• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do not ask Trump to do what you refuse to do

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The whining over tax returns has come back again.

Advice.

Do not seek Trump do that you won't do.

If you want to look honest, post for all of us your full income tax returns.

If it is wrong for you to post yours, it is wrong for Trump to post his.

I handled the public tax returns in the Mortgage business. Each of you that got home loans submitted your income statements to get the loans. And under penalty of perjury, you turned them in. But that was only because you were making financial statements to get a loan.

The loan guy, me in the past, were severely under a duty to the customer not to disclose or discuss his tax returns to others.

Advice.

I handled the public tax returns in the Mortgage business. Each of you that got home loans submitted your income statements to get the loans. And under penalty of perjury, you turned them in. But that was only because you were making financial statements to get a loan.

The loan guy, me in the past, were severely under a duty to the customer not to disclose or discuss his tax returns to others.
Take my own SAT tests instead of having someone else taking them for me? No I indeed took my own SAT tests.

Advice.

People are not requesting that Trump provide anything other candidates have not willingly provided.

Presidential Tax Returns | Presidential Candidates Taxes - Tax Notes

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

LOL

News flash! Every other Presidential candidate since Nixon has released tax returns. They also didn't lie about an audit preventing the release.

Thanks, though, for reminding us that Trump is dishonest.

Advice.

The difference between me and Trump is that I never once promised to make my tax returns public and he did. So I am not asking anything other than for Trump to keep his word.

"I have no objection to certainly show my tax returns" Donald Trump

Advice.

Members on an anonymous internet forum should post their tax returns or else stop asking a presidential candidate to provide his.

Well, that was stupid.

Advice.

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

It sincerely worries me that I have to point this out to you, but, none of us are running for the presidency

Or were you just trying to get people to reveal their personal information to you. Is that what you were doing?

People are not requesting that Trump provide anything other candidates have not willingly provided.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

On top of that, he has promised to do so on several occasions. Including as a wager to pressure Obama to release his birth certificate, which, Obama (who did not have to, either) freely divulged.

We should expect Presidents to deliver on some of their promises, shouldn't we?
I don't get why the right tries to come up with defenses as in OP, when they completely overlook all the promises made. Forget making everyone post their personal info. This is something that was promised to voters in return for their votes. Why on earth should you completely ignore that, and try to deflect with some other lame excuse?

If Obama or Biden promised something (very easy to come up with) for your vote and never delivered, would you ignore it 100% and ask not what they could do for you...?
Be honest here.

Last edited:
we need more pics of the slave's houses. this time from Somali or Saudi Arabia.

oh, and in case anyone hasn't figured it out, the OP and people like him are the ones that are letting a sleazy politician not show the US public his tax returns. it's their fault.

Or when have any of us claimed to be the most transparent in the history of this country?

Trump claims he is the "most transparent president" in the history of his country.

Members on an anonymous internet forum should post their tax returns or else stop asking a presidential candidate to provide his.

Well, that was stupid.

At least there was no video!

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

It sincerely worries me that I have to point this out to you, but, none of us are running for the presidency

Or were you just trying to get people to reveal their personal information to you. Is that what you were doing?

True, doxing is very much against the rules here.

Or when have any of us claimed to be the most transparent in the history of this country?

<snip>

Trump claims he is the "most transparent president" in the history of his country.

In a way this IS the most transparent Administration, it’s all out in the open if you half pay attention.....

Trump's tax records are his own business. Just like YOUR tax records are YOUR business. You people need to deal with that.

He cannot be compelled to release his tax records UNLESS they are subpoenaed as material to an investigation or legislative action. And even in those cases, only the people in the investigation or legislation may see the data.

Trumps tax records will NEVER be published (unless illegally leaked).

In a way this IS the most transparent Administration, it’s all out in the open if you half pay attention.....

Good point.

170821-trump-eclipse-348p-rs_eaeb6584deafab9252f1238003f82d32.JPG

Advice.

He evidently is hiding something he does not want the nation to know. Only people that have things they want to hide do that.

Presidents of the United States make their tax returns a matter of public record. However, the practice of releasing returns as president or when running for office didn't become commonplace until the late 1960's. In the run-up to the 1968 presidential election, George Romney (the governor of Michigan at the time) released 12 years of his returns from 1955-1966 after being pressed by reporters. This set the precedent for presidential candidates to release their tax returns. Every president from Richard Nixon onward has made their tax returns public. The only exception is Donald Trump

He evidently is hiding something he does not want the nation to know. Only people that have things they want to hide do that.

So by you hiding your tax returns from perfect strangers, you are hiding? What are you hiding?

LOL

News flash! Every other Presidential candidate since Nixon has released tax returns. They also didn't lie about an audit preventing the release.

Thanks, though, for reminding us that Trump is dishonest.

President Ford did not release his.

This is official.

Presidential Tax Returns
Individual income tax returns — including those of public figures — are private information, protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Indeed, the Internal Revenue Service is barred from releasing any taxpayer information whatsoever, except to authorized agencies and individuals.

Like all other citizens, U.S. presidents enjoy this protection of their privacy. Since the early 1970s, however, most presidents and some vice presidents have chosen to release their returns publicly. In the hope of making this information more widely available, Tax Analysts has been collecting and archiving tax returns filed by American presidents, vice presidents, and candidates for over 20 years. Our archive of presidential tax returns can be seen below along with answers to some frequently asked questions.

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are presidents required to release their tax returns?
Presidents aren’t required by law to release their tax returns. Nevertheless, between 1974 and 2012, every president but Gerald Ford has made a voluntary release of the tax returns they filed while in office. Ford released no complete returns, but released 10 years of summary data including gross income, taxable income, major deductions, and taxes paid.

This will test all Democrats.

Show us all the tax returns of even the former Obama and then for Pelosi?

we need more pics of the slave's houses. this time from Somali or Saudi Arabia.

oh, and in case anyone hasn't figured it out, the OP and people like him are the ones that are letting a sleazy politician not show the US public his tax returns. it's their fault.

WE do not have a law forcing presidents to disclose their tax returns. I notice thus far no Democrat will disclose his or her tax returns.

President Ford did not release his.

This is official.

Presidential Tax Returns
Individual income tax returns — including those of public figures — are private information, protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Indeed, the Internal Revenue Service is barred from releasing any taxpayer information whatsoever, except to authorized agencies and individuals.

Like all other citizens, U.S. presidents enjoy this protection of their privacy. Since the early 1970s, however, most presidents and some vice presidents have chosen to release their returns publicly. In the hope of making this information more widely available, Tax Analysts has been collecting and archiving tax returns filed by American presidents, vice presidents, and candidates for over 20 years. Our archive of presidential tax returns can be seen below along with answers to some frequently asked questions.

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are presidents required to release their tax returns?
Presidents aren’t required by law to release their tax returns. Nevertheless, between 1974 and 2012, every president but Gerald Ford has made a voluntary release of the tax returns they filed while in office. Ford released no complete returns, but released 10 years of summary data including gross income, taxable income, major deductions, and taxes paid.

This will test all Democrats.

Show us all the tax returns of even the former Obama and then for Pelosi?

The former president is not obliged to, and never promised to because he is not running for the office anymore.. The Speaker of the house never ran for president and never promised to.

Trump was willing to promise to release his taxes when he thought it would win him votes. He just never did it when he thought actually releasing them would lose him votes. He lied and you are trying to give him cover.

Back
Top Bottom