• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do we have a UFO problem ?

It could not account for the MANY objects seen by US space programs astronauts since the 1960's. These men are trained US AirForce pilots, educated, and not prone to creating fanciful stories.
Light can play tricks on even the most seasoned pilots. There is no reason to believe UFO's are real.

Light can play tricks on even the most seasoned pilots. There is no reason to believe UFO's are real.
Well there unidentified

Again it don't equate to visitors from another planet, as I have already said.

There have been numerous cases of these objects appearing on radar along with a visual sighting. Light does not appear as a solid object on radar, so what are they, .

Well there unidentified

Again it don't equate to visitors from another planet, as I have already said.

There have been numerous cases of these objects appearing on radar along with a visual sighting. Light does not appear as a solid object on radar, so what are they, .
The would not be UFO's if we knew what they are. Radar is not infallible either. Simple logic should be sufficient to tell us that they are not space aliens though. A needle in a haystack does not come close to describing how difficult it would be for space aliens to even find earth no less visit here. Time travelers from the future is far more likely and then you have to believe in time travel.

According to the video, the Navy detected UAPs multiple times, with radar and weapon tracking systems in working order.

The would not be UFO's if we knew what they are. Radar is not infallible either. Simple logic should be sufficient to tell us that they are not space aliens though. A needle in a haystack does not come close to describing how difficult it would be for space aliens to even find earth no less visit here. Time travelers from the future is far more likely and then you have to believe in time travel.

Look at it from the other way around. We have a telescope which can detect oxygen in the atmospheres of exoplanets. If we find it, those exoplanets will be targets of further exploration and there's no logical limit to how good a telescope can be.

In 400 years we went from no telescopes to the Webb and soon the Extremely Large telescopes. That is an infinitesimal fraction of the time Earth has had life. And some stars are billions of years older than our own.

What we would do if we had an interstellar drive and wanted to investigate an exoplanet, is send robots. And if those robots found a warlike species like humans are, their instructions would be to keep watch but not make contact with the species. Orders might include retreating to behind another planet, and self-destructing.

Entirely contrary to your view (aliens are extremely rare) I expect aliens are extremely common. And the fact that they ALL avoid diplomatic contact can be explained by a hierarchy: some, presumably the oldest, forbid the others from starting wars by premature contact. The "Prime Directive" from Star Trek is actually very sensible: when a civilization is going to contact others anyway, then they're ready. They just have to be, by their own actions.

Robots would also be ideal weapons of war, if aliens decide that we're intractable and need to be exterminated. Hopefully not.

If there are really UFO's they are more likely to be earth time travelers from the future than aliens from other worlds. At least that would explain their secrecy. There is simply no way for space aliens to finds us or travel 1000's of light years to reach us. There are at least as many stars as there are grains of sand on all the beaches. How would you go about finding the single grain that is our sun?
Been a while since I was really into reading about this kind of stuff. Einstein's theories(relativity, space time, wormholes, time travel, and all that). But IIRC, things go hand in hand. If we've nailed down time travel, then we likely have the means to go visit "them". And if that's the case, no longer theory, but reality, then there is no reason a sufficiently advanced civilization couldn't be visiting us if they've figured it out. No telling what a few thousand years can bring, which is a blip in time compared to the age of the Universe. We could just be the new kids on the block. And not the Whalbergs.😊

Though have read on the theory of its us visiting us, which is an interesting take.

Look at it from the other way around. We have a telescope which can detect oxygen in the atmospheres of exoplanets. If we find it, those exoplanets will be targets of further exploration and there's no logical limit to how good a telescope can be.

In 400 years we went from no telescopes to the Webb and soon the Extremely Large telescopes. That is an infinitesimal fraction of the time Earth has had life. And some stars are billions of years older than our own.

What we would do if we had an interstellar drive and wanted to investigate an exoplanet, is send robots. And if those robots found a warlike species like humans are, their instructions would be to keep watch but not make contact with the species. Orders might include retreating to behind another planet, and self-destructing.

Entirely contrary to your view (aliens are extremely rare) I expect aliens are extremely common. And the fact that they ALL avoid diplomatic contact can be explained by a hierarchy: some, presumably the oldest, forbid the others from starting wars by premature contact. The "Prime Directive" from Star Trek is actually very sensible: when a civilization is going to contact others anyway, then they're ready. They just have to be, by their own actions.

Robots would also be ideal weapons of war, if aliens decide that we're intractable and need to be exterminated. Hopefully not.
You watch too much Star Trek...You do know that it is fiction right? No alien race has ever visited earth and none are ever likely to. The same goes for us. The universe is just too big and Einstein's calculations apply to all of it.

Last edited:
You did you said I have not earned your respect and why would I want it from a man who lies about me and millions of other .Your either doing it for fun to get a reaction or and need attention because you know its not true. As I said I can make simular claims about democrat and post links to prove it, but that would be a lie about democrats in general . If you want to sir the pot with lies feel free to . Ignorance is all your posting .
Please tell your programmer there is no space at the end of a sentence before a period.

It's interesting news, though: people want experts to look at the matter. We have what's good as it gets concerning that, and they're witnesses, too: professional naval aviators who are cleared in terms of physical and mental health, and are trained to identify aerial phenomenon.

They want the best equipment to detect UAPs. At best we have weapons tracking systems on very expensive aircraft plus probably the best radar systems on the most advanced naval vessels in the world, and all manned by highly trained personnel.

They were also involved in perfect weather conditions and in military exercises designed to test not just personnel but the same vehicles and equipment, and they all were found to be in working order.

They detect a vehicle traveling at high speed that doesn't allow for human pilots, maneuvering in ways that don't allow for current technology or natural phenomenon, and then detected again by another ship miles away which rules out problems with equipment.

It's interesting news, though: people want experts to look at the matter. We have what's good as it gets concerning that, and they're witnesses, too: professional naval aviators who are cleared in terms of physical and mental health, and are trained to identify aerial phenomenon.

They want the best equipment to detect UAPs. At best we have weapons tracking systems on very expensive aircraft plus probably the best radar systems on the most advanced naval vessels in the world, and all manned by highly trained personnel.

They were also involved in perfect weather conditions and in military exercises designed to test not just personnel but the same vehicles and equipment, and they all were found to be in working order.

They detect a vehicle traveling at high speed that doesn't allow for human pilots, maneuvering in ways that don't allow for current technology or natural phenomenon, and then detected again by another ship miles away which rules out problems with equipment.
Even the best aren’t immune to optical illusion and stupidity. The DNI has a whole category dedicated to aerial debris being reporting as UAP. Yes, people in the military report plastic bags drifting through the wind as UAP.

There's an etheric station that monitors the Earth and perhaps other planets in the sector, halfway between Arcturus and Antares.

Ashtar of the Pleiadean High command observed the life of Christ.

Lots of races are visiting us, one guy says seventeen, another government official says seventy.

Earth is a hub really, with its illuminati, Christ, Gabriel, etc, they all have UFO. We're just a silly little race in ignorance.

Even the best aren’t immune to optical illusion and stupidity. The DNI has a whole category dedicated to aerial debris being reporting as UAP. Yes, people in the military report plastic bags drifting through the wind as UAP.

My understanding is that the hearing ruled out optical illusion and stupidity because multiple sightings took place involve advanced weapons tracking and radar systems that were in working order and operated by highly trained personnel, from naval aviators to ship radar crew, considering UAPs that are much larger than plastic bags, moving at high speed, maneuvering in impossible ways, detected by equipment that should in no way mistake them from optical illusions as that would be extremely bad news for the military, and then detected again by radar by another ship miles away.

I am more amazed that considering how often UFOs are spotted in the US specifically, not one single decent photo has emerged in about 100 years.

Last edited:

I think most of us have seen the navy's tapes on the new showing UFOs , here we have more testimony from a former pilot .
What do you think they are ? And is it a issue ?

I think we have a "former navy pilot seeking attention" problem.

I am more amazed that considering how often UFOs are spotted in the US specifically, not one single decent photo has emerged in about 100 years.
Well the US has a hugely thick atmosphere unlike other countries. It’s so thick it causes all pictures taken of flying saucers to be blurry😃

It’s part of our “American exceptionalism” policy

Well the US has a hugely thick atmosphere unlike other countries. It’s so thick it causes all pictures taken of flying saucers to be blurry😃

I think the Dems are controlling the UFO information. They want to collude with the UFO's to enact gun control. Better watch out.

I think the Dems are controlling the UFO information. They want to collude with the UFO's to enact gun control. Better watch out.
With all this talk about UFOs, I want everybody to have all the guns and ammunition they can have.

If not for the UFO, for Russia while we protect, rebuild and defend.

The ones shown in the video shared earlier involve weapons tracking systems in advanced fighter aircraft. There might be more data concerning detection, especially involving radar, but I think most of the information is being kept classified.

I think we have a "former navy pilot seeking attention" problem.

According to 60 Minutes, the detection involved active-duty pilots and even radar crew in an aircraft carrier and other ships conducting military exercises. The only reason why they decided to speak up was because one media outlet leaked videos from the tracking systems. It was only then that the house decided to call Navy and Pentagon officials to explain what happened. From what I gathered, they are officially confirming that those were UAPs and have ruled out optical illusion, equipment malfunction, animals and plants, and natural phenomena. That means they are unmanned vehicles using technology that the Navy doesn't have and is of unknown origin.

I think when asked about reluctance of personnel to speak, several pointed out that the reason they don't is because not just the military but even commercial airliners frown on such reports. Those who issue reports are usually transferred to other work.

In reaction to that, the government has called for an office to receive reports from military personnel on such matters, and has strongly advised at least the military not to stop active duty personnel from reporting such incidences.

According to one documentary, similar sightings have been reported by other military forces in Europe and Russia.

Back
Top Bottom