• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you agree America has become largely enslaved to the right-wing media machine?

The founding fathers thought the average person was too stupid to vote, I think they might have been onto something?
There was no public education system for citizens back then. It probably was a good idea until most of your population became educated. If we are still questioning the intelligence of our society, that would absolutely get blamed on the public education system.

Yep. It's nearly impossible to discuss any issue outside the way that Fox News has framed it.
It's certainly impossible to get your opponent to discus it outside the way that Fox News has framed it, if that person is in the Fox/GOP/etc base.

I try to always discuss things in my own framework, if I approach it differently than the way it was framed when I received the information. I've seen others do it.

by asking this question, you have painted yourself as a completely clueless,inside-the-bubble liberal who lacks any capability for introspection.

About 20 years ago, people started debating politics based on the information they acquired from late night comedy. Pretty scary.

How do you so consistently come down on the wrong side of facts?
This was a joke, right?

Certainly, at the very least, it reeks of irony, coming from you.

It utterly amazes me; the media today is dominated by LEFT WING dogma;
I suggest you re-read the OP, and consider responding to what it ACTUALLY says, rather to a topic that always triggers you.

some alleged "journalists" have said they see no need to report fairly or to tell both sides of the issue
No need to ask for clarification. This is just a dumb lie.

So you missed the "women are losing the right to an abortion" thing? :eek:
YOu do realize that's what's happening, right? That's not "propaganda", it's reality.

Time to wake up and smell the covefe

Is that a serious question? You can’t be oblivious to the propaganda used on entertainment news commentary shows. Or the endless excuses the WH has been putting out to explain the poor economy under Biden from it’s not happening, it’s not that bad, it’s a good thing, it’s horrible and trumps fault, it’s Russia’s fault.
The economy is going gangbusters. Look at the numbers. Yes yes, we all know there's inflation, it's currently a worldwide issue.

I ask again, what propaganda?

There was no public education system for citizens back then. It probably was a good idea until most of your population became educated. If we are still questioning the intelligence of our society, that would absolutely get blamed on the public education system.
The public education system deliberatly hamstrings their students. Thats why it should be avoided.

"I think it’s become clear that fairness is overrated ... the idea that we should always give two sides equal weight and merit does not reflect the world we find ourselves in" Lester Holt

Spiking of the Hunter Biden laptop.
We've already discussed the laptop. It's fake news. Yes, It exists. At some point it possibly belonged to hunter biden. The guy who turned it over himself says there's stuff there that wasn't there when he handed it over.

Can someone list members of the right wing media machine? I need to expand my reading list. Fox is tacking right but it will likely throw conservatives under the bus when it counts again.

by asking this question, you have painted yourself as a completely clueless,inside-the-bubble liberal who lacks any capability for introspection.
So, can't come up with any examples?

We've already discussed the laptop. It's fake news. Yes, It exists. At some point it possibly belonged to hunter biden. The guy who turned it over himself says there's stuff there that wasn't there when he handed it over.

?? It may have been discussed on this Board. But 99% of the media spiked the story - refused to cover it.

I wouldn't bet a dime that it's ultimately found to be fake news.

?? It may have been discussed on this Board. But 99% of the media spiked the story - refused to cover it.

I wouldn't bet a dime that it's ultimately found to be fake news.
Because it was a false narrative.

Faux earned its name. The rest you just wish were that way.
Oh they are very much that way. All corperate news has to be vetted and confirmed IMO. There are none that are worthy of trust and for good reason.

Again ???? The false narrative, behind which many of the major outlets hid (thus abdicating their role as journalists) was that the laptop story was "RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION"

Oh they are very much that way. All corperate news has to be vetted and confirmed IMO. There are none that are worthy of trust and for good reason.
Not really, no. If they really were in the bag for the left why would they be out there telling you economy is bad when it's not? Why would they be building all this drama about the midterms when it's evident things are gonna break the democrats way? The "mainstream media" is looking for ratings. Nothing more.

Again ???? The false narrative, behind which many of the major outlets hid (thus abdicating their role as journalists) was that the laptop story was "RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION"
It was.

Not really, no. If they really were in the bag for the left why would they be out there telling you economy is bad when it's not? Why would they be building all this drama about the midterms when it's evident things are gonna break the democrats way? The "mainstream media" is looking for ratings. Nothing more.
My experiance and evidence tells me the exact opposite of what you said.

My experiance and evidence tells me the exact opposite of what you said.
YOur experience includes brainwashing from alt right "media" sources so it's not really based in reality.

About 20 years ago, people started debating politics based on the information they acquired from late night comedy. Pretty scary.
Actually, late night comedy has a lot better opinions and accuracy than the propaganda of right-wing media.

I don't know what that means. Seems you're saying the job of a journalist is to present a narrative. It's not. It's to present facts. "It's Russian disinformation" is a narrative - a false narrative. That is what the media gave to the public.

I don't know what that means. Seems you're saying the job of a journalist is to present a narrative. It's not. It's to present facts. "It's Russian disinformation" is a narrative - a false narrative. That is what the media gave to the public.
It is to present facts. That's why the laptop wasn't spoken about. No facts.

Back
Top Bottom