• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do not ask Trump to do what you refuse to do

On top of that, he has promised to do so on several occasions. Including as a wager to pressure Obama to release his birth certificate, which, Obama (who did not have to, either) freely divulged.

We should expect Presidents to deliver on some of their promises, shouldn't we?
I don't get why the right tries to come up with defenses as in OP, when they completely overlook all the promises made. Forget making everyone post their personal info. This is something that was promised to voters in return for their votes. Why on earth should you completely ignore that, and try to deflect with some other lame excuse?

If Obama or Biden promised something (very easy to come up with) for your vote and never delivered, would you ignore it 100% and ask not what they could do for you...?
Be honest here.

Trump put conditions on any disclosure.

Say, when you read Obama's returns what did they tell you?

The former president is not obliged to, and never promised to. The Speaker of the house never ran for president and never promised to.

Trump was willing to promise to release his taxes when he thought it would win him votes. He just never did it when he thought actually releasing them would lose him votes. He lied.

Here is what Trump actually said.

In May 2016, Trump said that he did not plan to release his tax returns before the November 2016 election; the tax returns were not released. Trump also said in May 2016 that "there's nothing to learn from" his tax returns, and said on ABC News that his tax rate is "none of your business".

Tax returns of Donald Trump - Wikipedia.

Trump put conditions on any disclosure.

Say, when you read Obama's returns what did they tell you?
his release told me that they were available to any who wanted, and that he was a man of his word who would be transparent about his finances while in that office.

What did you learn about Trump's character from his refusal to release what he promised to release and provide transparency?

Here is what Trump actually said.

In May 2016, Trump said that he did not plan to release his tax returns before the November 2016 election; the tax returns were not released. Trump also said in May 2016 that "there's nothing to learn from" his tax returns, and said on ABC News that his tax rate is "none of your business".

Tax returns of Donald Trump - Wikipedia.

Oh we have all the quotes sitting in a video, without you to cherry pick or interpret, See post # 5. You just have to follow them chronologically as provided in the video to see the moving target bob and weave.

Last edited:
False equivalency. I'm not president, so my finances have no bearing on anyone but me. A president's finances are a significantly different story.

/thread

President Ford did not release his.
He released summaries of his tax returns.

Biden already released his returns. Obama released his returns. Members of the House and Senate do not release their returns, and that's bipartisan.

We know that Presidential candidates aren't required by law to release their returns. That does absolutely NOTHING to change your argument. There is no problem whatsoever with the public demanding that a business owner, especially one with a penchant for playing fast and loose with the facts, and selling expensive properties to foreigners, publish his recent tax returns.

For the vast majority of candidates, this is only to make sure there isn't a conflict of interest. In Trump's case, it is also because he very likely engaged in fraud, such as deliberately lowballing the value of his properties in tax filings, and exaggerating their value in loan requests.
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

Trump Tax Records Reveal New Inconsistencies — This Time for Trump Tower

SDNY Obtains Trump Tax Document Showing Insurance & Tax Fraud

Your dissembling is unconvincing. But thanks for the opportunity to remind everyone that Trump is a liar and a fraud and receives lots of money from foreigners.

He released summaries of his tax returns.

Biden already released his returns. Obama released his returns. Members of the House and Senate do not release their returns, and that's bipartisan.

We know that Presidential candidates aren't required by law to release their returns. That does absolutely NOTHING to change your argument. There is no problem whatsoever with the public demanding that a business owner, especially one with a penchant for playing fast and loose with the facts, and selling expensive properties to foreigners, publish his recent tax returns.

For the vast majority of candidates, this is only to make sure there isn't a conflict of interest. In Trump's case, it is also because he very likely engaged in fraud, such as deliberately lowballing the value of his properties in tax filings, and exaggerating their value in loan requests.
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

Trump Tax Records Reveal New Inconsistencies — This Time for Trump Tower

SDNY Obtains Trump Tax Document Showing Insurance & Tax Fraud

Your dissembling is unconvincing. But thanks for the opportunity to remind everyone that Trump is a liar and a fraud and receives lots of money from foreigners.

There are laws on the books prohibiting the discrimination vs buyers of property.

You are welcome for the lesson from a former CA RE broker.

And nothing you said proves Trump is a liar. The king of presidential liars may well be William Clinton and his wife.

False equivalency. I'm not president, so my finances have no bearing on anyone but me. A president's finances are a significantly different story.

/thread

Trump disclosed his finances as proscribed by law. My point is to point out how dumb it is to ask for income tax returns. Few Americans prepare them and few can read one of them.

Tell you what as a good test. Explain Obama's federal tax returns to all of us. I have time to wait on you.

If I were running for office, yes.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Here is the simple truth about Democrats. They believe that the IRS forms are weapons.

Problem with that is the experts at IRS already have said returns and have not declared any problems with the Trump returns exist.

Oh we have all the quotes sitting in a video, without you to cherry pick or interpret, See post # 5. You just have to follow them chronologically as provided in the video to see the moving target bob and weave.

I have used good sources to debunk your claims.

Trump disclosed his finances as proscribed by law. My point is to point out how dumb it is to ask for income tax returns. Few Americans prepare them and few can read one of them.

Least of Donald J. Trump!

Tell you what as a good test. Explain Obama's federal tax returns to all of us. I have time to wait on you.

Who? Oh they guy that was hounded non-stop by the Right to show his BIRTH CERTIFICATE?. I had almost forgotten about him. I didn't realize he was still running the country!

#butobama

I have used good sources to debunk your claims.

But the tape has all the quotes in chronological order, in context, with Donald's face, in his voice, with his mannerism and that is so much more than what you are providing. You are not offering anything near the quality of the actual tape. Why don't you listen to and refer us to, what is sitting on the tape because that is where all the deception, all the inconsistencies, or those changing standards and stories are for you to defend as coming from a place of transparency, integrity and honor.

But the tape has all the quotes in chronological order, in context, with Donald's face, in his voice, with his mannerism and that is so much more than what you are providing. You are not offering anything near the quality of the actual tape. Why don't you listen to and refer us to, what is sitting on the tape because that is where all the deception, all the inconsistencies, or those changing standards and stories are for you to defend as coming from a place of transparency, integrity and honor.

I understand what you are saying. Editors perform magic.

I understand what you are saying. Editors perform magic.
Except your quotes ( the ones you want to re-interpret for us) and what is sitting in these tapes are identical except you are cherry-picking and you are taking a snippet out of context.

We don't need your typing it out, and we don't want what you type out when we have it all sitting right on the tape.

You going to go back and compare former presidents to acting presidents or House speakers to acting presidents again. It was mighty desperate looking last time.

The whining over tax returns has come back again.

Advice.

Do not seek Trump do that you won't do.

If you want to look honest, post for all of us your full income tax returns.

If it is wrong for you to post yours, it is wrong for Trump to post his.

I handled the public tax returns in the Mortgage business. Each of you that got home loans submitted your income statements to get the loans. And under penalty of perjury, you turned them in. But that was only because you were making financial statements to get a loan.

The loan guy, me in the past, were severely under a duty to the customer not to disclose or discuss his tax returns to others.

Your OP suggests we are all running for public office. We aren't. DonDon is.

Your OP suggests we are all running for public office. We aren't. DonDon is.

Actually no I am not. There is no rule, no law, no regulation calling for a person running for president to submit for examination tax returns. I hate to disappoint you.

i am saying that since he has no duty, why not show us what such a duty looks like and make your own returns public?

Except your quotes ( the ones you want to re-interpret for us) and what is sitting in these tapes are identical except you are cherry-picking and you are taking a snippet out of context.

We don't need your typing it out, and we don't want what you type out when we have it all sitting right on the tape.

You going to go back and compare former presidents to acting presidents or House speakers to acting presidents again. It was mighty desperate looking last time.

Look, no matter, Trump has no duty to produce returns. And I did something I doubt you did, I studied his financial disclosures to the campaign managers.

Did you find anything amiss in the Trump financial disclosures?

Actually no I am not. There is no rule, no law, no regulation calling for a person running for president to submit for examination tax returns. I hate to disappoint you.

i am saying that since he has no duty, why not show us what such a duty looks like and make your own returns public?

I know there isn't. Its the decent thing to do. Its an established Norm. But then there is NOTHING decent about Donald Trump and the certainly does not care about any governmental norm either. To say nothing of the fact that Trump's insisting on hiding them and his absurd rational from the start that its because he has been under audit simply continues to beg the question, what are you hiding Donald.

The use of "the peoples house" as a partisan political prop is pretty disgusting.

Last edited:
I know there isn't. Its the decent thing to do. Its an established Norm. But then there is NOTHING decent about Donald Trump and the certainly does not care about any governmental norm either. To say nothing of the fact that Trump's insisting on hiding them and his absurd rational from the start that its because he has been under audit simply continues to beg the question, what are you hiding Donald.

The use of "the peoples house" as a partisan political prop is pretty disgusting.

Was he supposed to use the motel down the road as a site? We give him the home to live in.

As to your quest for his tax records, for what purpose may I ask?

Did you study his financial disclosures at all?

Oh they had a super fireworks display at the end. One if the best I have ever seen.

Was he supposed to use the motel down the road as a site? We give him the home to live in.

As to your quest for his tax records, for what purpose may I ask?

Did you study his financial disclosures at all?

Oh they had a super fireworks display at the end. One if the best I have ever seen.

What was he to use...ANYWHERE BUT THE PEOPLES HOUSE.

The financial disclosures are not adequate OBVIOUSLY!

A great fireworks display....typical....The President and governance generally judged for its entertainment value.

The whining over tax returns has come back again.

Advice.

Do not seek Trump do that you won't do.

If you want to look honest, post for all of us your full income tax returns.

If it is wrong for you to post yours, it is wrong for Trump to post his.

I handled the public tax returns in the Mortgage business. Each of you that got home loans submitted your income statements to get the loans. And under penalty of perjury, you turned them in. But that was only because you were making financial statements to get a loan.

The loan guy, me in the past, were severely under a duty to the customer not to disclose or discuss his tax returns to others.

Ridiculous OP.

When I run for POTUS, my tax returns will become relevant to my suitability for the office. Until then, not so much.

And if that day ever comes, and I promise to release by returns (and then renege on the promise)...feel free to call me a liar and/or question my potential conflicts of interest.

What a huge fail this OP is. I can't believe you even presented it. :lamo

-5/2014 ""If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."
- 2/2016 ""Tax experts throughout the media agree that no sane person would give their tax returns during an audit," he said. "After the audit, no problem!""-
All the things Donald Trump and his team have said about releasing his tax returns

While there is no law requiring him to do so and has stated as much. Then why did he say in 2014 he would. Especially since he uses the excuse has been in continuous audits for more than 10 years. Pretty much lying to the American people.

As far as why should a President release the tax returns, Wouldn't you want to know if that person is beholding to some government or non citizen in another country?
Something that the average person does not need to worry about being involved in.

Back
Top Bottom