• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does "The Butler" get Ronald Reagan Wrong?

Back to the Tina Fey comment that ignorant liberals love to quote.

Was Palin wrong when she said you can see Russia from Alaska?

If the Butler incorrectly portrays people, it should be shunned.

So?

Do you think that such interviews should qualify or disqualify someone? Ever have a brain cramp?

Good leaders know how to bring in experts on a topic and make good decisions based on arguments for and against.

I constantly see the public acting like a presidential election is voting for their High School president. The most popular and charismatic kid rather than the best selection. Like it of not, Palin has been one of the most down to earth people in politics in a long time. She may not be the best at in real time questions, but she would make a good leader.

Yes, she led Alaska so well she quit halfway through her term. LOL.

As for a leader, I want one who has at least a couple of marbles bouncing around in their head, not an idiot.

Here's another Palin hit. She could not even answer the question that asked her to name a founding father of our nation. She couldn't remember even one, until she finally remembered Goerge Washington.

I could name most of them when I was 5 years old. Sheesh.

Total fabrication, several incarnations of it over the decades: snopes.com: Jane Fonda and American POWs in North Vietnam

Fonda did, in fact, bring mail from the USA to POW's in Hanoi, and she brought 241 letters from POW's back to their families in the USA. Fonda met only seven POW's, knew their names, which are now public record, and all seven of them deny ever "slipping her social security numbers". There was certainly no need, since they told her their names, and upon returning to the USA Fonda contacted some relatives of the POW's she'd met to relay information about the meeting. Those were the only POW's she met in Hanoi.

I think what Fonda did was despicable, although I believe her motives were pure, if naive. She was very young at the time, and allowed herself and her hatred of the war to become a propaganda tool, something she now regrets. I personally hate what she did. We've all done things that in retrospect we wish to hell we hadn't. But this mass of vicious lies being propagated over decades is frankly more despicable than anything a foolishly naive young woman did in her desperate zeal to end a war that a huge hunk of this nation was completely against in the first place.

Now let the sputtering of "LIES!!! LIES!!!" begin. :)

So, you're trying to say that the treasonous hag didn't commit treason?

Because it was best for Alaska.

As for a leader, I want one who has at least a couple of marbles bouncing around in their head, not an idiot.
She's just fine in that catagory. She's just not a good spur of the moment speaker.

Here's another Palin hit. She could not even answer the question that asked her to name a founding father of our nation. She couldn't remember even one, until she finally remembered Goerge Washington.

Is this a lie from you or do you need your hearing checked? She wasn't asked to name a founding father. She was asked to name her favorite. I have to think a few minutes myself on such questions, to weigh the differences.

I see nothing to make her look bad, unless you are looking to make her look bad.

Your bias is showing.

Obama thinks there are 57 states, too. Your point?

So, you're trying to say that the treasonous hag didn't commit treason?

No, what I said was that your allegations against her were false, and had been debunked many times over. You are deflecting again.

Obama thinks there are 57 states, too. Your point?
Of his leaning, there are 57 states.

57states.jpg

No, what I said was that your allegations against her were false, and had been debunked many times over. You are deflecting again.

Regardless of treason or not, Hanoi Jane is a disgrace.

So . . . you do not believe she provided aid and comfort to the enemy?

I agree this is nothing more than a liberal slander piece with the pig Fonda deliberately cast in the role of Nancy Reagan. I like to think of it more as a birds eye view of what Obama's real duties in the White House are.

Total fabrication, several incarnations of it over the decades: snopes.com: Jane Fonda and American POWs in North Vietnam

Fonda did, in fact, bring mail from the USA to POW's in Hanoi, and she brought 241 letters from POW's back to their families in the USA. Fonda met only seven POW's, knew their names, which are now public record, and all seven of them deny ever "slipping her social security numbers". There was certainly no need, since they told her their names, and upon returning to the USA Fonda contacted some relatives of the POW's she'd met to relay information about the meeting. Those were the only POW's she met in Hanoi.

I think what Fonda did was despicable, although I believe her motives were pure, if naive. She was very young at the time, and allowed herself and her hatred of the war to become a propaganda tool, something she now regrets. I personally hate what she did. We've all done things that in retrospect we wish to hell we hadn't. But this mass of vicious lies being propagated over decades is frankly more despicable than anything a foolishly naive young woman did in her desperate zeal to end a war that a huge hunk of this nation was completely against in the first place.

Now let the sputtering of "LIES!!! LIES!!!" begin. :)

Nice to see some common sense injected into this thread.

If you had read my post, you already know I found her behavior and actions to be despicable.

Then, why are you defending the treasonus ****?

It was Benedict Arnold's wife's idea to sell out to the British, not his, but that doesn't make him any less of a traitor.

Then, why are you defending the treasonus ****?

It was Benedict Arnold's wife's idea to sell out to the British, not his, but that doesn't make him any less of a traitor.

Why then, your unreasoning hatred of someone you never met, evidently know precious little about, and who has affected your life not one whit?

And if, say, a film "based on" JFK's life showed him as a closet pedophile, would that be OK? :peace

The character is the hook on which the story arc is hung. JFK did have skeletons in his closet, but those were different times, and they remained there. Why not wirte a movie based on your fantasy?

Fonda never committed treason. She's a so-so actor but that's not treason.

The character is the hook on which the story arc is hung. JFK did have skeletons in his closet, but those were different times, and they remained there. Why not wirte a movie based on your fantasy?

There is such a thing as innocent fictionalization when introducing real historical figures into dramatic narratives. In such a situation the artist has an obligation not to abuse his license by gratuitous and historically baseless attacks on the historical figure. That obligation was not met in "The Butler." In a film with race relations at its center, the misrepresentation of RWR amounts to descent into agit-prop. :peace

I didn't see hag in any of those pics. Please cite the hag in the following images. . .

Images of Jane Fonda « Images of Sexy Women

Of course you don't, you're fine with cozying up to the traitor. The hypocrisy of your liberal attitude is showing. You don't care how rotten the contents are as long as you find the package sexually appealling. Disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom