other worriers in the family.

Does anyone else have people in their life like this- that no matter how much you routinely do something they over react and are over-concerned with you?

My husband used to be somewhat that way, but he figured out that I'm going to do what I want to anyway.:mrgreen: Now he just laughs if off as my German genes.:)

Be happy you have someone that gives a **** about you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom