• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does the ACLU do more harm than good?

Does the ACLU do more harm than good?

• Oui

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Nyet

Votes: 37 50.7%

• Total voters
Missouri Mule said:
I'm in favor of giving all terrorists a speedy trial and then duly hanging them. Or hanging them first and then a trial. All the same to me.

I love how my fellow Americans throw stuff like this out there.
If they ARE Terrorists, than yes, they still deserve thier trial and then should get thier capital punishment.

But you failed to mention a speedy and FAIR trial. You just said speedy.

Also, like we did in Iraq, im pretty certain the government makes mistakes from time to time on the validity of thier case, whether or not this person actually did something wrong, or if its just government suspicion. This is why the trial is necessary, because we don't want to imprison/kill someone just because we THOUGHT they were guilty, we had better be damned sure. Thats what the trial is for.

You know what this type of jabbering from you reminds me of?
The days in our history of the good ole Communist Inquisition. Where anyone could be an evil dirty communist just by being friends with one, when you never knew they were communist in the first place. Stuff like that, silly really, America should be better than this.

Caine said:
I love how my fellow Americans throw stuff like this out there.
If they ARE Terrorists, than yes, they still deserve thier trial and then should get thier capital punishment.

But you failed to mention a speedy and FAIR trial. You just said speedy.

Also, like we did in Iraq, im pretty certain the government makes mistakes from time to time on the validity of thier case, whether or not this person actually did something wrong, or if its just government suspicion. This is why the trial is necessary, because we don't want to imprison/kill someone just because we THOUGHT they were guilty, we had better be damned sure. Thats what the trial is for.

You know what this type of jabbering from you reminds me of?
The days in our history of the good ole Communist Inquisition. Where anyone could be an evil dirty communist just by being friends with one, when you never knew they were communist in the first place. Stuff like that, silly really, America should be better than this.

If it will make you feel any better, I would be in favor of boiling the terrorists in pig fat. And throw in a few ACLU lawyers for seasoning. That would be after a fair and speedy trial. (which would take about five minutes.)

Missouri Mule said:
If it will make you feel any better, I would be in favor of boiling the terrorists in pig fat. And throw in a few ACLU lawyers for seasoning. That would be after a fair and speedy trial. (which would take about five minutes.)

Typical horseshit from your side of the debate.......

You are completely un-american for saying something like this.
This goes against everything Americans stand for in the first place.
Move your stupid ass to another country now before you disgrace mine any more.

The ACLU is only on your side when it is their political interest.

I tried to get the ACLU to help me in a civil right matter and they told me it was not worth it to them because it was 'only one individual involved'.

They can kiss my a**.

Caine said:
Typical horseshit from your side of the debate.......

You are completely un-american for saying something like this.
This goes against everything Americans stand for in the first place.
Move your stupid ass to another country now before you disgrace mine any more.

You don't like humor either, I see. Typical for your side of the aisle. No humor. Much like the early Communists in Soviet Union. Where did you say you came from?

We could put some salt and pepper in the boiling pot if you prefer. And when we find bin Laden, we force feed him the stew until he explodes like one of those ducks that they kill by forcing food down their throats with a funnel. That would be very appropriate for his kind. Don't you find that humorous?

Originally Posted by Missouri Mule:
You don't like humor either, I see. Typical for your side of the aisle. No humor. Much like the early Communists in Soviet Union. Where did you say you came from?

We could put some salt and pepper in the boiling pot if you prefer. And when we find bin Laden, we force feed him the stew until he explodes like one of those ducks that they kill by forcing food down their throats with a funnel. That would be very appropriate for his kind. Don't you find that humorous?
Democracy cannot work in a republic if we do not have a well informed population. The Neilson company said the average American household has the TV turned on a little over 8 hours a day. Now, if 8 are spent sleeping, the other 8 are spent working, then we spend the remaining time we have each day in front of that box, explains why we have posts such as yours.

Billo_Really said:
Democracy cannot work in a republic if we do not have a well informed population. The Neilson company said the average American household has the TV turned on a little over 8 hours a day. Now, if 8 are spent sleeping, the other 8 are spent working, then we spend the remaining time we have each day in front of that box, explains why we have posts such as yours.

Yeah but most Liberals are unemployed and don't work 8 hours........Just kidding........:lol:

Missouri Mule said:

No, I don't find it humorous because statements like this are the ones that make Americans look like hypocrites.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah but most Liberals are unemployed and don't work 8 hours........Just kidding........:lol:

Typical jack ass response from this stupid old ****er too.

Caine said:
No, I don't find it humorous because statements like this are the ones that make Americans look like hypocrites.

Maybe a little Tabasco sauce would spice it up a little. We might even want to make a recipe here. One part terrorist, one part ACLU lawyer, a pinch of salt, a dab of pepper and a shot of Tabasco. We can call it Terrorist/ACLU gumbo. Yummy, yummy, yummy in the tummy, tummy, tummy.

Can hardly wait.

Missouri Mule said:
Maybe a little Tabasco sauce would spice it up a little. We might even want to make a recipe here. One part terrorist, one part ACLU lawyer, a pinch of salt, a dab of pepper and a shot of Tabasco. We can call it Terrorist/ACLU gumbo. Yummy, yummy, yummy in the tummy, tummy, tummy.

Can hardly wait.

Did someone in the retirement home forget to read you your bedtime story?

I think your going senile

Caine said:
Did someone in the retirement home forget to read you your bedtime story?

I think your going senile

You don't like Gumbo? You should try it sometime. A Lousiana specialty. No one really knows what's in that cook pot but it is yummy.

galenrox said:
I just find it shocking that so many people who claim to love America seem to hate everything it stands for so much!
The ACLU protects us, and that's all of us. We all have these rights, and it is an all or none type of thing, cause if we infringe on the rights of one, who's to say you're not gonna be next?

I know exactly where all of this comes from. Selfishness and egocentrism. You guys love freedom, but that only pertains to your freedom, you don't give a crap about anyone else, and so the concept of someone using their freedom to do something that you don't like sickens you.
I hate NAMBLA as much as anyone, but that doesn't take away their rights.

Without the ACLU our democracy would've died long ago, and y'all would be the ones killing it

Gimme a break. If the ACLU had its way we would all be living under the Communist jackboots that brutally murdered 100 million people during the 20th Century.

One thing that I've never understood is why you people always take up for psychopaths and organizations with the blood of millions on their hands hollering and screaming about "rights." The naivete of you people astonish me. Utterly astonishes me.

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Yeah but most Liberals are unemployed and don't work 8 hours........Just kidding........
If their not working 8 hours, that's probably why their un-employed. I've only been on un-employment benefits twice since 1973. My father cut my allowance out when I was 12. He said, "You go out and get money like the rest of us". I had my first job when I was 14. Hated my first conservative when I was 15.

Missouri Mule said:
Gimme a break. If the ACLU had its way we would all be living under the Communist jackboots that brutally murdered 100 million people during the 20th Century.

One thing that I've never understood is why you people always take up for psychopaths and organizations with the blood of millions on their hands hollering and screaming about "rights." The naivete of you people astonish me. Utterly astonishes me.

Making more ignorant assumptions about an organization based upon thier "origins"

I guess if you had things your way, we would be the Christian States of America by now, with laws that are actually enforced banning anything that is deemed "immoral" by the Christian religion, segregated schools/busses/bathrooms/restaraunts/etc, women would still be in the kitchen for fear of getting thier ass beat, and all "sinners" would be arrested and thrown in jail without a fair trial.

Wait, that sounds like communism......and thats the sort of thing our constitution protects us from now, things the ACLU is working to keep from happening.

Oh, and Blacks would be getting beat and hung for what we consider misdeamenors now.

Caine said:
Making more ignorant assumptions about an organization based upon thier "origins"

I guess if you had things your way, we would be the Christian States of America by now, with laws that are actually enforced banning anything that is deemed "immoral" by the Christian religion, segregated schools/busses/bathrooms/restaraunts/etc, women would still be in the kitchen for fear of getting thier ass beat, and all "sinners" would be arrested and thrown in jail without a fair trial.

Wait, that sounds like communism......and thats the sort of thing our constitution protects us from now, things the ACLU is working to keep from happening.

Oh, and Blacks would be getting beat and hung for what we consider misdeamenors now.

Hey Caine, you got any kids.........Do you know this ACLU you love so much defended a pedophile organization........

Navy Pride said:
Hey Caine, you got any kids.........Do you know this ACLU you love so much defended a pedophile organization........

Were the rights of the pedophile organization being upheld?
I don't think the ACLU would have defended them if the courts were not violating hte rights of the organization.

Caine said:
Were the rights of the pedophile organization being upheld?
I don't think the ACLU would have defended them if the courts were not violating hte rights of the organization.

They defended a pedophile organization called NAMBLA North American Boy Love Association.......

You are disgusting boy..........

Navy Pride said:
They defended a pedophile organization called NAMBLA North American Boy Love Association.......

You are disgusting boy..........

Again, were they being denied thier rights? Your avoiding the question.
If thier rights were being denied, then of course the ACLU was right to step in.

We as a people in America cannot discriminate against the unpopular and leave them to continue to get screwed over by the government. If we were like that, we wouldn't have changed anything during the Civil Rights movement, or the Women's Freedom movements.

Caine said:

What makes you think I am Christian? You've reduced this argument to a childish behavior of petulance. I provided actual history and quotes by the founder and you don't like the facts so you attack me.

You know what they say about 10,000 ACLU lawyers at the bottom of the sea don't you? Answer below.
=
=
=
=
=
=
It's a good start."

Missouri Mule said:
What makes you think I am Christian? You've reduced this argument to a childish behavior of petulance. I provided actual history and quotes by the founder and you don't like the facts so you attack me.

I reduced this argument to childish behavior? Lets review, before I made my statement at you, which you didn't bother to deny that you want to live in such a society, and shame on you.... Lets take a look at what got my to my comments in the first place......

Missouri Mule said:

Maybe a little Tabasco sauce would spice it up a little. We might even want to make a recipe here. One part terrorist, one part ACLU lawyer, a pinch of salt, a dab of pepper and a shot of Tabasco. We can call it Terrorist/ACLU gumbo. Yummy, yummy, yummy in the tummy, tummy, tummy.Can hardly wait.

You don't like Gumbo? You should try it sometime. A Lousiana specialty. No one really knows what's in that cook pot but it is yummy.

Okay, So, now when I decided to finally reply with my own post of ignorant, which still makes more sense that this childish bullshit, you get your panties all in a wad. Stop whining.

Im through with this guy.

Caine said:
I reduced this argument to childish behavior? Lets review, before I made my statement at you, which you didn't bother to deny that you want to live in such a society, and shame on you.... Lets take a look at what got my to my comments in the first place......

Okay, So, now when I decided to finally reply with my own post of ignorant, which still makes more sense that this childish bullshit, you get your panties all in a wad. Stop whining.

Im through with this guy.

The difference is that I'm being humorous. You are being serious and stupid.

Missouri Mule said:
The difference is that I'm being humorous. You are being serious and stupid.

So now you know my intent more than I do.

I knew conservatives claimed to know it all.
You must have God speaking in your ear telling you everything.....

Caine said:
So now you know my intent more than I do.

I knew conservatives claimed to know it all.
You must have God speaking in your ear telling you everything.....

Well gee golly willickers how did you know?

Back
Top Bottom