• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you believe we are living in the end times?

I wish I could logically and factually argue against what you said, but I can't.

You are right.

The only consolation I get is logic and facts are not a strong point of those saying it.

One side will always say the other side is leading the world to its Doom.
:shrug:

One side will always say the other side is leading the world to its Doom.
:shrug:

More truths.

I however, will not be one of them.

I know just because someone disagrees with me does not mean they are going to bring down the world as we know it.

Maybe it is because I have been a survivalists since the early 70's, or because I prayed for common sense when I was a kid.

Some things can't be helped and we have no control over. Other things we DO have control over. I prefer to have control over the things I CAN influence.

If the sun implodes like Star said, or a nuke hits me on my skull, there is not much I can do about that.

But if the power goes out for a month, or the trucks quit delivering food to town, those things I can have some influence over.

What is funny about the doomsayers referencing Trump is, the world will keep on keeping on, after he is sworn in....much to their surprise.

I also noticed those that oppose Hillary are not making such stupid statements. That foolishness and Chicken Little attitude is only coming from those that oppose Trump.
Funny how factual that is, and what it says about their perspective on the world at large.

Last edited:
More truths.

I however, will not be one of them.

I know just because someone disagrees with me does not mean they are going to bring down the world as we know it.

Maybe it is because I have been a survivalists since the early 70's, or because I prayed for common sense when I was a kid.

Some things can't be helped and we have no control over. Other things we DO have control over. I prefer to have control over the things I CAN influence.

If the sun implodes like Star said, or a nuke hits me on my skull, there is not much I can do about that.

But if the power goes out for a month, or the trucks quit delivering food to town, those things I can have some influence over.

What is funny about the doomsayers referencing Trump is, the world will keep on keeping on, after he is sworn in....much to their surprise.

I also noticed those that oppose Hillary are not making such stupid statements. That foolishness and Chicken Little attitude is only coming from those that oppose Trump.
Funny how factual that is, and what it says about their perspective on the world at large.

Trust me the anti-Hillary crowd will be screaming "The sky is falling the sky is falling" if she wins.

Trust me the anti-Hillary crowd will be screaming "The sky is falling the sky is falling" if she wins.

no doubt....and they will tune into Rush for more reinforcement of that for the next four years.

Meanwhile the two of us will be just going about our daily activities with no disruption at all from the result....other than to see who will be true to their word and leave the country.

no doubt....and they will tune into Rush for more reinforcement of that for the next four years.

Meanwhile the two of us will be just going about our daily activities with no disruption at all from the result....other than to see who will be true to their word and leave the country.

I'm guessing the same amount of people who left because Obama won, which was the same amount who left because Bush won etc etc....

I'm guessing the same amount of people who left because Obama won, which was the same amount who left because Bush won etc etc....

Quag...don't you find it a little funny that these people, right or left, that feel they are just going to pull up stakes and leave for another country if their person is not elected every four years, are somehow not very established in the first place.

I mean, I have travelled and lived all over the place in my life, and now...finally...I found a nice house, a good woman, two cats, and some acreage that feels like home and heaven on earth. There is no way in hell I will leave all of this just because the person I wanted to win, wound up loosing.

Who is president, actually has pretty much ZERO bearing on my personal life.

To me, it seems they were not all that committed in the first place.

Just a thought.

Quag...don't you find it a little funny that these people, right or left, that feel they are just going to pull up stakes and leave for another country if their person is not elected every four years, are somehow not very established in the first place.

I mean, I have travelled and lived all over the place in my life, and now...finally...I found a nice house, a good woman, two cats, and some acreage that feels like home and heaven on earth. There is no way in hell I will leave all of this just because the person I wanted to win, wound up loosing.

Who is president, actually has pretty much ZERO bearing on my personal life.

To me, it seems they were not all that committed in the first place.

Just a thought.

That is one way of looking at it.
However if you listen to their rants the opposition is basically a modern version of the Nazi party and whoever is the presidential candidate is the modern Hitler. It isn't that they have little commitment but that they cannot abide the thought of living in a modern version of 1930's Germany.
They have some much fear and hatred of the other side that they cannot and will not even try to look at the issues.
They honestly believe (we are talking about the rapid partisans here) that the other side hates them and wants to impose their will upon them.
They never actually leave because the apocalypse is always only going to happen next year.

FYI I think both candidates are the worst ones ever to run for the office but I dont think either of them is Hitler.

That is one way of looking at it.
However if you listen to their rants the opposition is basically a modern version of the Nazi party and whoever is the presidential candidate is the modern Hitler. It isn't that they have little commitment but that they cannot abide the thought of living in a modern version of 1930's Germany.
They have some much fear and hatred of the other side that they cannot and will not even try to look at the issues.
They honestly believe (we are talking about the rapid partisans here) that the other side hates them and wants to impose their will upon them.
They never actually leave because the apocalypse is always only going to happen next year.

FYI I think both candidates are the worst ones ever to run for the office but I dont think either of them is Hitler.

Careful...saying neither one of them is anything like Hitler will get you attacked and ridiculed by the "just like Hitler" crowd. Usually almost always from the left.

I once had a DP member say some relative of Anne Frank said Trump was "just like Hitler", so therefore it must be the gospel truth and undisputable.

Isn't it funny what a phobia (unreasonable fear) will do to some people's logical thought processes?

Careful...saying neither one of them is anything like Hitler will get you attacked and ridiculed by the "just like Hitler" crowd. Usually almost always from the left.

I once had a DP member say some relative of Anne Frank said Trump was "just like Hitler", so therefore it must be the gospel truth and undisputable.

Isn't it funny what a phobia (unreasonable fear) will do to some people's logical thought processes?

A friend over dinner said that if Trump won they were going to move, his son (10) was there and asked if they were really going to move. Friend say no they weren't going to move. It really was just a way of expressing how much he disliked Trump. Hyperbole is often the standard when discussing politics.

A few days ago, I watched a documentary called Waiting for Armageddon. My reaction to it was that it was really good. It provided interesting insight into the complex beliefs, and many of people in it sounded like a few Christians I know.

One scene especially reminds me of somebody I know. She said she does not expect to experience becoming a grandma. Then she sat down at a table with the bible and her two teenage daughters and proclaimed, "All of the prophecies have been fulfilled... every single one!" Then had a dire conversation with them about the coming end.

Well, today, I checked the mail and I got a pamphlet and invite to a Christian event about about the end times, the prophecies, the bible, and all things related. I started to wonder how common this belief is.

And if you think the end is coming, are you worried or stressed out? It seems like something you shouldn't be preoccupied with if you think you will be saved. I don't understand the intense focus many Christians have on the concept.

Another group of people in the documentary seemed excited about the end coming, and want to encourage events in Israel believing it will trigger the end.

Thoughts?

I believe we are in the end of days. I don't think it'll play out like anything we've seen on the silver screen, and already a good many prophecies have been fulfilled, as well as a many yet to have passed. So, no not tomorrow, but that statement won't be true forever, if even a decade.

As for stressed? Nah, when I was a kid I would trip out about such things, but reading the Word, it clearly says those that keep the faith will be protected from anything too intense in this age. Just like the guys in the furnance made a million times as hot or whatever. Bottom line of it, if you truely believe in what Christ is, then you can be at the center of a nuke blast and walk away without a scratch. And if you are turned to dust, it's just cause God wanted to meet ya face to face. It's not a punishment, it's an honor. Says so about those that go through tribulation and are slain, but not, for their name is in the Book of Life.

God called us to be in this world, not of it. So we have to be here for these things, the workers are few and all that, and the harvest is many. But that shouldn't bring ya dread to know the age your in, because it's an honor. You were made for this moment by the Most High because when it came to boots on the ground time, He chose you.

You know, there's been quite the number of students and professors of Judaism that I've discussed Daniel with over the years. It's hard to get them to even admit that Daniel was a prophet, was the author of Daniel, or much less get them to acknowledge that the Book of Daniel was prophetic. But that's fine. We both have our beliefs and we'll just stick with that.

The book of Daniel recounts events that are supposed to have happened during the fall of the Babylonian Empire in 539 BC. Non Fundamentalist Bible scholars believe that Daniel was written during the Maccabean Revolt, which happened from 167 to 160 BC, and that it was was written to inspire Jewish rebels fighting the the Seleucid Empire.

The revolt was sucessful, and the Jews were independent until they were conquered by Pompey in 63 BC.

The book of Daniel recounts events that are supposed to have happened during the fall of the Babylonian Empire in 539 BC. Non Fundamentalist Bible scholars believe that Daniel was written during the Maccabean Revolt, which happened from 167 to 160 BC, and that it was was written to inspire Jewish rebels fighting the the Seleucid Empire.

The revolt was sucessful, and the Jews were independent until they were conquered by Pompey in 63 BC.

FUNDI ALERT, FUNDI ALERT. Given the precise fulfillment of Daniel's prophecies of the martyrdom of the two prophets the daily sacrifice at the temple was symbolic of- Jesus on 1 Apr 33 AD and Joseph Smith in 1844 AD, I'd say these scholars are wrong in implying this book of Jewish scripture is a fraud with the author(s) at a much later date retrofitting the many other other prophecies that appear to be accurate in order to fool the readers into thinking it's the real deal. The fulfillment of these two prophecies is evidence that the Book of Daniel is what it claims.

PS, Ramoss disagrees.

FUNDI ALERT, FUNDI ALERT. Given the precise fulfillment of Daniel's prophecies of the martyrdom of the two prophets the daily sacrifice at the temple was symbolic of- Jesus on 1 Apr 33 AD and Joseph Smith in 1844 AD, I'd say these scholars are wrong in implying this book of Jewish scripture is a fraud with the author(s) at a much later date retrofitting the many other other prophecies that appear to be accurate in order to fool the readers into thinking it's the real deal. The fulfillment of these two prophecies is evidence that the Book of Daniel is what it claims.

PS, Ramoss disagrees.

I would say so. Using vague references , and pulling numbers out of the air is not very convincing. Particuarly when there are dozens of different solutions claiming the same inspiration and paragraphs.

PS, Ramoss disagrees.
You've basically just put a bunch of nonsensical, vague references together that mean absolutely nothing.

A few days ago, I watched a documentary called Waiting for Armageddon. My reaction to it was that it was really good. It provided interesting insight into the complex beliefs, and many of people in it sounded like a few Christians I know.

One scene especially reminds me of somebody I know. She said she does not expect to experience becoming a grandma. Then she sat down at a table with the bible and her two teenage daughters and proclaimed, "All of the prophecies have been fulfilled... every single one!" Then had a dire conversation with them about the coming end.

Well, today, I checked the mail and I got a pamphlet and invite to a Christian event about about the end times, the prophecies, the bible, and all things related. I started to wonder how common this belief is.

And if you think the end is coming, are you worried or stressed out? It seems like something you shouldn't be preoccupied with if you think you will be saved. I don't understand the intense focus many Christians have on the concept.

Another group of people in the documentary seemed excited about the end coming, and want to encourage events in Israel believing it will trigger the end.

Thoughts?

I went to an AA meeting once, where they're more focused on an unnamed Higher Power as the source of recovery. Along with the fellowship of other alcoholics and the 12 steps. And I asked, who is this God that's going to save me? And one of the older members said, you don't worry about God's business just focus on your own. It's a blind faith they have there.

I don't think we're meant to know about such things, only to live our days one at a time.

I would say so. Using vague references , and pulling numbers out of the air is not very convincing. Particuarly when there are dozens of different solutions claiming the same inspiration and paragraphs.

To you strong evidence is evidence that supports your biases.

To you strong evidence is evidence that supports your biases.

No, strong evidence is evidence that 1) match the data, 2) does not have equally valid alternate solutions, and 3) explains the details. The items that your explanation ignores and does not explain is the anachronistic use of Persian borrow words, and the errors in genealogy and the succession of Babylonian Kings.

No, strong evidence is evidence that 1) match the data, 2) does not have equally valid alternate solutions, and 3) explains the details. The items that your explanation ignores and does not explain is the anachronistic use of Persian borrow words, and the errors in genealogy and the succession of Babylonian Kings.

I've ignored them because I am not qualified to know whether the arguments are valid. Maybe you and TheGoverness are qualified to know what is anachronistic or not but i am not fluent in the ancient languages and the necessary cultures to know whether or not the arguments are valid or not. I do know the exact dates 1 Apr 33 AD and 1844 AD are not pulled out of thin air.

I've ignored them because I am not qualified to know whether the arguments are valid. Maybe you and TheGoverness are qualified to know what is anachronistic or not but i am not fluent in the ancient languages and the necessary cultures to know whether or not the arguments are valid or not. I do know the exact dates 1 Apr 33 AD and 1844 AD are not pulled out of thin air.

Yet, you are unable to point to the exact words in Daniel that specifically say those dates. You take vague references, and make assumptions.

You're no Walking Dead fan. You's just a poe.

And here I am thinking you guys are doing parody of militant anti-Christs. According to Richard Dawkins I am an idiot for not knowing the Book of Mormon is a fraud because it is written in King James English when it purports to derive from 600 BC middle east. Dawkins has to be reverse poeing.

Yet, you are unable to point to the exact words in Daniel that specifically say those dates. You take vague references, and make assumptions.

We disagree. I've gone over it with you 2 or 3 times now. I think the case that was presented is very valid.

How so? All you've done is just make baseless assumptions.

If you think it is baseless assumptions there is no use once again going over it. You won't comprehend it. But you do comprehend how Persian words are anachronistic in the Book of Daniel!

Back
Top Bottom