• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you understand that inflation is a world event cause by the Covid pandemic?

Do you understand that inflation is a world event cause by the Covid pandemic?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biden pretended to be moderate until he was sworn in. Yeah, only thing we got from Biden was 3 free N95 masks that were no longer needed a week later. He is a real doozy!
So you wanted another check with Trumps name on it?

Reading posts here, watching Fox, seeing the results of polls, it seems clear many people have no clue that this inflation we find ourselves confronting is a direct result of the COVID pandemic.

Do YOU realize this? Or, do you think it something else? Maybe you think this is just occurring in America and Biden is responsible? I know Fox is selling this. I just find it hard to believe anyone cannot realize the truth. Do you know why we have inflation? That it is not unique to America? That it is not a result of the god-awful liberals?

No option is available for other as this is fact, not conjecture. You either realize this or you don't. If you want to have an "other" option, you are a "no" vote in this poll.
Nonsense. COVID went on for over a year with 1.5% inflation - then Biden threw trillions at the problem and - ta-da inflation.

Nonsense. COVID went on for over a year with 1.5% inflation - then Biden threw trillions at the problem and - ta-da inflation.
Trump spent the money not Biden.

The idea that government policies have no effect on inflation is crank economics.

Keynesians have known for decades that deficit spending and low interest rates can cause inflation. Monetarists have known for decades that expanding the money supply can cause inflation.

It's ridiculous to think our policies played no part in this. And you can pretty much trace a direct line between America's high inflation rate (currently #2 in the OECD) and America's aggressive economic relief efforts and dovish Fed policies. Those aren't necessarily bad policies, but they very directly contributed to inflation.

Reading posts here, watching Fox, seeing the results of polls, it seems clear many people have no clue that this inflation we find ourselves confronting is a direct result of the COVID pandemic.

Do YOU realize this? Or, do you think it something else? Maybe you think this is just occurring in America and Biden is responsible? I know Fox is selling this. I just find it hard to believe anyone cannot realize the truth. Do you know why we have inflation? That it is not unique to America? That it is not a result of the god-awful liberals?

No option is available for other as this is fact, not conjecture. You either realize this or you don't. If you want to have an "other" option, you are a "no" vote in this poll.
Everybody lost money

My point is that the spending of trillions of dollars was not the only response that could have been taken. The response legislators chose has caused the extreme inflation we are experiencing.
Like what? Herd immunity, I presume

This is ridiculously ignorant. I just can't.
This is so damned sad.

Off subject: One person, one vote, no educational requiments. A disaster for society.

God bless you

Like what? Herd immunity, I presume
I think shutting down small shops and allowing big stores to do business was terrible and unfair. Lots of businesses should have been allowed to operate. Government sending checks to all people was stupid. Many businesses had increased profits during the pandemic while others were destroyed. Many businesses that suffered no loss of revenue were given PPP Loans and had salaries paid and other expenses.

The government spent way way too much money. So the answer would be: Spend less.

I think shutting down small shops and allowing big stores to do business was terrible and unfair. Lots of businesses should have been allowed to operate. Government sending checks to all people was stupid. Many businesses had increased profits during the pandemic while others were destroyed. Many businesses that suffered no loss of revenue were given PPP Loans and had salaries paid and other expenses.

The government spent way way too much money. So the answer would be: Spend less.
No doubt Trump ****ed up on all this but hindsight is always the best vision.

I understand perfectly that printing trillions of dollars and pumping it into the economy will cause inflation.

Funny thing is that when I said it, and when it was happening at the height of the pandemic, I was roundly mocked(mostly by lefties) for not having a clue what I was talking about... and here we are.

No doubt Trump ****ed up on all this but hindsight is always the best vision.
I think there was way too much spending then and way too much shutting down of businesses. Both these things damaged the economy. The spending going on today now is further damaging the economy. This economy is teetering on the edge right now. The stock market has been tanking big time for over a quarter now and yet congress is trying to spend way more.

This is so damned sad.

Off subject: One person, one vote, no educational requiments. A disaster for society.

God bless you
You probably don't know how much you don't know.

I understand perfectly that printing trillions of dollars and pumping it into the economy will cause inflation.

Funny thing is that when I said it, and when it was happening at the height of the pandemic, I was roundly mocked(mostly by lefties) for not having a clue what I was talking about... and here we are.

Oh, your posts were so super duper smart!

Yeah, every kid in high school who takes an economics class would be stunned to learn that printing money devalues it.

How did you ever know this?
––-----'
This is a very small component of the inflation we have and was nessesary.

BTW, I have a B.S. in economics/finance.

This is so damned sad.

God bless you

Who should decide what qualifications people need to be able to vote?

Do you realize that fuel prices and inflation in America are much worse than need be because to Joe Biden's policy decisions? If you don't you must not be paying attention to what he has done in the last14 months.
In what respect? Can you give objective and tangible evidence for that? Or, will you repeat fox news propoganda?

Oh, your posts were so super duper smart!

Yeah, every kid in high school who takes an economics class would be stunned to learn that printing money devalues it.

How did you ever know this?
––-----'
This is a very small component of the inflation we have and was nessesary.

BTW, I have a B.S. in economics/finance.
A very small component?

I'd ask for a refund on that BS if I were you.

Who should decide what qualifications people need to be able to vote?
Yes. Absolutely. Look at Trumpism. If we had an educated electorate we would not have Trump.

Back
Top Bottom