• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you know any anti-vaxxers?

It is effective for the other 182,385,840 Americans who are fully vaccinated.
I’m sure that gives family members of the dead great comfort

I don't know any anti-vaxxers, although I do know individuals who prefer personal liberty over government mandates where there is a micro-risk of being impacted.

How about you?
50 people killed each year by lightning in the US.is an example of a micro-risk. 600k killed by Covid is not.

My parents. My father is in the ICU as we speak, and my mom has been sent home and is fighting it at home. My brother and I begged them for months to get vaccinated but they actively rejected it.

For my mom it's because she's spent the past 10 years in a multi level marketing scheme that sells minerals with healing powers and has been brainwashed into believing modern medicine is a sham and they're hiding the evidence of the minerals.

For my dad, he's extremely republican and a Trump voter, so between the talk show radio hosts, republican politicians, Trump and everyone else in that sphere telling him covid is no big deal and the vaccine is dangerous, combined with my mother whispering in his ear, he also refused to take it and is paying dearly for it. He's been in the hospital for weeks and is having the worst time of his life.

Even after all this, my mom still has the balls to tell me "Just think of how much worse it would've been had we taken the vaccine!"
Sorry to hear that Dad is unwell and has been in hospital for weeks. I hope he can start to feel better soon. It's such a heinous disease. The long recovery times and lasting life altering effects are one of the things that don't really get talked about much. We just recently had a gentleman leave hospital and go home over 12 months later.

Anti-vaxxers playing the victim card does not automatically mean those who wish to promote public health are bullies.
Being vaccine-hesitant doesn't necessarily mean "playing the victim card."

And some of those who "wish to promote public health" ARE being bullies. Look no further than posts here at DP to see this.

Telling people that they're ignorant, stupid, and selfish and mocking and deriding them isn't going to spark any changes of heart; it only deepens rebellion because it taps right into our ids' "You're not the boss of me."

Nonsense. When I needed an appendectomy I researched it on the internet, disinfected my Swiss Army Knife with vodka, numbed myself with cocaine, sliced it off and sewed myself up with a fish hook and 5 pound test. No appeal to authority needed.

Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.

Lewis Carroll

Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Friedrich Schiller

I'm so done with anti-vaxxers and their Tweedledee grasp of logic. You're clogging the hospitals and killing people who need the beds; you're slowing the economy, you're putting kids in danger and you're anti-science arrogance is making them stupid.

You want to spout your ivermectin, hydroxy, natural immunity, alchemy BS at me? Politness is as effective as Trump's facepalm remedies on you. You're going to hear what I really think and nobody wants that. Bunch of snowflakes.
Look, I don't really care what you think of me. Anyone here can tell you that. Many people here have ignored me and I just recently started using the ignore button myself with the count now in double digits. You won't listen to facts. You spout the nonsense that MSM gives you day after day after day because when a lie is repeated soften, people believe it as the truth.

The truth is that MILLIONS of people are already immune having had Covid and not one of you, nor doctors are talking about that. It's buried under the rug. Humanity is indoctrinated more by what they aren't told than what they are told. This is why the Communists at FaceBook, Twitter, and YouTube delete posts and cancel people. Now we only hear the doctors who support the left wing narrative and any other doctor is either afraid to talk or is canceled and not heard by the above-mentioned entities, nor on MSM.

I'm tired of the false information, outright lies, and accusations from people like YOu who don't know what you're talking about and pretend you do cause someone "in authority" said it.

Being vaccine-hesitant doesn't necessarily mean "playing the victim card."

And some of those who "wish to promote public health" ARE being bullies. Look no further than posts here at DP to see this.

Telling people that they're ignorant, stupid, and selfish and mocking and deriding them isn't going to spark any changes of heart; it only deepens rebellion because it taps right into our ids' "You're not the boss of me."
I am not sure these people aren't a lost cause to be honest.

Curious what their answer might be to "why did you go to the hospital at all then if you don't trust those same doctors... given that well over 96% of those same docs are vaccinated"?
They don't have an answer for that and the ass chewing they both have coming from me is postponed until they've recovered. They act this way in normal life but when they have something serious like cancer or corona they want the best doctors and the best technology.

This must be really hard for your family and I feel for the frustration and sorrow you must be feeling. Is your father on a ventilator or has he managed to avoid that?

Luckily no ventilator but he's on oxygen with various masks, some he can't even talk in. He has pneumonia and his oxygen level keeps dropping. Pretty standard for a 72 year old getting covid.

I'm curious about forum members' experience with people who are vaccine hesitant. Do you know people refusing the vaccine and what reasons are they giving?

I know two. One is a member of a breakaway Penticostal group who's refused as he was told God would protect him.

The other is refusing because he "heard" (undoubtedly read on Facebook) that a lot of people were ending up in wheelchairs after getting the shot.

3 that i know that have talked about it

1, guy older, 60s and he just feels it was rushed .. he also doesnt get other shots .. flu, pneumonia etc even though he has been sick with those things, just how he is

2 & 3 are both extremists nutters when it comes to covid and vaccine info one male, one female. . . . .claiming it rearrangers your DNA, its killed 1000s and 1000s of people and affects reproductive functions in both men and women . . . 🤦‍♂️ 😂

50 people killed each year by lightning in the US.is an example of a micro-risk. 600k killed by Covid is not.
Let's get it right .. Under the Biden administration, there have been nearly 300K deaths (compared to Trumps 400K deaths for 2020); Regardless, we'll have to agree to disagree on COVID deaths, as it primarily targets older individuals and/or those with pre-existing conditions (and evidently gunshots too). You know .. the things individuals would probably have died anyway. Not to sound crass about it .. it's just the reality.

Look, I don't really care what you think of me. Anyone here can tell you that. Many people here have ignored me and I just recently started using the ignore button myself with the count now in double digits. You won't listen to facts. You spout the nonsense that MSM gives you day after day after day because when a lie is repeated soften, people believe it as the truth.

The truth is that MILLIONS of people are already immune having had Covid and not one of you, nor doctors are talking about that. It's buried under the rug. Humanity is indoctrinated more by what they aren't told than what they are told. This is why the Communists at FaceBook, Twitter, and YouTube delete posts and cancel people. Now we only hear the doctors who support the left wing narrative and any other doctor is either afraid to talk or is canceled and not heard by the above-mentioned entities, nor on MSM.

I'm tired of the false information, outright lies, and accusations from people like YOu who don't know what you're talking about and pretend you do cause someone "in authority" said it.
I've never watched MSN. Never. I'm an atheist so I don't appeal to that authority.

You know, when I was a kid and people needed their homes or businesses rewired, some of the brainwashed, logically fallacious idiots would appeal to authority and call my dad, the electrician. Luckily, there were enough of these morons who hadn't studied logic and didn't want to risk electricuting themselves or burning down the building, that my dad made a pretty good living.

Appeal to authority does not mean what you think it means.

They don't have an answer for that and the ass chewing they both have coming from me is postponed until they've recovered. They act this way in normal life but when they have something serious like cancer or corona they want the best doctors and the best technology.
I imagine something that's probably frustrating is the concern that one parent may have given it to the other.

In the examples I gave in the OP both are relatives of my GF. The family is really up in arms over it because some older relatives might be at risk. One of the anti-vaxxers gave my GFs 84 year old father a ride to a doctor's appointment yesterday. I could scream.

Luckily no ventilator but he's on oxygen with various masks, some he can't even talk in. He has pneumonia and his oxygen level keeps dropping. Pretty standard for a 72 year old getting covid.
Good that he's still able to breath on his own.

I'm curious about forum members' experience with people who are vaccine hesitant. Do you know people refusing the vaccine and what reasons are they giving?

I know two. One is a member of a breakaway Penticostal group who's refused as he was told God would protect him.

The other is refusing because he "heard" (undoubtedly read on Facebook) that a lot of people were ending up in wheelchairs after getting the shot.
I have a family member who I think is afraid of it. Immediately after the vaccine was released, a friend of hers got the vaccine, passed out, and broke her wrist. Other friends have had severe menstrual side effects.

She had a mild case of covid and works with tourists from all over the world. So, I think misguided confidence in her personal immunity also plays into her vaccine hesitation as well.

Tons

2 in the ICU as we speak.

A number are also now dead.

Let's get it right .. Under the Biden administration, there have been nearly 300K deaths (compared to Trumps 400K deaths for 2020); Regardless, we'll have to agree to disagree on COVID deaths, as it primarily targets older individuals and/or those with pre-existing conditions (and evidently gunshots too). You know .. the things individuals would probably have died anyway. Not to sound crass about it .. it's just the reality.
You're not crass - just indifferent to deaths of older individuals. You complain about my terminology then a few posts later you write off a whole generation.

I've never watched MSN. Never. I'm an atheist so I don't appeal to that authority.

You know, when I was a kid and people needed their homes or businesses rewired, some of the brainwashed, logically fallacious idiots would appeal to authority and call my dad, the electrician. Luckily, there were enough of these morons who hadn't studied logic and didn't want to risk electricuting themselves or burning down the building, that my dad made a pretty good living.

Appeal to authority does not mean what you think it means.
Well, good. You just keep right on believing only the stuff that is spoon-fed to you by the MSM. You just keep right on believing that companies with major dealings and even ownership by Communist China like FB, Twitter, Google, and YouTube are not filled with leftists who are Communist themselves.

You keep right on believing that there aren't tons of doctors who disagree but don't get highlighted because MS doesn't want them to be.

You keep right on denying and burying your head in the sand that those who already had Covid are somehow NOT immune even though the doctors you rely on will tell you that they in fact are. But, YOU insist they get a vaccine anyway because the media has put you in fear.

I use the bible stories because those are ingrained in the heads of humans as being true. The story of Adam and Eve is a good analogy for today. The leaders WANT people to be ignorant and to do that, they need to keep opposing opinions from you like they are doing with the cancel culture and through FB, Twitter and YouTube, and MSM.

I know just one. A young co-worker who initially bought into the rumor that the vaccine caused fertility issues. He was not going to get the vaccine. Then as the latest surge with the Delta variant took hold, and he worried about a couple family members with co-morbidities, he had a change of heart and just days ago received the first dose of Moderna.

I imagine something that's probably frustrating is the concern that one parent may have given it to the other.

In the examples I gave in the OP both are relatives of my GF. The family is really up in arms over it because some older relatives might be at risk. One of the anti-vaxxers gave my GFs 84 year old father a ride to a doctor's appointment yesterday. I could scream.

Good that he's still able to breath on his own.
Get over this abject fear of Covid. Not everyone gets it and not everyone dies. this is ridiculous.

Well, good. You just keep right on believing only the stuff that is spoon-fed to you by the MSM. You just keep right on believing that companies with major dealings and even ownership by Communist China like FB, Twitter, Google, and YouTube are not filled with leftists who are Communist themselves.

You keep right on believing that there aren't tons of doctors who disagree but don't get highlighted because MS doesn't want them to be.

You keep right on denying and burying your head in the sand that those who already had Covid are somehow NOT immune even though the doctors you rely on will tell you that they in fact are. But, YOU insist they get a vaccine anyway because the media has put you in fear.

I use the bible stories because those are ingrained in the heads of humans as being true. The story of Adam and Eve is a good analogy for today. The leaders WANT people to be ignorant and to do that, they need to keep opposing opinions from you like they are doing with the cancel culture and through FB, Twitter and YouTube, and MSM.
Did anyone else miss my first sentence: "I've never watched MSM. Never."

Everyone is going to die. So let's not do ANY preventative measures. /s

Also, death is not the only negative impact of a covid infection.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Get over this abject fear of Covid. Not everyone gets it and not everyone dies. this is ridiculous.
There's a lot of things not everyone gets and not everyone dies from. Reasonable precautions to prevent death from risks (especially a preventable disease) make sense.

no poster here has been more wrong about COVID (more often) since the beginning than you.

you have no shame.

There's a lot of things not everyone gets and not everyone dies from. Reasonable precautions to prevent death from risks (especially a preventable disease) make sense.
Yeah, well. When no more people under 65 dies from Ciovid than they do from the flu, it is crazy.

Is society going to lie in fear now forever of any virus that they will die? COVID is no worse than the flu for those under 65.

Back
Top Bottom