• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you understand that inflation is a world event cause by the Covid pandemic?

Do you understand that inflation is a world event cause by the Covid pandemic?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with reckless spending.

Well that covid relief spending is long gone and inflation is still with us.

Could there be other causes?

Here is one.

Still wondering where this inflation is coming from.

Owens and her colleagues embarked on a project to monitor corporate earnings calls since last summer. Early on, she says, CEOs “were a little surprised that consumers were forking over money at these higher price points.” But now she says the view of business leaders is we are "capitalizing on this phenomenon, we're exploiting it and we're pressing it to the hilt and we're going to take it until we touch the stove.”

Slightly different historical measures of corporate profits finds profit-levels in the last decade have been well above historical averages, meaning 2021 was likely the best year for corporate profits since World War II or longer.

That was under Trump.

Nope.

The infrastructure plan has spent no money yet.

Really? Yet, plenty has been allocated and will be spent ASAP.

This chart shows the $22 billion in Amtrak's infrastructure money, which will be distributed over the coming five years, and how it compares to the federal funding in Amtrak’s past. The $4.4 billion projected to be distributed in 2022 would be nearly 4 times the average yearly funding Amtrak has received.

The infrastructure bill signed into law last week provides Amtrak with an initial payment of $22 billion to replace its existing rail car fleet, improve its train stations, and reduce a backlog in repairs.

Eventually, the national rail operator will also have access to an additional $44 billion in federal grants for rail expansion projects, including ambitious plans to expand its service to dozens of new cities nationwide.

Last edited:
Sounds like propgranda from the DNC or the White House. They push nothing is our fault. Hey voters are not buying what they are selling. It's going to be a historical disaster in the mid terms for the hapless Democrats and Brandon lost most of the time.
This is true of every administration. Did you ever hear Trump admit fault? Why do the losers of an election always have to be bitter babies?

A very small component?

Yes and it was nessesary.

Also, and I know you don't know this, it was not as generous as other developed countries.

Sorry, our inflation is chiefly a supply issue coupled with a capitalistic greed issue.

Facts my friend, facts.

Yes and it was nessesary.

Also, and I know you don't know this, it was not as generous as other developed countries.

Sorry, our inflation is chiefly a supply issue coupled with a capitalistic greed issue.

Facts my friend, facts.
You're really good a parroting the party line, I'll give you that. Objective analysis? Not so much.

You're minimizing what is obvious to all because it doesn't fit the narrative. Tsk, tsk...

You're really good a parroting the party line, I'll give you that. Objective analysis? Not so much.

You're minimizing what is obvious to all because it doesn't fit the narrative. Tsk, tsk...
I am a republican. I dont do parrot. I leave that for the trumpists and they leave science and fact for me.

there is no point, right wingers are moronic, shitty people who will just continue to spread their fox news lies and bullshit. That and russian trolls, and forums never do a damn thing about trolls

Yeah, just like gas prices are the fault of Putin according to Biden. He is seizing the moment to take some heat off of him. Biden is a coward.

See, look at this example of moronic trolling. Prices spiked even more because of Russia invading, no matter what moronic shit you people spew in your pathetic trolling attempts.

Reading posts here, watching Fox, seeing the results of polls, it seems clear many people have no clue that this inflation we find ourselves confronting is a direct result of the COVID pandemic.

Do YOU realize this? Or, do you think it something else? Maybe you think this is just occurring in America and Biden is responsible? I know Fox is selling this. I just find it hard to believe anyone cannot realize the truth. Do you know why we have inflation? That it is not unique to America? That it is not a result of the god-awful liberals?

No option is available for other as this is fact, not conjecture. You either realize this or you don't. If you want to have an "other" option, you are a "no" vote in this poll.
It’s a world event cause by massive inflation in the currency supply to cover spending to backfill bad policy of locking down whole societies. We had to inflate currency because the regime is dependent on freaks, perverts, left wing extremists, and feminists to maintain power and so the firehouse of money to support them could not be redirected from NGOs and useless government departments but rather had to be created.

I would, if I were in charge force the federal reserve the reduce money supply, order the currency deflated until the penny is worth what it was in 1985

It’s a world event cause by massive inflation in the currency supply to cover spending to backfill bad policy of locking down whole societies. We had to inflate currency because the regime is dependent on freaks, perverts, left wing extremists, and feminists to maintain power and so the firehouse of money to support them could not be redirected from NGOs and useless government departments but rather had to be created

Thanks for the romper room tirad of ignorance and hate!

The end of the COVID pandemic spiked aggregate demand, yes. But how governments choose to respond to that affects inflation too.

We had a lot of COVID relief spending last year (understandably). And the Fed has, so far, been slow to act in raising interest rates (understandably). These government actions do contribute to inflation. If people want to make the case that the ARP was too big or the Fed should have acted sooner, that isn't an unreasonable position.

As for it not being unique to America...well, many countries have seen a bump but the US currently has the second-highest inflation rate in the OECD, after Turkey.

A Marxist economist who I hear on the radio says that inflation is caused by those with the power to raise prices do so because they know that extra money has been pumped into the system and they want to Hoover up as much as they can. Is that the only mechanism? I don't know, but I don't think so. Are there boatloads of other things going on? Obviously.

Last edited:
A Marxist economist who I hear on the radio says that inflation is caused by those with the power to raise prices do so because they know that extra money has been pumped into the system and they want to Hoover up as much as they can. Is that the only mechanism? I don't know, but I don't think so. Are there :poop:loads of other things going on? Obviously.

Owens and her colleagues embarked on a project to monitor corporate earnings calls since last summer. Early on, she says, CEOs “were a little surprised that consumers were forking over money at these higher price points.” But now she says the view of business leaders is we are "capitalizing on this phenomenon, we're exploiting it and we're pressing it to the hilt and we're going to take it until we touch the stove.”

Slightly different historical measures of corporate profits finds profit-levels in the last decade have been well above historical averages, meaning 2021 was likely the best year for corporate profits since World War II or longer

Any actual causation to inflation is irrelevant .. ALL out-of-pocket costs, from the gas station to groceries, will be assumed by the horde of low-information voters, being attached to their (the current leadership) policies. Gas prices and increased costs on groceries is a marketing problem Biden will need to solved .. and it will hurt his party deeply in 2022 midterms.... Can't wait!!!

Slightly different historical measures of corporate profits finds profit-levels in the last decade have been well above historical averages, meaning 2021 was likely the best year for corporate profits since World War II or longer

It's very interesting that capitalizing and exploiting are synonyms.

Sounds like propgranda from the DNC or the White House. They push nothing is our fault. Hey voters are not buying what they are selling. It's going to be a historical disaster in the mid terms for the hapless Democrats and Brandon lost most of the time.
Sorry pal, unless you can 1) show us one thing he Trump White House claimed was their fault or 2) you can show us one thing you called the Trump White House out on, you have no standing to make this complaint.

I certainly do not remember a single utterance from Trump taking responsibility for anything that did not go according to plan. He sure wanted credit for things on which he did little or nothing.

It is more complicated than that.

Current inflation pressures across the world have multiple causes, some national and some global supply issues. The US, Canada and the UK at least borrowed heavily to support their economies during Covid 19. That extra spending is inflationary, and counter acted the deflationary aspect of the shutdowns. Now with the countries opening up, with all that extra money in the economy and many people not coming back to work we have a supply shortage with extra demand causing inflation as well. Add in the supply disruptions from other countries and inflation is a given.

Due to debts incurred expect high inflation for quite a few years, or an economic collapse if interest rates are jacked up to combat inflation. See 1982 but much worse as debt levels are much higher
1647279387104.png

Back
Top Bottom