• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does "The Butler" get Ronald Reagan Wrong?

Nancy Reagan was a real person. The treasonous whore Jane Fonda portraying Nancy Reagan is like Bradley Manning portraying JFK.

Or like Ronald Reagan playing Bradley Manning.

That back stabbin' bitch should have been in handcuffs the very second she set foot on American soil.

have you ever read anything about what "actually" happened instead of how she was portrayed by the media?

Ok, let me try and help you out here: the movie is FICTION! Cecil Gaines is not a real person.

However the character is based on the life of Eugene Allen who did grow up in the segregated South and did serve in the White House for 34 years. Many of the things shown really happened in his life, while others were fiction. For example he only had one son not two, and while that son served in Vietnam he was not killed but actually survived the war. The other son who experienced all the radicalism of the civil rights erashown in the movie was fictional.

He was given a tie belonging to John F. Kennedy by Jackie Kennedy, he was invited to sit with the Reagans at a White House dinner, and he was invited to Obama's inauguration and seated with the VIP's. When the film focuses on his personal experiences, much is true.

Last edited:
have you ever read anything about what "actually" happened instead of how she was portrayed by the media?

The American prisoners at the Hanoi Hilton gave her messages, to bring back to states confirming that they were POW's and not MIA, or KIA. That no good slut gave the messages to the prison commandant. After she did that, prisoners--AMERICANS--were tortured to death. That makes her complicit with murder. She should have been arrested, tried and executed for treason.

I well know what happened.

The American prisoners at the Hanoi Hilton gave her messages, to bring back to states confirming that they were POW's and not MIA, or KIA. That no good slut gave the messages to the prison commandant. After she did that, prisoners--AMERICANS--were tortured to death. That makes her complicit with murder. She should have been arrested, tried and executed for treason.

Something tells me this conversation will go nowhere. I'm gonna take my marbles and go home now.

Did she ever give the reason why she did give the messages to the cammandant?

Did she ever give the reason why she did give the messages to the cammandant?

I don't know and I don't care. She sold out our service members, because she's a communist sympathizing, treasonous, ho-bag-bitch.

There's NO excuse for selling out our troops that way.

Something tells me this conversation will go nowhere. I'm gonna take my marbles and go home now.

Run! Run and ignore the facts! Do as all Libbos do and refuse reality, so you can live nice and cozy in the lies that you've been sold in your warm and fuzzy Leftist world.

I don't know and I don't care. She sold out our service members, because she's a communist sympathizing, treasonous, ho-bag-bitch.

There's NO excuse for selling out our troops that way.

There are two sides to every story, and If you are not going to tell me the reason she gave to explain her actions, you are contorting the story to suit your perspective.

There are two sides to every story, and If you are not going to tell me the reason she gave to explain her actions, you are contorting the story to suit your perspective.

How about YOU tell us? Hmm?

What excuse did the scumbag bitch use for allowing herself to be used as a propaganda tool?

Jane+FondaVietnam.jpg

How about YOU tell us? Hmm?

What excuse did the scumbag bitch use for allowing herself to be used as a propaganda tool?

Jane+FondaVietnam.jpg

Did she ever sat in the anti air gun knowing that she was going to be photographed? The north Vietnamese prabably staged the event without her knowing it.

Or is that not enough?

Did she ever sat in the anti air gun knowing that she was going to be photographed? The north Vietnamese prabably staged the event without her knowing it.

Or is that not enough?

So, she's just stupid? Is that the excuse? If it is, it's not good enough. She's still a traitorous, sleaze-bag whore who has the blood of American soldiers on her hands.

I hope I out-live her, so I can piss on her grave.

Here she is looking at the camera!

fondaBW.gif

Having a high-ol' time, while American troops suffer for her treason.

images

So, she's just stupid? Is that the excuse? If it is, it's not good enough. She's still a traitorous, sleaze-bag whore who has the blood of American soldiers on her hands.

I hope I out-live her, so I can piss on her grave.

Even the smartest people can be caught unaware, like if some one walks up to you and instead of saying hello he delivers a sucker punch to your gut.

Is part of the reason veterans like yourself hate Jane Fonda is because she was a vocal critic of our involvement in the veitnam war? Do you hate her as a anti-war activist.

I refuse to spend money on this movie because that traitorous whore is playing Nancy Reagan. That's the joke of the century.

I totally agree. Under normal circumstances I would not begrudge a person (liberal, conservative or otherwise) the right to earn a living. However, this pig, is responsible for the deaths and continuos torture of several POWs. Her smiling face sitting at an anti-aircraft gun is forever branded in my memory. When she finally dies, she best be buried in secret. Because I and hundreds of others in my generation will piss on her grave while singing God Bless America.

You are correct. Though outside of academia and maybe a few knowledgable people it will be the view of history on the "butler" and not the reality. When Hollywood portrays a story of a real figure changing their name is not enough to cause people to reflect on the real character and the story that is real.

It is still sad that Hollywood would need to malign RR. It's just as bad for someone to equate the desire for states rights to one of racism.

You probably thought Forrest Gump was a real person, didn't you?

Total fabrication, several incarnations of it over the decades: snopes.com: Jane Fonda and American POWs in North Vietnam

Fonda did, in fact, bring mail from the USA to POW's in Hanoi, and she brought 241 letters from POW's back to their families in the USA. Fonda met only seven POW's, knew their names, which are now public record, and all seven of them deny ever "slipping her social security numbers". There was certainly no need, since they told her their names, and upon returning to the USA Fonda contacted some relatives of the POW's she'd met to relay information about the meeting. Those were the only POW's she met in Hanoi.

I think what Fonda did was despicable, although I believe her motives were pure, if naive. She was very young at the time, and allowed herself and her hatred of the war to become a propaganda tool, something she now regrets. I personally hate what she did. We've all done things that in retrospect we wish to hell we hadn't. But this mass of vicious lies being propagated over decades is frankly more despicable than anything a foolishly naive young woman did in her desperate zeal to end a war that a huge hunk of this nation was completely against in the first place.

Now let the sputtering of "LIES!!! LIES!!!" begin. :)

Yes it is.

When Tina Fay said "I can see Russia from my house" it was funny, comedy and entertainment. I laughed, very funny and it was cool. It was not her fault 20 some percent of Democrats still attribute the funny comment to Sarah Palin. It's one line, it was humor, and not historic in any way.

When a major movie production takes history, misrepresents it, and applies a racist label to a non racist it is hollywoods fault. In fact I'd go so far as to say that was their intent because they dislike the conservative icon to misrepresent him in such a negative way.

If you surveyed people 20 years from now about who was the "butler" the chances are they'd say Mr.Gaines which is enormously sad for Mr. Allen deserving his place in history.

Actually, Tina Fey was making fun of Palin, because Palin really DID say this:

Yes, Sarah Palin is a dumbass.

Every historical movie is of course going to take some creative liberties in order to spice up the story.

Actually, Tina Fey was making fun of Palin, because Palin actually said this:

Yes, Sarah Palin is a dumbass.

You should watch the whole interview instead of one snippet out of context.

Tell me...

Was what she said a factual error, or factual truth?

You should watch the whole interview instead of one snippet out of context.

Tell me...

Was what she said a factual error, or factual truth?

Nothing was taken out of context. Palin changed the subject after she said that. She was good at that. Watch how she talks around the "Q" when she is stumped on a Supreme Court question that she couldn't answer.

Nothing was taken out of context. Palin changed the subject after she said that. She was good at that. Watch how she talks around the "Q" when she is stumped on a Supreme Court question that she couldn't answer.

So?

Do you think that such interviews should qualify or disqualify someone? Ever have a brain cramp?

Good leaders know how to bring in experts on a topic and make good decisions based on arguments for and against.

I constantly see the public acting like a presidential election is voting for their High School president. The most popular and charismatic kid rather than the best selection. Like it of not, Palin has been one of the most down to earth people in politics in a long time. She may not be the best at in real time questions, but she would make a good leader.

Back
Top Bottom