• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support Antifa?

Do you support Antifa?

• Total voters
Not in the least. They are thugs and cowards. Who could POSSIBLY support them?

Calling all antifa thugs and cowards is like calling all tea party members racists. Antifa, like tea party groups, have no official organization and their actions vary from group to group.

I support their fight against Neo Nazi Fascist scum. I do not support much of their other anarchists ideas nor their non provoked violence. This is basically a situation of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

I can support some of the things they claim to support like Anti-fascism, anti-nazi, anti-bigotry, anti-racism etc. I can even appreciate that they are actively having counter protests to these white nationalist movements. But they seem to have no problem with using violence and intimidation as a tactic, they seem to be responsible for the protests of right wing speakers on college campuses which is anti free speech and something I'm completely against and detest. Especially when you use destruction of property and violence to try to cancel a speech by someone you disagree with. I can't support anything that is even remotely ok with that kind of crap. I think we'd better off without them and to have instead peaceful protests against hateful messages coming from the white nationalists etc.

Calling all antifa thugs and cowards is like calling all tea party members racists. Antifa, like tea party groups, have no official organization and their actions vary from group to group.

I can only judge them by their actions. Show me a peaceful Antifa demonstration, and I'll likely agree with you. But the Antifa's I've read about and seen have been just as bad, even worse, than the groups they "protest" against.

I can support some of the things they claim to support like Anti-fascism, anti-nazi, anti-bigotry, anti-racism etc. I can even appreciate that they are actively having counter protests to these white nationalist movements. But they seem to have no problem with using violence and intimidation as a tactic, they seem to be responsible for the protests of right wing speakers on college campuses which is anti free speech and something I'm completely against and detest. Especially when you use destruction of property and violence to try to cancel a speech by someone you disagree with. I can't support anything that is even remotely ok with that kind of crap. I think we'd better off without them and to have instead peaceful protests against hateful messages coming from the white nationalists etc.

Exactly right.

Wow! Interesting. How have those organizations 'supported' them?

Well, they aren't investigating who they are or releasing the names of those that get arrested for violence at protests. And if you go to the CNN thread with the video of a panel that opposed the host on a really tall chair you'll see a prime example of CNN taking ANTIFAs side. Even going so far as to equate ANTIFA to the allies in WWII.

I do not support the antifa scumbags. They can rot in hell, alongside the nazi scumbags.

Antifa is no better than white supremacists, and any other hate based group.

This topic has been done beyond death. Everyone and their grandmother has expressed their opinions on this subject, and has made it abundantly clear that nobody on here is changing their mindsany time soon.

I can only judge them by their actions. Show me a peaceful Antifa demonstration, and I'll likely agree with you. But the Antifa's I've read about and seen have been just as bad, even worse, than the groups they "protest" against.

Boston was pretty peaceful for a rally of that size.

Or, let's even look at some of their non-peaceful events. Perhaps, one where they were regarded as protectors by pacifist clergy about to be mowed over by Nazis, while the police stood idly by.

Antifa does vary from place-to-place. I mean, Portland Antifa, Berkeley Antifa, yeah, atrocious. Indisputably.

And no Antifa group necessarily claims to be pacifist. But that's not always bad, and sometimes it's even good, like with those who are protective or defensive as in the Charlottesville example.

But because each group is very different, and indeed, no actual group exists (Antifa is mostly composed of other local groups who are working together for this specific timely issue, all the way from BLM to Redneck Revolt), they're all going to behave very differently.

I can't have a unified opinion of something that varies this much. "Antifa" is just the brand name of a specific cause, in which a huge variety of groups with a huge variety of MO's participate.

Boston was pretty peaceful for a rally of that size.

Or, let's even look at some of their non-peaceful events. Perhaps, one where they were regarded as protectors by pacifist clergy about to be mowed over by Nazis, while the police stood idly by.

Antifa does vary from place-to-place. I mean, Portland Antifa, Berkeley Antifa, yeah, atrocious. Indisputably.

And no Antifa group necessarily claims to be pacifist. But that's not always bad, and sometimes it's even good, like with those who are protective or defensive as in the Charlottesville example.

But because each group is very different, and indeed, no actual group exists (Antifa is mostly composed of other local groups who are working together for this specific timely issue, all the way from BLM to Redneck Revolt), they're all going to behave very differently.

I can't have a unified opinion of something that varies this much. "Antifa" is just the brand name of a specific cause, in which a huge variety of groups with a huge variety of MO's participate.

How can a non-pacifist approach to wannabe Nazi thugs, who are pretty much reviled by everyone and who have a right to assemble and speak their platform, idiotic as it is, possibly be productive?

How can a non-pacifist approach to wannabe Nazi thugs, who are pretty much reviled by everyone and who have a right to assemble and speak their platform, idiotic as it is, possibly be productive?

See my linked example. That's how.

Those priests were ready to just let themselves be trampled -- committed pacifists. And hey, I respect that.

But I also respect defending other people from attack, and the Nazis were attacking people.

Well, they aren't investigating who they are or releasing the names of those that get arrested for violence at protests. And if you go to the CNN thread with the video of a panel that opposed the host on a really tall chair you'll see a prime example of CNN taking ANTIFAs side. Even going so far as to equate ANTIFA to the allies in WWII.

2020 recently interviewed both the leaders of the Alt Right and those of Antifa. I wouldn't say they're ignoring Antifa or taking their side, nor would CNN et. al. support anarchy. The ANTIFA leader is a self described anarchist, hardly "left wing", extreme or not.

Here's a recap of the 2020 report, if anyone is interested in more than trying to blame one party or the other.

2020 recently interviewed both the leaders of the Alt Right and those of Antifa. I wouldn't say they're ignoring Antifa or taking their side, nor would CNN et. al. support anarchy. The ANTIFA leader is a self described anarchist, hardly "left wing", extreme or not.

Here's a recap of the 2020 report, if anyone is interested in more than trying to blame one party or the other.

This. I don't think people realize how unfriendly the relationship between leftists and anarchists actually is. They are definitely not allies.

Nope. I don't support them. I hate communism and what they stand for isn't much different from the fascism they claim to be against.

No it is not, the whole point of the masks and black bloc tactics are that those unwilling to engage in violence are giving cover to those who are.

They're ****ing terrorists, are you some kind of Antifa sympathizer?

This topic has been done beyond death. Everyone and their grandmother has expressed their opinions on this subject, and has made it abundantly clear that nobody on here is changing their mindsany time soon.

Or in the words of Michael Jordan:

"Stop it. Get some help."

Back
Top Bottom