• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you understand that inflation is a world event cause by the Covid pandemic?

Do you understand that inflation is a world event cause by the Covid pandemic?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biden is not a moderate. His policies have been the most radically leftist of all presidents.
Biden has been a moderate his entire political career. Moderate republicans failed to support him and enabled the left to set policy. That is how politics works.

Biden pretended to be moderate until he was sworn in. Yeah, only thing we got from Biden was 3 free N95 masks that were no longer needed a week later. He is a real doozy!
Biden has a forty year career.

Not that long Biden said this terrible inflation was temporary? Now they are trying to spin a new silly story! Thanks Biden!

LOL,

a game of semantics. How cleaver!!!
My point is that the spending of trillions of dollars was not the only response that could have been taken. The response legislators chose has caused the extreme inflation we are experiencing.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with reckless spending.
Yup, nothing to do with printing and injecting a ton of money into the economy so that too much money chases too few goods.:rolleyes:

Reading posts here, watching Fox, seeing the results of polls, it seems clear many people have no clue that this inflation we find ourselves confronting is a direct result of the COVID pandemic.

Do YOU realize this? Or, do you think it something else? Maybe you think this is just occurring in America and Biden is responsible? I know Fox is selling this. I just find it hard to believe anyone cannot realize the truth. Do you know why we have inflation? That it is not unique to America? That it is not a result of the god-awful liberals?

No option is available for other as this is fact, not conjecture. You either realize this or you don't. If you want to have an "other" option, you are a "no" vote in this poll.
Do you realize that fuel prices and inflation in America are much worse than need be because to Joe Biden's policy decisions? If you don't you must not be paying attention to what he has done in the last14 months.

Do you realize that fuel prices and inflation in America are much worse than need be because to Joe Biden's policy decisions? If you don't you must not be paying attention to what he has done in the last14 months.
I have paid a lot of attention. Please be specific.

It is not a direct result of Covid. It is a direct result of congress spending trillions of dollars that we did not have. That is direct.

It is not a direct result of Covid. It is a direct result of congress spending trillions of dollars that we did not have. That is direct.
That was under Trump. The infrastructure plan has spent no money yet.

That was under Trump. The infrastructure plan has spent no money yet.
Believe me I was upset with everybody who voted for that insane spending and Trump for signing it. I am upset about the infrastructure bill too. Not spent yet? Yeah! Greater future inflation. How wonderful.

Believe me I was upset with everybody who voted for that insane spending and Trump for signing it. I am upset about the infrastructure bill too. Not spent yet? Yeah! Greater future inflation. How wonderful.
So you agree?

My point is that the spending of trillions of dollars was not the only response that could have been taken. The response legislators chose has caused the extreme inflation we are experiencing.

You are wrong. Completely wrong. Where did you get this nonsense from? Seriously. Fox?

Inflation is the result of supply shortages, demand. There was no demand for about anything when things were shutdown. As a result prices dropped and production was cut back or stopped.
When the vaccine opened up the economy again there was a pent up demand for products and no supply. Demand made the small quantities of goods available more expensive. That is how free markets work.
More goods than demand, prices fall.
More demand than goods, prices rise.

Eco 101 at every university in the world.

See my post above.
I think the stimulus bills under Trump were generally prudent although needlessly excessive. The infrastructure bill was sorely needed and should have been the asshole's priority.

Back
Top Bottom