• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does God love you?[W:925]

Is there a Supreme Being who hates or loves you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Does God love you?

Is there a Supreme Being who hates or loves their creation?

What do you hope?

I hope God phucks Roy Moore in his ass for eternity and forces both Roy's horse and Jane Porter to observe.

Last edited:

I once had an hour long debate with a creationist friend of mine, and he ended the debate by telling me God is above all logic and paradoxes.

That's the same line of reasoning that Matt Slick and his presuppositionalist cronies, where they simply assert that you can't argue against God without believing in God because logic and reason require belief in God to exist. Yes, it is as stupid as it sounds. So are these fanatics.

That's the same line of reasoning that Matt Slick and his presuppositionalist cronies, where they simply assert that you can't argue against God without believing in God because logic and reason require belief in God to exist. Yes, it is as stupid as it sounds. So are these fanatics.

The ultimate cop out.

I believe in God. Hear that, God? That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It just makes sense to "believe". OK, so I die; it's going to be one of two outcomes. Either there is a God and life after death, or there is nothing. If I believe in God and there is a God, then I'm on easy street, you know, heaven. OTOH, if I believe in God and there is no God, just nothing, then no harm done, I just wasted a few Sunday mornings. So there's no downside to believing in God. That's the smart money bet. The stupid money says announce to everyone you don't believe in God..... and then when you die find out there is a God. Then you burn in hell for all eternity.

That's in the knowledge of God. Most importantly though, any monotheist who claims otherwise needs to revisit his scriptures.

As someone else said early on in the thread, it is the height of human arrogance to believe an immortal being who created the universe spends all of his time worrying about the lives of his puny mortal creations.

That being said, I'd like to address something I've heard many times, as quoted below.

[h=1]John 3:16King James Version (KJV)[/h]16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If you believe Jesus was an immortal being, then the death of his mortal shell isn't a sacrifice. A sacrifice is when you permanently lose something of value. An immortal being can't die, so there was no sacrifice.

Even if you believe that Jesus was only a mortal man, and never actually a god, his resurrection negates any actual sacrifice.

As someone else said early on in the thread, it is the height of human arrogance to believe an immortal being who created the universe spends all of his time worrying about the lives of his puny mortal creations.

That being said, I'd like to address something I've heard many times, as quoted below.

If you believe Jesus was an immortal being, then the death of his mortal shell isn't a sacrifice. A sacrifice is when you permanently lose something of value. An immortal being can't die, so there was no sacrifice.

Even if you believe that Jesus was only a mortal man, and never actually a god, his resurrection negates any actual sacrifice.

I can think of many examples of sacrifice that have nothing to do with permanent loss. If someone undeserving of punishment takes a punishment for the guilty person, even if the pain isn't permanent, it's still a sacrifice. Frankly, I cannot even imagine the sheer agony of the cross. I can barely stand even just thinking about it much less experiencing it.

I can think of many examples of sacrifice that have nothing to do with permanent loss. If someone undeserving of punishment takes a punishment for the guilty person, even if the pain isn't permanent, it's still a sacrifice. Frankly, I cannot even imagine the sheer agony of the cross. I can barely stand even just thinking about it much less experiencing it.

since the christian god is handing out Punishments because it feels like it either death or endless torture depending on who you ask then i say the punishment is not deserved by man we cant kill souls and no one has caused infinite hours of pain

the atonement was not sacrifice it was idiocy and evil on the part of a god

that humans cant hurt if he dosent want them to

mean while are only crimes are against 1 another and hurting an innocent man for that instead of proportionate punishment for guilty humans would be appalling

I trust you're dragging her ass to court for trying to force her religious beliefs on you.

He already posted that he saw it as a sweet gesture on her part, though he did not believe in her god, he still thought the gesture was sweet for her to make.

Your post was what was seemed harsh to me.

I believe in God. Hear that, God? That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It just makes sense to "believe". OK, so I die; it's going to be one of two outcomes. Either there is a God and life after death, or there is nothing. If I believe in God and there is a God, then I'm on easy street, you know, heaven. OTOH, if I believe in God and there is no God, just nothing, then no harm done, I just wasted a few Sunday mornings. So there's no downside to believing in God. That's the smart money bet. The stupid money says announce to everyone you don't believe in God..... and then when you die find out there is a God. Then you burn in hell for all eternity.

Believing just to hedge your bets isn't something a deity is going to be fooled by.

I simply refuse to accept the terms of the agreement. If that monster in the Bible exists, I'm not going to worship it. I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Ah yes, Pascal's Wager. So what happens when you die and it's not God that's real, but some other pantheon and you get punished eternally for playing for the wrong team? You also lose your intellectual integrity in believing in an imaginary friend that you have no reason whatsoever to think is real?

But hey, if you don't care about that, far be it from me to tell you to stop doing irrational things.

Believing just to hedge your bets isn't something a deity is going to be fooled by.

I simply refuse to accept the terms of the agreement. If that monster in the Bible exists, I'm not going to worship it. I don't negotiate with terrorists.

You better hope there's no God. You burned your bridges !!! :)

Ah yes, Pascal's Wager. So what happens when you die and it's not God that's real, but some other pantheon and you get punished eternally for playing for the wrong team? You also lose your intellectual integrity in believing in an imaginary friend that you have no reason whatsoever to think is real?

But hey, if you don't care about that, far be it from me to tell you to stop doing irrational things.

Hey, I didn't specify which God. It's best to believe in a generic God anyways. And "GOD" is only imaginary if he doesn't exist. I can't prove that either way...can you?

Hey, I didn't specify which God. It's best to believe in a generic God anyways. And "GOD" is only imaginary if he doesn't exist. I can't prove that either way...can you?

That's like saying unicorns are only imaginary if they don't exist and you can't prove they don't so...

It's just insanity to believe in anything for which you have no objective evidence.

That's like saying unicorns are only imaginary if they don't exist and you can't prove they don't so...

It's just insanity to believe in anything for which you have no objective evidence.

What objective evidence do you have that humans actually exist? Or could we be a computer simulation, as Elon Musk (and others) have proposed.

The problem with that wager is that it assumes that God is stupid. If we're talking about the biblical God, the entity is all-knowing, all-seeing, all-present. This God would know your wager and why you made it.

The problem with that wager is that it assumes that God is stupid. If we're talking about the biblical God, the entity is all-knowing, all-seeing, all-present. This God would know your wager and why you made it.

Most people's view of their gods are just a reflection of themselves after all. Maybe people who think their gods are that dumb really aren't that bright themselves.

Most people's view of their gods are just a reflection of themselves after all. Maybe people who think their gods are that dumb really aren't that bright themselves.

I think God does not love you

Yeah, how do we know which religion is real and to trust?

Since there is no objective evidence to support any of them, we reject them all until they can prove themselves true. That's how rational people operate.

You better hope there's no God. You burned your bridges !!! :)

Yes, an all powerful evil being as described in the Bible would be not great for me.

It is the core tenet, literally the basis of Christianity, that I must believe X or burn. Coincidentally, ISIS does exactly the same thing. Believe X, or burn. Only this God fellow will burn me forever, instead of for the minute or two of agony ISIS gives me before I lose consciousness forever.

God is worse than the worst group of terrorists on the planet. But he loves me?

Last edited:

Of the tens, hundreds even, of thousands of faiths and deities and spirits and cultures that have existed over the thousands of years humanity has been sapient, surely it is the belief that happened to be most popular in the region I was born in, during the year I was born.

Last edited:

That's the Homer Simpson Question. What if you go to the wrong Church? Every week you make God madder at you.

Back
Top Bottom